Part Ex?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part Ex?
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much my car is worth as part ex? Or as private sale but px may be easier as they're hard to sell on these days.

HDi meridian estate
W plate (2000)
120k miles
Tax and test till May (iirc)

Bodywork not bad, few scuffs as usual.
Interior showing its age.

Manual rear windows, high tax and skinny uncomfortable headrests being a w plate. Not sure what else might be useful. Would be put back to standard. Any ideas?

Tom
Thanks given by:
Straight swap for my DT? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No....I've already downgraded once, will be upgrading this time! Tongue

Kinda. ninja
Thanks given by:
Meh, ill only offer once! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol Nah, I'm good thanks......already have a slow car that's perpetually broken, crap on fuel and expensive to tax, I'd rather not swap for another. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
£500ish as an absolute max.

It really depends on how much the car you're part ex'ing it against is.

If its a 10k car off the forecourt, you'll get more than if its a £1500 car...
Thanks given by:
My estate ?
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was expecting about £500 tbh. Still unsure yet but budget would be 1500-2500, dependant on what it is obv.

No offence birk but I don't want your estate.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Untitled_zps5f82591f.png]
Thanks given by:
I quite like Birks estate, that could be fun Tom! Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tom doesnt do fun. Imagine him in a low, stylish car, he'd commit suicide.

How he thinks an HDI is expensive to run though I do not know.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I don't need/want a fun car, I don't even like driving anymore tbh. I just need something practical and cheap to run, that's also cheap to tax and insure. And not always broken. Plus birks estate is far too modded for me, its not to my taste....and why would I swap one HDi estate for another lol?
Thanks given by:
Surely you want that feeling of looking out the window seeing your car and going "DAAAYYMN!"

I like that anyway Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 12:17 PM)Tom Wrote: Surely you want that feeling of looking out the window seeing your car and going "DAAAYYMN!"

I like that anyway Smile

I can't see mine out the window. It's 4 miles away feeling sorry for itself. Caught a glimpse of it the other night and it made me angry haha.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 12:17 PM)Tom Wrote: Surely you want that feeling of looking out the window seeing your car and going "DAAAYYMN!"

I like that anyway Smile

My driveways round the back.... I have to look at trees and rivers out the front...even more booooooring!

Plus I don't actually like the look of my car, I often come back to it in carparks and think 'why the f*ck am I driving this heap!?'....I tried putting my choice mods on and it hasn't made a difference, it still looks dated, scruffy and estate'ish. Meh.
Thanks given by:
That's because it's an old French estate.....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
i look at my car out the window and fap frequently . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 01:06 PM)Matt Wrote: That's because it's an old French estate.....

I know. Sad

I wish I could look at them the same way you guys do though. Undecided

(24-12-2012, 01:12 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i look at my car out the window and fap frequently . .lol

Well, ok, not quite the same way as you Matt! lol
Thanks given by:
Dude just keep it. I promise that for the money you're looking at, you will not get a cheaper car to run.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Its not just the running costs, its the fact that pretty much everything is broken/bodged and never feels solid like newer cars do, even if its only false idea of solidarity. Plus, for that money I DID have a car that was much cheaper to run lol. Tongue

I dont know what to get yet, still looking. Not sure whether to give the 306 another go and get a low milage, one owner, '51 plate cheap tax HDi and hope its better. Or to completely ignore that and go for something else, A3, Mondeo, Vectra, still not sure atm. But I know I won't be keeping this one past Feb now.
Thanks given by:
My estate drives ten times better than my dturbo, I'm not going to get rid because of it though.

I'll just stick a pair of wishbone's on it and some new engine mounts, jobs jobbed.

I've got a 307 hdi if interested in that with px?
Thanks given by:
the 307 sounds like a good idea tom,

and £500 p/x at a dealers, never worth it, P/X with some one or private sell it. the hdi estates are prob the most valuble 306's nowa days

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I did type out a paragraph but then decided it was more preachy than helpfull but i will say this
Friends Mondeo had leak on rear door+tail lights , cost to to fix £199
Girl friends saxo ripped apart cambelt and bent valves , cost to fix+replace cambelt £200

If you get something newer it will cost you more, even if you save £50 on tax a year that will go when servicing needs doing so stick with what you got it's plenty good enough
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 03:22 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I did type out a paragraph but then decided it was more preachy than helpfull but i will say this
Friends Mondeo had leak on rear door+tail lights , cost to to fix £199
Girl friends saxo ripped apart cambelt and bent valves , cost to fix+replace cambelt £200

If you get something newer it will cost you more, even if you save £50 on tax a year that will go when servicing needs doing so stick with what you got it's plenty good enough

you would of thought he would of learnt this lesson with the golf eh???

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
They are quite good cars for the money, it's a 2.0 hdi aswell, so you won't have any problems with it like you would with the 1.4 and 1.6

And I'm pretty sure the gearbox is slightly different, or the map on them in comparison to a 306 hdi, it seems you can drive it around 1200rpm all day long lol does great mpg aswell.

Silver 5dr hatchback, 92k with tax and test untill July. I would want £900 my way if px'ing yours.
Thanks given by:
Nah I wont be getting a 307, or any newer peugeot, mate at college had a 307 HDi, I didn't like it at all and he had loads of issues with it being a peugeot, and definitely don't want another 2.0 HDi engine.

Funny thing is you guys can list newer cars that have had problems......but of all the newer cars I know they never bloody break (irritatingly!). Dodgy However, how many small faults were there on the Golf? After 8 owners, 136k miles and 10 years of abuse the interior was all in one peice and good condition, as was the engine, and everything else tbh. And when things broke (which were entirely my fault) they were so easy to replace, no rusty seized parts anywhere!! Yes it majorly failed towards the end with the lifters breaking, but that was my fault for buying the wrong one and modding it. I should've just bought a 150 and left it standard, cheaper to run, tax and insure than the slow old HDi. And has some build quality. Same as Dads Mondeo, Ok, so I won't be getting a V6 like Dads, but its done 150k on a Y plate, the leather interior is still perfect, dash looks modern and has useful features like miles to empty and stuff. Then theres the hyundais that my Grandads had from new for 3 years on mobility, nothing ever went wrong with them either.

No car is faultless that I own or ever will own, but with 306s its just one thing after another, broken bits everywhere, seized nuts/bolts all over the place and really not cheap to run or insure, especially given thier complete lack of power.
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/oES929aenGc
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Repped . .^^^^^^^^ . . .lmao
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 03:37 PM)puglove Wrote: you would of thought he would of learnt this lesson with the golf eh???

would have thought so Sad

In regards to tax can't you have it changed into the new tax band?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 07:00 PM)lolsteve Wrote:
(24-12-2012, 03:37 PM)puglove Wrote: you would of thought he would of learnt this lesson with the golf eh???

would have thought so Sad

In regards to tax can't you have it changed into the new tax band?

No you cant Sad

Seriously though tom, yours is broken. I test drove a HDi and they wernt slow even as standard and there is too many people on here going on about good mpg figures to be lying!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: