oil burner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oil burner
so i have yet another issue with mine, aside from its tendency to eat turbos, its now drinking oil, start up its fine, alot better than when i first got it, but not as good as it has been, but now its puffing out smoke everytime i put my foot down, clears normally til your going at a constant speed then puffs a little bit out, then clears for 2 seconds, then puffs a little bit more out, just comes out, looks like fogs decended on the rear screen then clears again til 2 sec later, anyway, get onto a duelly and put my foot down, when the turbo properly starts to boost, i have so much smoke gush out the back, its like watching all other car headlamps turn into candle lanterns, then clears and its fine til i stop for another roundabout -_- this is basingstoke, its clear for a while, then must build up again over time ready for another dose of fog behind me, it did clear for a few days, and stays clear if oil is kept a couple of mm above miniumum, fill her up though and smoke comes forth again, also seems to have a lot of pressure released when opening the oil filler cap, it almost pops off, any ideas, help please guys?
Thanks given by:
Is it only when you're on boost that you have the smoke? Could be the oil seals on the turbo/manifold are knackered
Thanks given by:
just swapped in a turbo for a blown one, not just when on boost though, just any time throttle is pressed
Thanks given by:
what colour smoke is it? if its blacks moke it'd be a boost leak, possible after swapping turbos...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
bluey white
Thanks given by:
ah ok, yeah itll be burning oil from somewhere... i know, captain obvious right?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I take it there was no smoke before you swapped the turbo? I had similar issues with smoke when I swapped the pump on mine which turned out to be a poorly tuned Lucas, retuned it and reduced the smoke, didn't give any of the other problems though.
Maybe try running an engine flush through it for a week or 2 then change the oil, the excessive pressure build up could be due to blockages in the system, if so it should clear it.
Thanks given by:
haha not at all, i work on push bikes, not cars, so only a moderate mechanical knowledge of the workings of a combustion engine, or a car for that matter
Thanks given by: