April Lakes Camping Meet: FIRST POST FINAL DETAILS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Lakes Camping Meet: FIRST POST FINAL DETAILS
Rainbow 
Price will be £10 PPPN, I've covered the deposit so just bring cash and pay when you arrive. Excess over £500 if any will go to the club fund unless people have any issues with this?

The dates are confirmed as Friday the 19th and Saturday the 20th April, out by midday on Sunday. I'll be there around 4.30 on the Friday afternoon. We're at Pound Farm campsite, postcode LA8 8JZ (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=la8+8jz...k&t=h&z=17)

For food, I think it'd be best for people to BYO, but there is a Morrisons reasonably close. I'll be bringing a big BBQ, possibly a big gas stove, a load of homebrew, and other random camping paraphernalia.

We have access to the whole camping area, toilet and shower block (if it's finished, which it should be, there will be a new block on the field, if not it's 50 or so metres walk to the old one). I don't think there's a charge for the showers, will have to check.

Although we have the field to ourselves, there are lodges next to it which may be occupied, and I have assured the site manager that we'll be reasonable, IE not be a bunch of chavs, causing a lot of noise at 2am, clear up after ourselves ETC.. We want the opportunity to return next year. Basically if we're as we were at FCS, that's fine.

1. THE_Liam
2. Scott/Kim
3. Connor
4. Jonny81191
5. C.Gerrard
6. Samisanass
7. MissTap
8. Ginge
9. Poodle
10. Jake
11. Milkboy
12. Andy Pandy (Dependent on funds and getting there)
13. Hitler and Amie
14. Niall
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 07:47 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Starting a new thread to keep this easy to organize, please keep the friendly banter to a minimum to save wading through 1000's of posts about Samass and Niall having bum fun Big Grin

The preliminary date will be the 20th/21st and i'm putting up a poll to check that people are okay with this.

1. THE_Liam
2. Scott/Kim
3. Connor
4. Jonny81191
5. C.Gerrard
6. Samisanass
7. MissTap
8. Ginge
9. Poodle
10. Jake
11. Milkboy
13. Hitler and Amie
14. Niall

20/21st of?
Thanks given by:
April Smile
Thanks given by:
Yay, I get paid on the 20th so should be good for me.

(13-12-2012, 07:47 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: please keep the friendly banter to a minimum to save wading through 1000's of posts about Samass and Niall having bum fun

It wont be 1000s of posts your wading through if Samass and Niall are having bum fun, well be back to that knee deep in spaff conversation from the other thread.
Thanks given by:
1. THE_Liam
2. Scott/Kim
3. Connor
4. Jonny81191
5. C.Gerrard
6. Samisanass
7. MissTap
8. Ginge
9. Poodle
10. Jake
11. Milkboy
13. Hitler and Amie
14. Niall
15. Ben

Pretty sure ill be able to go nothing else planned for April I don't think, any idea where in the lakes this'll be?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking like we're going for central lakes, I've found an epic location that is "group friendly"

Thanks given by:
1. THE_Liam
2. Scott/Kim
3. Connor
4. Jonny81191
5. C.Gerrard
6. Samisanass
7. MissTap
8. Ginge
9. Poodle
10. Jake
11. Milkboy
13. Hitler and Amie
14. Niall
15. Ben
16.SRowell

ill put my name down for now Smile
Thanks given by:
1. THE_Liam
2. Scott/Kim
3. Connor
4. Jonny81191
5. C.Gerrard
6. Samisanass
7. MissTap
8. Ginge
9. Poodle
10. Jake
11. Milkboy
13. Hitler and Amie
14. Niall
15. Ben
16. SRowell
17. Ben Jay
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
The location (TBC) will be the National trust campsite opposite the Old Dungeon Ghyll pub in Great Langdale.

It's the best location I could find that will accept groups, and it is low car friendly access. Well, I can get there..

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Great+L...ngdom&z=15

Thanks given by:
Not picking holes in your plan or anything (well actually I am) It looks like an awesome location (especially being right next to a pub and cows for tipping) but its right near a river and barely any higher than it and in april in the lake district is that gonna be a good idea. Could end up sleeping in a puddle

just a thought
Thanks given by:
Fair point, I'll also look into some other ones.

Actually just been recommended this one: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Low+Wra...ngdom&z=16

Looks like a better option, albeit in a slightly less epic location and further to the pub.

But I'll be bringing homebrew in epic quantities, so we may not need the pub!

Thanks given by:
Better bring the stuff this time liam lol

And i think as per what DumDum said, I'll give the other place near wray castle a ring and see if they'll have us.. Don't wanna be flooded out, FCS was wet enough!

Thanks given by:
1. THE_Liam
2. SKim
3. Connor
4. Jonny81191
5. C.Gerrard
6. Samisanass
7. MissTap
8. Ginge
9. Poodle
10. Jake
11. Milkboy
13. Hitler and Amie
14. Niall
15. Ben
16. SRowell
17. Ben Jay
18. Ash240970
19. Spike2002
20. D@wson [Dturd] & Leo [205]
21. Mattcheese31
22. Rocker8742 (Depends on funds)
23. Dum-Dum
24. Your Mum
Thanks given by:
1. THE_Liam
2. SKim
3. Connor
4. Jonny81191
5. C.Gerrard
6. Samisanass
7. MissTap
8. Ginge
9. Poodle
10. Jake
11. Milkboy
13. Hitler and Amie
14. Niall
15. Ben
16. SRowell
17. Ben Jay
18. Ash240970
19. Spike2002
20. D@wson [Dturd] & Leo [205]
21. Mattcheese31
22. Rocker8742 (Depends on funds)
23. Dum-Dum
24. Your Mum
25. CJ!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be rude not too Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorting the campsite for this now, Anyone else get your name down!!

Thanks given by:
Right, I need people to confirm ASAP, so I can let the sit know final numbers, They also will want payment up front BEFOREHAND, so unfortunately you're gonna have to paypal me and then I can book.

Also need to know if people want to stay Friday night, or if it'll just be on Saturday.

I know it's a pain, but it's the only campsite I can find happy to accept groups without imposing strict (boring) terms lol

Thanks given by:
Confirmed:

1. Samass both nights
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Right guys and girls.

I've managed to get us a whole campsite for the weekend, the owner has offered it for £500. If we get 25 people that works out at £20 each.

I've said I'll get back to him in a week or so, so let's see how many people we can get together

Alternatively I can see about the national trust one if we're struggling to make numbers up.

Thanks given by:
Even with 25 people (dont know/doubt we would get) this a little on the expensive side
Thought the north was supposed to be cheap?

Still gonna put my name down though
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind a lot of sites won't accept us, some have car parks that are basically playgrounds, and I reckon the cheapest we'd see would be about £8 a night, so to have a whole site for £10 a night (numbers depending) works out pretty good IMO..

Like I said, If we have less people wanting to go, I'll look into alternative options.

Thanks given by:
Experience says we would only see 50-75% of people who put their name down
I'd like to say higher on this forum just due to the people

Suppose its not such a bad price but I'm guessing people would have to pay before hand non refundable
Thanks given by:
I know, which is why I'm trying to get as many as possible. Everyone hassle people to go!

And the payment would be beforehand, but I'll say only once people have confirmed. I'd like to think I'm giving enough notice lol

Thanks given by:
It's a shame that we need to pay the amount in full, is there no way they'll accept a 50% deposit now and 50% on arrival?
Thanks given by:
I'd better make this all clear before it gets confusing:

I'm looking at two campsites, one is a National Trust site at Low Wray:
http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays.../low-wray/

They want final numbers ASAP and haven't quoted a price yet, but want payment before arrival, and want to do all dealings and transactions through one club representative (me)

The other one I actually went to visit today:
http://www.poundfarmleisurepark.co.uk/

It's a smallish site, with wooden lodges and a field with parking in the middle that they use for camping. They said that if there's more than about 18 people, they would close off the camping to everyone but us, giving us as much space as we want. Fixed price of £500 for the Friday and Saturday nights, out by midday on Sunday. So 25 people would be £10 a night.

I'm happy to keep looking around if people aren't happy but we need to get moving IMO, and I really need confirmed numbers as that's the first question asked. Also ideally how many cars we'll have between us, and if people intend to stay on Friday night..

Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 07:54 PM)Scott Wrote: It's a shame that we need to pay the amount in full, is there no way they'll accept a 50% deposit now and 50% on arrival?

That would mean that for those that do turn up they wouldn't know how much they have to pay
And if the worst were to happen and maybe like 5 people turn up they better have deep pockets
Thanks given by:
Payment in advance is difficult, because you generally want to wait until a little closer to the time to see things like weather/finances etc.

But not paying beforehand when there's an agreed payment price does screw over everyone else if a few don't turn up.

My worry is that it'll be like last year's April camping meet. We were missing at least 5 people who said they'd come...
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Ill be a definite for £20 and happy to pay upfront once all is sorted
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If I book it off I should be able to pay upfront too
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I've already got that weekend off work so I'm a definite and can pay up front, that's 2 people because I'm bringing my lass.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Can we put names on a list? Sorry to be a pain but it'll help keep track..

It is the 19th-21st.

Confirmed:

1. Samass - both nights
2. Poodle - both nights

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pugrun 2015 ~ 26th April, New Forest ~ TOMORROW!! Details in first post Poodle 124 38,471 27-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 6,978 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  April Club Meet 2015 MY95 17 4,658 27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam