Windscreen Seal fallen out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreen Seal fallen out?
Hello!

On the way back from uni i hit a certain speed and there was a pop and lots of whistling. Thought i had a leaking pipe. Anyway made it to the gfs and in the morning realised that the seal had come out. put it back in and the noise went away!

Happened again. hit the speed and it popped out and made the wind whistling noise. back in and no problem! So i know that that is the cause of my popping and whistling...

but how do i put it back in? When i push it in it goes in very loosely and always falls out again a day later!

Thanks
Sam
Thanks given by:
bit of tigerseal or similar?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 08:19 PM)SRowell Wrote: Hello!

On the way back from uni i hit a certain speed and there was a pop and lots of whistling. Thought i had a leaking pipe. Anyway made it to the gfs and in the morning realised that the seal had come out. put it back in and the noise went away!

Happened again. hit the speed and it popped out and made the wind whistling noise. back in and no problem! So i know that that is the cause of my popping and whistling...

but how do i put it back in? When i push it in it goes in very loosely and always falls out again a day later!

Thanks
Sam

Mine did/does that when I reach speeds that about 80-90 mph on privet roads.

Just put a little dab of tiger seal under it and it held fine..

Tiniest amount though or it won't seal properly.

Edit: what the northerner said.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 08:28 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: bit of tigerseal or similar?

Mine was leaking too, tigerseal worked wonders
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 08:30 PM)Jake Wrote: Mine did/does that when I reach speeds that about 80-90 mph on privet roads.

Just put a little dab of tiger seal under it and it held fine..

Tiniest amount though or it won't seal properly.

Edit: what the northerner said.

yep exactly the same certain speed as I was doing D: Once a few inches pop out the whole top section comes out too. okay maybe thats what im missing then! Just some kind of sealant to stick it in! I thought it might have to put in at an angle or something! Cheers Guys! Ill give it a go in the next few days with some silicone!
Thanks given by:
Your screen is tiger sealed in, it should leak/ come out/loose ( trust me i know, it was a bastered to kick the screen out my DT not tlike the movies atall lol) so id say tiger seal aswell it wont so it no harm. its just there to tidy the look up

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windscreen replacement mackat 7 1,714 09-03-2017, 04:43 PM
Last Post: partybish
  Windscreen Orta 15 3,283 17-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Last Post: rocker8742
  Windscreen stuck in? KevinTW 9 2,496 24-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Dean