got some things that dont work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got some things that dont work
So got a 1996 xt auto 1.8 and a fiew things dont work.

Starting with the indicators... thay dont work. The hazzards do but the stalk dont so im gunna replace it.

The electric mirrors dont work and have yet to have a look. Just wondering what usualy goes wrong with them?

The speedo has started to play up. It only works when it feels like it. I think its a sensor as it dances around some times rather than just dying strait away. So wondering wher to start with it tbh.

And last but not least my centiral locking dont work. Iv got no idea wher to start with that so help would be appreceatd

Thanks Bingham
Thanks given by:
The mirrors and CL are more than likely a broken cable in the door loom that connects to the drivers door. Pull back the rubber (giggidy) and have a look for broken wires
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 04:28 PM)Niall Wrote: The mirrors and CL are more than likely a broken cable in the door loom that connects to the drivers door. Pull back the rubber (giggidy) and have a look for broken wires
Every 306 i've had has had this problem, mainly the black wire in the drivers door
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
How do you get the door loom protector whatsamagiggi off
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
a quick pic of my dash. it lights up when i turn the side lights on but the only actual light is the handbrake. iv got no others. sometimes it tells me that the high beam is on but only when it feels like it :dodgy:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
wait so the only light to come on when you turn your side lights on is your handbrake light?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a definite earth fault with your clocks! Unless some 'tard has fitted bloody cheap LEDs in the others. Take the clocks out and have a look.

And also the door loom is the likely culprit for the CL and windows as above.
Thanks given by:
Will be the weekend before i get a chance to have a look

Hopefully it will be simple lol
Thanks given by:
By the go faster pedal theres an earth, make sure you clean that up, Deffo sounding like earth related issue Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ecu and things needed to work Welshy_Pete 8 2,943 11-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete