Apprentices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apprentices
(12-12-2012, 04:18 PM)Niall Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 04:10 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 03:59 PM)Niall Wrote: The gouvernment are really putting alot of money into aprenticeships at the moment to try and combat the few uni students who spend thousands on a particular course and never get into that line of work because they cant or because they never actually did any experience in the job so didnt really know what it was all about.

....Or to justify their governmental overpaid jobs by showing a decrease in """unemployment""" rates

Also, note that a lot of employers who recruit in management roles desire a degree in 'any discipline'. Not just a specific field of work.
I feel this is going to go back to the debate we had a while back about the relevance and use of university education.

Popcorn

Or prehaps they are doing it to get a lot of young school leavers off of benefits seeing as they are the highest rate of unemployed people in this country. Dont forget, not everyone is academic enough to be able to get into uni or not everyone can afford it so i think these apprenticeships are a good way of making extra education available to the masses as well as getting people into work.

And i do agree with the fact that some companies do require you to have a uni education to become management however a lot of people now are led to believe that they have to go to uni as soon as they leave school which personally i think is a bad move. If you decide that you want to do a job when your in school, how do you know what that job is REALLY like until you do something in that field or similar. This is why i think apprenticeships are good for younger people (less than 25).

Completely agree with this, but at fault i feel is the schools themselves. at the end of the day, schools are buisnesses, the more students they get into 'further' education, the better the reflection it has on that establishment. it's really a shame that children/teenagers are uneducated about other possibilities.

But yeh, certain companies do not recruit managers from universities, as you do need an understanding of the business; other managerial roles are simply logisitics and staffing management.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 04:23 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Completely agree with this, but at fault i feel is the schools themselves. at the end of the day, schools are buisnesses, the more students they get into 'further' education, the better the reflection it has on that establishment. it's really a shame that children/teenagers are uneducated about other possibilities.

Exactly my school tried doing the same with me and i was the only one in my class that said no when our teacher said whos going to sixth form and uni. When she asked me why and i explained my reasons (as above), she turned round to me and told me im going to get no where in life.
Now me being me, swifly told her that at least i wouldnt become a useless waste of space teacher with no respect for others wishes and quickly got kicked out of school that day.
Funny though how 5 years on, im earning more than your average teacher and have better prospects in my life!

But my point is, if thats the sort of bullying most pupils get from their teachers, i can see why most people feel pressured into going to uni or you wont get any where in life. Joke if you ask me!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 04:27 PM)Niall Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 04:23 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Completely agree with this, but at fault i feel is the schools themselves. at the end of the day, schools are buisnesses, the more students they get into 'further' education, the better the reflection it has on that establishment. it's really a shame that children/teenagers are uneducated about other possibilities.

Exactly my school tried doing the same with me and i was the only one in my class that said no when our teacher said whos going to sixth form and uni. When she asked me why and i explained my reasons (as above), she turned round to me and told me im going to get no where in life.
Now me being me, swifly told her that at least i wouldnt become a useless waste of space teacher with no respect for others wishes and quickly got kicked out of school that day.
Funny though how 5 years on, im earning more than your average teacher and have better prospects in my life!

But my point is, if thats the sort of bullying most pupils get from their teachers, i can see why most people feel pressured into going to uni or you wont get any where in life. Joke if you ask me!

Hmm we agree on something, this can't be right...

ah well, your car is slow for a GTI.
Kthanksbye.

Popcorn
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 04:59 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 04:27 PM)Niall Wrote:

Kthanksbye.

Popcorn

Yeah but at least i own a gti and dont have to ask to drive the girfriends broken ph2.

btw this just reminds me of american pie. "f*cking hate not hating you shit break"
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 05:03 PM)Niall Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 04:59 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 04:27 PM)Niall Wrote: Exactly my school tried doing the same with me and i was the only one in my class that said no when our teacher said whos going to sixth form and uni. When she asked me why and i explained my reasons (as above), she turned round to me and told me im going to get no where in life.

Kthanksbye.

Popcorn

Yeah but at least i own a gti and dont have to ask to drive the girfriends broken ph2.

btw this just reminds me of american pie. "f*cking hate not hating you shit break"

Lol i do pay towards it as does she on the DERV Wink
Oh and i get 60mpg.

too true lol

anyway, back to the OP point, phone a college and get information!
Thanks given by:
It's not broken??
It's vey fast for a broken gti. Yours must be f*cked, Niall!
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 05:55 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: It's not broken??
It's vey fast for a broken gti. Yours must be f*cked, Niall!

its ph2 therefore its been broken since it was made. well actually its a peugeot so there all broken!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I think we need to ban the bloody popcorn smiley. Or ginge.
Thanks given by:
I wont be able to phone a college till im there so thought id ask on here first Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 06:43 PM)Curt Wrote: I think we need to ban the bloody popcorn smiley. Or ginge.

what for exactly.... academically procrastinating a thread rather than hijacking with nonsense?

Popcorn
Thanks given by:
For over use of the popcorn smiley... I thought I made that clear Wink
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 06:49 PM)Curt Wrote: For over use of the popcorn smiley... I thought I made that clear Wink

tis my thing... samass molests children, i popcorn smiley.
harmless.

Popcorn
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 06:43 PM)Curt Wrote: I think we need to ban the bloody popcorn smiley. Or ginge.

I would say give him a warning but he will only be jealous of the 99% club!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:01 PM)Niall Wrote:

1% more reported; come on, you must hit 100% by now Dodgy

TBH i was on 25% when DumDum warned me for buying a 5 door car lol
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:05 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 07:01 PM)Niall Wrote:

i have been trying but none of these lady gardens will do it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:06 PM)Niall Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 07:05 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 07:01 PM)Niall Wrote: I would say give him a warning but he will only be jealous of the 99% club!

i have been trying but none of these lady gardens will do it!

instead you have the most REP on the fourm. Dafuq.. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
If anyones interested im looking at flights now, 45 euro one way lol
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:11 PM)ginge191 Wrote: instead you have the most REP on the fourm. Dafuq.. Dodgy

thats because everyone just loves me!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:05 PM)ginge191 Wrote: TBH i was on 25% when DumDum warned me for buying a 5 door car lol
I forgot that expired. I'll reinstate it now.
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:20 PM)Scott Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 07:05 PM)ginge191 Wrote: TBH i was on 25% when DumDum warned me for buying a 5 door car lol

you might be ginger but im glad to see you have your priorities right in some places!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:20 PM)Scott Wrote:

Absoloute lady garden

Warning Level: 50%
Thanks given by:
Did you see the reason?

Thanks given by:
tbh i thought mine was pretty good.....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:31 PM)Scott Wrote: Did you see the reason?

lmao

I didn't even read it! Touché..
Thanks given by:
lol Another 49 for the popcorn then
Thanks given by:
I'm hoping to do an apprenticeship in ict network and systems administration management when I get home.

Anyone do one in ICT?
Thanks given by:
I've applied for several but they won't take me because I have achieved an HND in ICT. So now I have a shiny certificate but no experience and no chance of getting a job in it. Not that I liked it that much anyway. I think Ruan does ICT, but he is actually good at it and does programming etc which bores the tits off me TBH so the only role that would really suit me is a support technician role but I can't even get one of those!
Thanks given by: