Insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance
The thieving robbing bastards.

Currently got multicar with admiral insuring the DT and Rallye was paying 1201 for the Rallye and 837 for DT.

22. Male. 4 years no claims. "clean" licence.

Phone them today to change the address from my dads place to my new place.

"sir you premiums have gone up a little but due to change of address"
" okay that shouldn't be a problem"
" an extra £800 for both cars"
" your shitting me right"

Wtaf!!!! Could probably insure both cheat individually with brent or flux.

Going to be phoning around on Thursday I think
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Guess you're not moving out afterall?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Fucks sake, did you move to Iraq or something?!

It's ridiculous what insurance companies can charge for changes of details these days, I know risk changes but not so much it adds that much to a premium. They have you by the balls though, if you move house you aren't going to cancel the move because of an insurance company, there's more important things in life, so they think they can hike premiums up like that.

To make it worse if you cancel your premium and you pay monthly it makes it 10x harder to get another insurer. I had issues after the GTI after cancelling it a couple of times due to plans changing, all of a sudden I found it hard to get a monthly price for the estate. Had to settle for the Co-Op as they were the most competitive, couldn't afford it in one lump. Have saved up for renewal time though and i'll just go with the cheapest in one lump sum...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was thinking of "not moving out" but my dads moving anyway ffs
Thanks given by:
Its crazy.

My parents live in coventry, i go to coventry uni.

Got accomodation up in york, dont get on living at home.

Guess what? Insurance is cheap too!

I drive there and back everyday, it works out cheaper!!
Thanks given by:
my old man with max NCB clean licence, 30yrs driving... 106 diesel...living in centre of bristol...

paid 240ish for a year....

moved to Minehead...it tripled!!!

My wife and I moved 3mth ago to cotswolds...mine went down 5 a month...my wifes went up 80 a month!!!

we took the fee for cancelin and got it somewhere else.

sods
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Try Brent man, they'll mirror your NCD on the DT. That's what they've done for me on the '6 and '5. Then take that back to Admiral and say you'll leave then, hopefully they'll try harder to keep your custom
Thanks given by:
Gunna have to call them up either tomorrow eve or Thursday.
Just can't believe it was an extra £800 just ridiculous!
Thanks given by:
insurance companies are on acid, i have lost count how many times my pal has had a go at them for bumping up prices on renewal!
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 02:10 PM)Curt Wrote: Try Brent man, they'll mirror your NCD on the DT. That's what they've done for me on the '6 and '5. Then take that back to Admiral and say you'll leave then, hopefully they'll try harder to keep your custom

I tried Brentacre, they could barely match my Endsleigh quote but wanted a huge deposit up front so no no to them! I also tried them again once my insurance got cancelled and they said because I had a cancellation they couldn't insure me! What a load of bullocks! f*cking pigs!
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 03:33 PM)306Puggy Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 02:10 PM)Curt Wrote: Try Brent man, they'll mirror your NCD on the DT. That's what they've done for me on the '6 and '5. Then take that back to Admiral and say you'll leave then, hopefully they'll try harder to keep your custom

I tried Brentacre, they could barely match my Endsleigh quote but wanted a huge deposit up front so no no to them! I also tried them again once my insurance got cancelled and they said because I had a cancellation they couldn't insure me! What a load of bullocks! f*cking pigs!

Well all insurance companies will suit different people better
For me brentacre have been excellent
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd recommend Brentacre as well, been with them 3 years now, no-one can ever beat my renewal quote and the service is frankly excellent, never had a single problem and currently paying £505 for the DT Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: