ffs!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ffs!
So my mate is in Afghan and I've been looking after his 05 megane. Been starting it, driving round base etc etc.

He is coming back today and today's the day the car fucks up!

I jumped in and went about de icing the windows. Used his vehicle pass to scrap the ice of and then worked all the electric windows, they all went down and cleared the rest of the ice but only 3 of them came back up!

The rear d/s passenger window will go about half way up and then retreats back down again. So I googled the problem and its a naquered window regulator. I've rung the as to come out and get the window up to secure the car. Apparently Renault know about the fault and will pay 75% of the cost for a new regulator. I told the as I'd meat him outside the gate so we don't have to mess round with passes etc...

Now a week ago i put a tenners worth of petrol in the car from "elite service station" just outside camp...

Whilst I was on the phone to the aa I noticed that the car was juddery at idle, wasn't sure if it was just a megane thing so ignored it. Drove 3 mins down the road to outside the gate and the car was really juddery, felt underpowered and like it was missing and then the engine management light cane on.

Hopefully the as can fix it butnif not what am I gonna tell me mate! He's back at 1600 and wants to get straight home! Sad

Fml
Thanks given by:
Juddering might be one if the ignition coils have gone. Easy way to check is unplug them one by one. If the car cuts out then that ones ok, if it doesn't then obviously it's no good!
Thanks given by:
1. None of the issues could of been coused by you. Therefore not your fault

2. Dont offer to look after some one eles expencive car next time.

3. Its a french heap of shit what do you expect lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
stupid question..... but have you DEFS put the right fuel in it?

And Shame on you; you own a peugeot, which means by definition you DONT use the windows at all when it's frosted!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 01:19 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: stupid question..... but have you DEFS put the right fuel in it?

And Shame on you; you own a peugeot, which means by definition you DONT use the windows at all when it's frosted!! or below 10c

EFA

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 01:19 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: stupid question..... but have you DEFS put the right fuel in it?

Sounds vaguely familiar to something that I may have done (but won't admit) years ago.

The wrong fuel will definitely effect the rear driver's side window! Fact, I read it somewhere or some fella down the pub told me!whistle

Welcome your buddy home from me (Serving WO2 (RN))
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:

And Shame on you; you own a peugeot, which means by definition you DONT use the windows at all when it's frosted!!

Yeah. You can only put petrol in. Got a big green sticker On the inside of the cap.

Think it might be damp in the coil or something similar. Will let the as man fix it! All my tools are in the boot of my car at Kris bs!
Thanks given by: