Bosch glowies..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch glowies..
Need some for my xud dt, anyone reccomend anywhere?

Also, are they a MUST with bosch pump? I can source some but their not bosch Sad

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Moved to XUD section...
Thanks given by:
Bosch are best
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 08:34 PM)RePT Wrote: Need some for my xud dt, anyone reccomend anywhere?

Also, are they a MUST with bosch pump? I can source some but their not bosch Sad

Thanks
Not really, you don't need Bosch plugs

I found NGK heater plugs where better than Bosch just didn't last as long
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Sorry scott!

Bosxh ones are expensive. I was ubser the impression that their a MUST.

Thanks for that!
Thanks given by:
Beru are what i have put in mine and i think you will find that they are OE . . . . about a year old now and she starts straight away even on veg in this weather . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Il second the beru ones been in the 2.1 for at least 3 years and all grand
Thanks given by:
4 year old NGK plugs and it still only needs about 3-5 seconds of the light. bosch last but NGK start far faster
Thanks given by:
I've only ever used ngk and have had no problems with them. I think you can get all four for 20-30 quid as well which is reasonable. You can use any kind of glow plugs they don't have to be Bosch. Maybe your thinking of injectors? Bosch injectors are pretty much a must with a Bosch pump.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Any of the small core ones light up 3 times faster,but die 3 times quicker....id personally rather wait the extra 2 seconds and have a set of plugs that last the ownership of the car Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
^^^^ amen
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Use Beru on 3 cars now, lasting well on veg / bio
Thanks given by:
Ive never broken anything Bosch so my car got Bosch Duraterms.

Surprisingly theyer cheapest from Halfords if you have a trade card. £25 for the set of 4 on trade.(£12.50 for a pack of 2) I genuinely couldn't find them anywhere cheaper even with various discounts at other places.
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 05:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ive never broken anything Bosch so my car got Bosch Duraterms.

VE governor cradles are made by Bosch, FYI.
Thanks given by:
Had some NGK glowies fitted. Car starts so perfect Big Grin. It does half a tickover and yay Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 06:24 PM)Dan! Wrote:
(13-12-2012, 05:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ive never broken anything Bosch so my car got Bosch Duraterms.

VE governor cradles are made by Bosch, FYI.

LOLZ!!!!!

Amen!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: