Glow plugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glow plugs
How long after the engine has turned over do they stay on for
Thanks given by:
They dont, once the light goes out, theyre off. Or atleast should be off
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What connor said! :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thought there was a 30 second delay, might be wrong.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
If cold, normally 10 seconds after the light goes out, they continue to stay on. - For DT, not sure about HDI's, believe there different.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
if you listen carefully you can hear the glowplug relay click ....thats them off! i think its about 20 seconds and thats if the engine is on or not.
Thanks given by:
listen for a click from around the battery area after the ignition is turned on, thats when they are actually turned off. all the light is there for is to tell you when they are warmed up enough assuming the plugs are good
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks but they only switch off when the car wants to has any one got a wiring diagram for the green plug that goes into the relay box I think it's 5 or 6 wires
Thanks given by:
Depends on temp on the XUD...

The controller turns them on with ignition, and the light goes out dependant on plug resistance and a delay based on water temp (one of the water temp sensors is dedicated to the glow plug system), then once its running they stay on for 10-20 seconds, and then continue to pulse on and off in short periods until the water temp comes above a set temp, thats why if you have a shitty aux belt it starts and stops for the first 10 mins driving, as the plugs come on and off Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
as above they stay on after the engine has started for a set amount depending on temperature and the coolant heater is also engine speed dependent on the HDI
thats why people see the lights dimming on the hdi while they drive it
Thanks given by:
My Ph1 XLdt they stay on for up to 3 minutes when cold. They don't pulse. As a result short journeys ra*e your battery and drain it when you have the fan and demist on while you're defrosting the windows! Just be sure to have a decent 15 minute journey to charge it up again if you're de-icing like that, or, don't use the rear demist till you're driving.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  glow plugs happypug 0 727 22-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Last Post: happypug