fuel pump help asap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel pump help asap
is there an intertia or fuel cutoff of ph2 td as done bosch conversion but wont start yet fuel is gettin to pump jus not to injectors. tried 2 pumps help asap please
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
there is one on some, its on the passengers strut top. Take a live from the battery to the pump to test the solenoid
Thanks given by:
You need +12v to the solenoid valve on the pump, that's it. So just run a piece of wire there direct from battery first to test. If there is an immobiliser on the pump, smash it off to get to solenoid valve.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
did this i ran a 12v from the old lucas pump connector both a permanent feed and an ignition live but nothing then when i ran a feed directly from the battery it fired first time so not sure where the problem lies ( something to do with the loom perhaps?) iv sorted something for now but still would like to get to the bottom of it
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
On the Lucas there's a stop solenoid connected to the immobiliser unit. Took me a while to drill out the security screws to swap it over. You can bypass out with a 12v feed but the best fix is to either change it over if you've changed the pump or there are places to get it recoded if it's lost it's program for some reason.

There are 2 types that I've come across, 1 has a black control box fixed to the rear of the pump, the other has a bigger solenoid, both connect to the same wires.
Thanks given by:
ive just swapped from lucas to bosch today, i tried putting a wire to ignition live and it didnt start... then straight to the battery and it started...but i found out that when you go to start the car whilst connected to ignition live, the voltage disappears as all the power goes to the starter....

all i did was strip the ends off all the old connectors for the lucas pump, and tried each one individually, to see which one still had power while the car was being turned over, and then obviously when the ignition was off.. no power Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Cold start issue- fuel pump? Blaze Addict 3 1,813 20-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Is immobiliser coded to fuel pump? Huddo 2 1,531 07-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ruan