GTI 6 ecu problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTI 6 ecu problems
Hi having problems with my ecu, fitted a new engine and started 4 times great then stopped had no spark or injectors so i assumed the ecu had locked,
so bought a unlocked ecu and great started first time did the same again but after 6 starts so im suspecting the loom is shorting the ecu? can anyone help me?

cheers aled
Thanks given by:
with the ecu that youve just fitted, take the battery off, leave it 20-30 minutes and put it back on then see if it will start. let me know the answer
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
already tired still the same

ive changed the crank sensor and cleaned the earths and changed the fuel relay :/
Thanks given by:
hmmm ok. was it running slightly rough or missing before it packed in?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
nope was running great, this is why i stick to my good old XUD's!! haha
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 07:44 PM)pug306dts6 Wrote: nope was running great, this is why i stick to my good old XUD's!! haha

tbh normally the gti ecu is very reliable. Does sound like something is damaging the ecu. Id check round the bay for any obvious trapped or damaged wires.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
yeah there is a crack on the hard plastic by the ECU plug, is it the same loom as an XSI? got plenty of them
Thanks given by:
nope unfortunately not. needs a gti loom unfortunately.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I have a loom and ecu set and plenty of other parts if you need anything let me know Wink

Thanks given by:
damm, ive got 10 306's for breaking and nothing gti6 left.

(13-12-2012, 09:00 PM)spike2002 Wrote: I have a loom and ecu set and plenty of other parts if you need anything let me know Wink

how much you asking? is it unlocked?
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 10:42 PM)pug306dts6 Wrote: damm, ive got 10 306's for breaking and nothing gti6 left.

(13-12-2012, 09:00 PM)spike2002 Wrote: I have a loom and ecu set and plenty of other parts if you need anything let me know Wink

The ecu isnt unlocked but i have all the parts ecu, chip from key, ring around ignition and the black box from the centre console of the dash £35 posted Smile

Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 10:54 PM)spike2002 Wrote:
(13-12-2012, 10:42 PM)pug306dts6 Wrote: damm, ive got 10 306's for breaking and nothing gti6 left.

The ecu isnt unlocked but i have all the parts ecu, chip from key, ring around ignition and the black box from the centre console of the dash £35 posted Smile

Yeah ok, how do you want you money paypal?
Thanks given by:
Yes mate paypal is fine get 10 posts and drop me a pm and we will sort it out Smile

Thanks given by:
The ECU will lock if you have the security in place still, the amount of times varies
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2012, 12:12 AM)miles Wrote: The ECU will lock if you have the security in place still, the amount of times varies

cheers! im really puzzled ive looked at the loom and i cant find anything wrong, the security was still pluged in with the unlocked ecu,
Thanks given by:
If the security was still in place most likely locked the ecu out Sad

Thanks given by:
ok ill try another ecu hope it dosent blow another! Sad

would you sell just the ecu? ive gone through my loom and it looks fine
Thanks given by:
Yes mate that's what the price was for before the ecu and all bits so it will work in your car black box exc Smile

Its all matching so should be plug and play Smile

Thanks given by:
ok cheers ill get posting haha
Thanks given by:
might sound thick? but why are you suposed to change the steering rack to fit a gti6? mines fitted fine and ive fitted gti6 racks to dturbos?
Thanks given by:
The gti6 doesn't have as good a turning circle due to the 6speed box. If you don't fit a 6 speed box you will be ok but if you do and don't use the rack you may get rubbing Wink

On full lock

Thanks given by:
Can't beat a good bit of rubbing Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks given by:
oh right i knew that i thought there was some other reason haha, they rub anyway? haha

could do with a rack for my 205 with weller 10j's on it that rubs real bad! ive had to weld a ware plate on the end of the box
Thanks given by:
That's why then, the Security must be unplugged as the different ECU confuses it and it will lock again, if you have the old car you can still unlock the old ECU But I doubt it's around anymore, Or get the security box with the ECU and off you go
Thanks given by:
cheers i just didnt think, should be getting one soon
Thanks given by:
Payment received mate will get it in the post for you Smile

Thanks given by:
spot on how much was postage in the end?
Thanks given by:
Hi, I need an ECU for XU7JP 1.8 xt, 8v, Magneti Marelli IAW 8p.1a. Better still if the whole kit is for sale.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Hit it with a hammer Tongue
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2013, 08:44 PM)sam Wrote: Hit it with a hammer Tongue

I might! Confused Is it true that a IAW 8p 1a can be replaced by a IAW 8p 10, provided that the decoding is done and the memory chip is ported over from the nonresponsive ECU?

Thanks!
Thanks given by: