hid kits.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hid kits.
Yes it's the arc which makes it different.. having H7R bulbs instead of boggo standard H7's means that the top and sides of the arc is covered preventing glare and scatter and leaving the OEM beam pattern, I've had plenty of people i know driving towards me or with me behind them and all of them have said that i don't have any glare
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i believe you cant see if youe blinding anyone, its the brightness ASWELL as the height, just because it looks like your headlights beam onto the boot of the car infront, doesnt relate to them being 'low' enough not to blind anyone...

refer to marks post.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Yes it's the arc which makes it different.. having H7R bulbs instead of boggo standard H7's means that the top and sides of the arc is covered preventing glare and scatter and leaving the OEM beam pattern, I've had plenty of people i know driving towards me or with me behind them and all of them have said that i don't have any glare

As I said in the other thread, I know that the H7R bulbs are better but it still doesn't change the above! Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Mehh.. it just gets on my tits when ever theres a HID thread people always winge about being blinded etc.. Personally mine are not blinding, it's been confirmed by plenty of people. I've been blinded by cars with normal halogens, factory fitted HID's and retrofitted HID's it's specific to the car! And then you get the bellends who drive with full beam on 24/7 with fog lights!

/rant
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hids ftw
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hids ftw... i fitted mine last week... its like a 20 minute job but i spent a while getting it set up perfect! nobody has flashed me and I have driven past and been sitting at the lights with police cars all the time in liverpool and they didnt bat an eye lid. Ive got them aimed all the way down and if anyone told me they were blinding or flashed me then id take them off but its all good atm Smile

£54 delivered using 20% discount from the GTI6 OC Smile
Thanks given by:
spawn Wrote:Do it!!!!

There are a lot of things that we do to our vehicles which could be classified as illegal. For instance, led side lights or number plate lights, removal off air bags, lense tinting, decats, wheels wider than wheel arches etc.
very true my friend.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
tell ya what people, im going to get them. i wont be happy till i do. so thanks for all tour advice but im still non the bloody wiser. hids it is.
i will wait till i got my mot and then stick em on. if i get done for it then its my fault. and i will be getting the 100w for my spot lights. im pissed off with going to work and not seeing shite.
Thanks given by:
If you go down the 100w bulb route, you might need bigger wiring to take the extra current draw. Not difficult to do though!

I'm sticking with mark and ginge on this. HIDs are shite, and the sooner they stop using them on all cars, the better!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
now i dont want to fit them. oh god, what shall i do. thinking going down the safe rought now.
as for the spot lights, what wattage bulb can you fit that doesnt entail changing the wires?
Thanks given by:
What's in there at the moment. As soon as you start upping wattage, current draw will go up requiring bigger wiring. It's easy to change though seeing as the relay for them is in the engine bay.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
will av a look at that then mate at a later date.
Thanks given by:
i just got a set of H1 HID's through the post Smile

now just have to work out how they wire up and mount them Smile
Thanks given by:
100w fogs seem fine on standard wiring, no issues so far with mine, and I have used them lots as they're on my main beam switch.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
If you get hids, get the 4k ones, they are as near to oem style as you can get.
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
spawn Wrote:If you get hids, get the 4k ones, they are as near to oem style as you can get.
god knows what im doing yet, 50/50.
Thanks given by:
What are ph1's? H7 also? Or...?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
springs above said H1 for his P1 cabby so i presume H1!
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:springs above said H1 for his P1 cabby so i presume H1!

ive got diff lights
Thanks given by:
ignore my previous comment then :/
Thanks given by:
think im gonna go with the bulb up grade i think, see what their like.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between these clutch kits? Ben 12 5,892 13-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Ben