Snowfoam ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowfoam ??
Basically I've been told snowfoam is awsome I've never used it as I refer soapy sponge but have been talking to a guy who use to detail and he's been telling e about all the swirls that sponge cleaning can leave and on my ST they ate noticeable now that he's told me

Basically want to know what people thoughts are on snowfoam is it worth me getting a pressure washer etc does it really just lift the dirt off and does it leave a good finish if I don't want to wax and seal after using the foam ??
Thanks given by:
Yeah, snow foam is pretty cool. Lifts all the dirt of so you dont need to scrub. I thinkits awesome when i had my power washer
Thanks given by:
Seems pretty cool! And yes, i wouldnt want the circle effect in paint on my st from scrubbing!!
Thanks given by:
Does it lift dirt enough so I don't need to scrub at all ?? For e.g I snowfoam then wax after will I still get dirt on the wax applicator ?? Does It lift 100% like heavy dirt then dusty dirt ??
Thanks given by:
If you have a good wax on the car it will fetch most of the dirt off then a quick rub over with a wash mitt
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Any recommendations for a pressure washer ?
Thanks given by:
Nilfisk c110 £45-£60
Thanks given by:
Can't go wrong with a karcher... The snow foam comes from an adaptor so pressure washer isn't too important. Get one with a gaurentee!!
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads will look into this in jan :-) the pug could benefit from this too Smile
Thanks given by:
Think of snowfoam as a "Bubble", Basically it works my encapsulating the dirt and lets it roll off where as with a sponge you might think it's clean but you have always got little grains of sand etc.

If you ask me Snowfoam is the shiz!

But get the paint back to a finish like glass with a good quality polishing compound and then wax it (carnauba FTW!) and then that will help a shitload with snowfoam you'll find that you don't really need to wash it half as much and when you do all you really need to do is foam it and you've got the finish up again!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^What they said.

Snowfoam is designed to cling to the car allowing the active ingredients to break down the likes of traffic film and loosen up the dirt, it can then be hosed/pressure washed off.

It won't get the car 100% clean, but will eliminate the chance to swirl the paint. That's caused by sponge washing as grit moves with the sponge as you wipe. If you snowfoam first it removes the large grit particles that caused the swirling so all it needs is a quick wipe over after hosing down.

Contactless cleaning ftw, i've been after a pressure washer for ages but it's low on my priorities list.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've got a snow foam lance on a nilfisk washer. Works great. You do have to be careful with the mixture though. Too strong and it just clings and doesn't do the job. Too weak and it just rolls straight off and doesn't pick the dirt up. Can't remember the actual snow foam I use but I know it's about £5 for a litre and I've probably used about a quarter on 5 washes.
It's mainly used for upkeep. You clean, detail, clay and wax the car then foam it every week. If your car has 7 weeks of dirt on non protected paint, don't expect it to work wonders. If that's the case, you snow, wash with a mit, clay, wash, polish and wax then snow again and then snow every week/2 max.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: