75% done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
75% done
So I finally got so so bored today and I decided to change my inlet manny and plumb in the FMIC. I done from the inlet to the right side of the inter cooler the problem I'm now having is fitting from the turbo the the left side of the intercooler. Has anyone got any ideas?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Sounds more like your only 70% done to me, liar.
Thanks given by:
68.5%
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2012, 04:52 PM)David Wrote: The problem I'm now having is fitting from the turbo the the left side of the intercooler. Has anyone got any ideas?
Yeah get a load of piping and silicones and make an appropriate bit of piping to go from the turbo pipe to the intercooler
Thanks given by:
The stage I'm at now

[Image: F48F5AA7-F92B-4176-839D-3A1908B4F03B-135...676A9F.jpg]
[Image: E6592AA0-1987-492C-8C56-2B8EEC5C1761-135...E626B0.jpg]

So nearly done but so cold Sad

Thanks given by:
Im confused, youve done from the inlet to the FMIC but the right side of cooler is going round the back of the block? did you mean youve done the turbo side now your wondering how to get from manifold to left side?
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There ain't enough room to go over the block from the turbo to the left side so now I'm going round the back of the engine through the right side where I have space to the left side if tht makes any sense?

Thanks given by:
Ahh i see will that black pipe spin the opposit way i have to cut a bit of chassis to get it through the left side bud just try different route obv shortest would be best shame youv had to go right round back
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have thought of that but the black pipe will be squished abit then restricting the air flow. The black pipe is only a temp one till I can get the proper angles I need to fit it from the manny to the left side mate. I fully understand what your saying about the shortest route but it will do just to get my car back on the road.

Thanks given by:
What happened to the original pipe off the turbo?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 12:01 PM)Tom Wrote: What happened to the original pipe off the turbo?

Was going to use it but as I'm using 2.5 inch piping the bonnet won't close if I go over the engine.

Thanks given by:
Routing off the turbo and behind the inlet mani and then past the battery is a much better way of having the turbo > fmic pipes tbh, means the pipes are all out of the way and not draped over the top of the engine obstructing the fuel pump/injectors etc. Doubt it's even any longer routing it like that either, if it is it would be a negligible difference.
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 12:07 PM)Dan! Wrote: Routing off the turbo and behind the inlet mani and then past the battery is a much better way of having the turbo > fmic pipes tbh, means the pipes are all out of the way and not draped over the top of the engine obstructing the fuel pump/injectors etc. Doubt it's even any longer routing it like that either, if it is it would be a negligible difference.

I'll be keeping it round the back but when I have more piping the part from the inlet manny will go to the left hand side instead of the right.

Thanks given by:
(23-12-2012, 05:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(23-12-2012, 04:52 PM)David Wrote: The problem I'm now having is fitting from the turbo the the left side of the intercooler. Has anyone got any ideas?
Yeah get a load of piping and silicones and make an appropriate bit of piping to go from the turbo pipe to the intercooler

Haha that's pretty much what I was going to say.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by: