Phase 3 interior in to phase 1?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 3 interior in to phase 1?
Well i been and bought a half leather interior from a phase 3 5 door, and i have a phase 1 5 door, From what i can see the seats will be fine just bolt in am i right?

But the door cards are compleatly different the lock bit seems to be in a different place and same with the electric window switch, Back door cards look ok (wind down windows) but its same agin with locks i think......

Can i do some thing to make them fit or is it a no go??

Thanks given by:
you'll be able to do it with some faffing about i'd have thought, not something i've done myself but i've heard of it being done . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've done this myself; did not bother with the door cards, an absoloute ball ache; You're better off getting the seats (half leather i assume) and re-fabricating the original/spare door cards with some kind of suede.

As for the seats, again, fronts are fine (mine were 3 door seats into 5 door, yeh some faffing) and for the rears, you'll have the issue of "clipping" the back rests in; slightly differnt design. Try and find a way to overcome this; i couldn't and so was left with a 3cm gap; but with passengers in and seat belts done up (as MOT spec has it) they never moved..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2012, 05:46 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I've done this myself; did not bother with the door cards, an absoloute ball ache; You're better off getting the seats (half leather i assume) and re-fabricating the original/spare door cards with some kind of suede.

As for the seats, again, fronts are fine (mine were 3 door seats into 5 door, yeh some faffing) and for the rears, you'll have the issue of "clipping" the back rests in; slightly differnt design. Try and find a way to overcome this; i couldn't and so was left with a 3cm gap; but with passengers in and seat belts done up (as MOT spec has it) they never moved..

yeah but he's on about 5 door into 5 door Ginge, not 3 door . . Rolleyes lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2012, 05:51 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(19-12-2012, 05:46 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I've done this myself; did not bother with the door cards, an absoloute ball ache; You're better off getting the seats (half leather i assume) and re-fabricating the original/spare door cards with some kind of suede.

yeah but he's on about 5 door into 5 door Ginge, not 3 door . . Rolleyes lol

/facepalm
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Any thing is posible with a bit of fabrication, all mounts are the same so you can make it work

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Do you guys no if the cable that connects to the electic window switch is the same or different between phase 1 and 3??

If that makes sense lol

Thanks given by:
(19-12-2012, 08:56 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Do you guys no if the cable that connects to the electic window switch is the same or different between phase 1 and 3??

If that makes sense lol

i think it's different mate iirc . . ..Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh dear lol well back seats are in but ive gave up for now as i got drenched and deiced to clean the front so there sat in front of fire, will look at door cards when its fine, if i get them to fit i will up date on here :-)

Thanks given by:
With the switch you could either make the old switch fit some where in the the door card or chop a reconnect the the loom plug

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Can I not just change the door looms to a phase 3 loom? Or wont that work?

Thanks given by:
New switches for the new door cards.
Scrap yard, cut off switches.
Rewiring said switches.
They do fit.
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2012, 05:51 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: New switches for the new door cards.
Scrap yard, cut off switches.
Rewiring said switches.
They do fit.

i meant the connections don't fit mate . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Door cards all fit, including the locking pins etc. make sure you get all the brackets from a ph2 or 3 car to hang the new cards on and I also think you need to drill a new hole in the front doors for one of the brackets.
Someone on .net cough cough did a guide to the swap.
Final tip is make sure you have enough wire from the new switches so you can stagger all the joins or you will have a large cluster of joined wires and the door card may not sit flush.
Thanks given by:
I was just saying he needs phase 3 switches and to wire them to fit.

I did not used the brackets so just clipped them in place with the white clips.
Thanks given by:
Well insted of choping the loom carnt I just get the phase 3 loom from scrappy and put that in or wont that work?

Any one got link to the guide? Or can copy gide on to here?

Thanks given by:
You probably can use later door looms but I wouldn't guarantee the pins matching up where they come through the door and join to the part that is usually exposed when you open the door.
Either way you may have to either choppy choppy or pull some pins out and swap them around in the door connection - until you try you won't know.
Thanks given by:
Blown fuse's r us Smile
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Damn right - though I do have about 120 spare lol
Thanks given by:
Chris.

You can have the looms out of the car and switches for a £15 if you want em'

You may aswell have the ph3 rear lights for £15 aswell Smile
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I will let you no if I need them birk, not sure if im gona swap them yet if its,a ball ache I will just leave them as there are.

Looks like easyest way would be to chop and reconect the later connector then..... Sounds a right job knowing me I will be pressing window switch and car will lock its self lol

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 1 (?) wheel into Phase 2 ? Sinbad 0 882 22-08-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Sinbad
  component speakers for a phase 2? DonGonzo 0 934 16-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  5 door phase 3 interior parts for sale Teeharv 1 2,128 15-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Teeharv