Bleed points

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleed points
Can some one tell me where the coolant bleed points are please?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
for??? brakes? fuel? coolant?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 04:44 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: for??? brakes? fuel? coolant?

Oh s**t forgot to say lol. For coolant

Thanks given by:
One on the far right of the radiator. One in a hose to the right of the fuel filter and the other is up be the heater matrix.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 04:56 PM)Tom Wrote: One on the far right of the radiator. One in a hose to the right of the fuel filter and the other is up be the heater matrix.

I've found the two on the heater matrix and next to the fuel pump but I can't find the one on the radiator.

Thanks given by:
Did mine today, using a cut open bottle really works and makes it much easier.
Thanks given by:
Cut open bottle...........

Thanks given by:
Open all three bleed point fill the rad with water and coolant mixture, until first over flow has water coming out.
Refit bleed screw.

Fit large coke or something bottle into the rad cap, cut the end off, fill with water.
The air pressure will force the water through the water ways to the next bleed point, when water flows re fit bleed screw.

Refill water bottle, air presaure will now force the water to the next bleed point, when water starts flowing refit bleed screw.

Then happy days.
Thanks given by:
I'll give that ago but dunno how well it's gunna go lol

Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 05:08 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: air pressure

Just lol.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 05:16 PM)David Wrote: I'll give that ago but dunno how well it's gunna go lol

Piece of piss mate, i done mine 3 or 4 times.. You dont have to cut the top off the bottle i just fill it up and quickly turn it round and wedge it in the rad/tank. The weight of the water gives more pressure in the system i assume so it pushes water out the bleed points easier Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Don't forget to get it revving a bit higher than idle, creates more system pressure to bleed it through....
Thanks given by:
dont rev it...may just blast the air bubbles round...steady pressure and patience.

note...not all rads had bleed screw
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The only cooling systems that dont have bleed points are ones where the header tank is the highest point in the cooling system Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
not true bud...106/206/306 all have header tanks at the highest point and all have multiple bleed points
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
In the 306 the heater matrix hoses are higher than the header tank?? Are they not?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm gunna give it ago in the morning but I'm 98% sure I have two bleed points

Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 11:11 PM)David Wrote: I'm gunna give it ago in the morning but I'm 98% sure I have two bleed points

You do, yours doesn't have one on the rad so it's just the one on the heater matrix pipe and the one next to the fuel filter housing xx
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 11:11 PM)David Wrote: I'm gunna give it ago in the morning but I'm 98% sure I have two bleed points

If you don't get it sorted ill show you how to do it tomorrow afternoon.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 11:14 PM)Dan! Wrote:

You do, yours doesn't have one on the rad so it's just the one on the heater matrix pipe and the one next to the fuel filter housing xx

Thanks dan Smile xx

(22-12-2012, 11:15 PM)Jake Wrote:

If you don't get it sorted ill show you how to do it tomorrow afternoon.

I watch dum do it for ages at ace the other night so I'm pretty happy with doing it but you know me.............

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radiator bleed screw/ tap vanished, possible better solution simonh 4 1,402 09-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: simonh
  TD won't start after replacing bleed off tubes jack_o 17 2,517 15-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Coolant Bleed Points Explained 306Puggy 23 8,706 15-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum