New toy!!! *PICTURE HEAVY*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New toy!!! *PICTURE HEAVY*
So last night the shit hit the fan between me and *HER* (Nyomi) which led to me getting quite f*cked off with her and then I made the mistake of telling Soapy what she has been doing etc...cue Sophie (Soapy Sophie!) conveniently flying off the handle at Nyomi and Nyomi subsequently stopping talking to me completely (Ohhhh well!)

Get a message from Soapy about 11pm last night "Ruskull...Would you like to live on a boat?"..."I dunno really I've never really given it a thought, why?" everything goes quiet for 5 minutes or so and then I get a barrage of messages with pictures.

"Well, we've got a project...I've just bought us a boat, but it needs loads of work to put it back together!"

So Soapy has gone out, purchased a boat, that I am already in love with to return it to seaworthy/floating state...And here's the clincher. Once it's been returned to a floating state and has engine we shall be living aboard it as she wants to go travelling with me, I've known for a couple of months that she wants me to go travelling with her and we have talked about going travelling and possibly doing some voluntary work overseas etc...But this is the first step!

So here she is in all her glory the "S.S. Lucy"...Take delivery of it at some point this weekend and then the work starts!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Epic. Needs a lot of work but would love a project like that.

now, go f*ck sophie!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 08:20 PM)Niall Wrote: now, go f*ck sophie!

Chill dude...this will all come in time!

Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 08:22 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 08:20 PM)Niall Wrote: now, go f*ck sophie!

Chill dude...this will all come in time!

pics or it didnt happen....when it happens!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Looks like alot of work but good on you man!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 08:23 PM)Niall Wrote: pics or it didnt happen....when it happens!

Now why would I do that! (I already have mental images from her states of undress when drunk so I don't need them!)

But on a more serious note I actually can't wait and neither can Sophie...although I already hate the colour scheme she wants, the hull will remain white but she wants the top Cadbury's Purple...I could be persuaded though as purple is an epic colour!

Thanks given by:
needs -30mm drop and 'clones
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
What the hell man?

Your life is f*cking mental.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd have kittens sailing that little thing round anything further than a mile off shore!
Though props to you, looks like a hell of a project - and something a bit different!
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 08:51 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: What the hell man?

Your life is f*cking mental.

Duuuuuude...Ya think?

My main circle of friends (myself included!) are all a bit eccentric at times, but this is one of our serious projects!

Thanks given by:
bloody hell. you paid for that?

an engine will cost you a few hundred. The engine drive will cost you a few hundred. the engine controls will be a few hundred. replacing the floor will cost you a few hundred. fbireglass and resin will cost you hundreds. Youd need a few grand to fix that! There is no way you will find replacement windows so youll have to get them custom made!

any value of that will be in the trailer which seems to be completely the wrong size for the boat! Seriously get it the entire thing checked out! Its bound to be rotten if there is any wood! I spent £470 on my speedboat and £1000 on replacing the floor and fixing it and bear in mind that its only 15 foot! To fix that id say you were looking at 5k+ and even then it wont be great D: Sorry to put a downer on that but i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. Both literally and metaphorically!

this is what mine looked like... once i had removed all the rotten wood. seriously if there are any soft patches or dark/black wood then it definitely needs replacing and probably a few feet around it too!

[Image: IMG_20120418_185112.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120418_190256.jpg]

then youve got a shit load of fibreglassing to do!

[Image: IMG_20120722_123710.jpg]

once you get to this stage then its just the beginning of putting things in!

[Image: IMG_20120722_124332.jpg]

and then there is carpeting and leather which is expensive too D:

and then youve got inevitable engine problems!

[Image: 555523_4312239085337_949622128_n.jpg]

and after all that it will hopefully be worth it Smile

[Image: 309492_10151120027310450_1248822922_n.jpg]
[Image: 549034_10151120027215450_669410970_n.jpg]

so yeh that cost me about £1500 to buy and fix which is a bargain. Took me a summer to do which was mostly stripping the rotten stuff out and drying it all out! And fuel... i get through £150 in a weekend. In a yacht which is pushing the same amount of water as this will be then a 30 mile trip will probably cost £100+
Thanks given by:
Mate not being funny but you won't be doing much overseas travel in that!!!

I doubt it would make the trip from hull to the hook of holland let alone as far as Africa.

First thing I'd be buying is a good life raft a couple of buoyancy aids and some emergency flares if you do decide to take it to sea
Thanks given by:
The engine, drive and controls are already sorted. Her dad has given us his from when he had a boat so that's that sorted, the fiberglass and whatnot we will be doing ourselves as I used to work with fiberglass myself and her stepdad has agreed to help us out as well as he has restored a boat in the past. The wood there is none in there at all it's a fiberglass hull from what we have been told, but if there is we will be doing that too. The trailer doesn't come with it unfortunately so we will have to find a way of propping her up for a bit but all in all it's cost her £100, so it's not all bad.

Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 09:12 PM)swampy Wrote: Mate not being funny but you won't be doing much overseas travel in that!!!

I doubt it would make the trip from hull to the hook of holland let alone as far as Africa.

First thing I'd be buying is a good life raft a couple of buoyancy aids and some emergency flares if you do decide to take it to sea

sorry what? Just noticed in the OP that you plan to go over seas? Youre joking me? That boat would never work in the sea! Its a broads cruiser! Its designed for pootling around the broads and for short holidays!

Go to sea in that and itll roll over with the first 5ft wave it hits!
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 09:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: sorry what? Just noticed in the OP that you plan to go over seas? Youre joking me? That boat would never work in the sea! Its a broads cruiser! Its designed for pootling around the broads and for short holidays!

Go to sea in that and itll roll over with the first 5ft wave it hits!

Noooo no no...We was planning to go overseas, but not in that. I already know it's a broads cruiser, no we was planning on getting on a plane to go overseas!

But the overseas idea has fizzled out as to be honest I think it'd be a better idea that if we wanted to go travelling to travel this country first to see if we actually enjoy it!

Thanks given by:
didnt realise you bought a volvo.........

you been talking to sam?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 09:40 PM)Matt Wrote: didnt realise you bought a volvo.........

you been talking to sam?

I'm confused.....MATT!!! Why do you have to confuse me!!!

Thanks given by:
lol beacuse sams volvo is like a boat Tongue
Thanks given by:
Btw Sam, old school 3cyl Johnson FTMFW!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 09:44 PM)Matt Wrote: lol beacuse sams volvo is like a boat Tongue

Because it goes down? More body roll than the titanic?

Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 09:48 PM)Ruan Wrote: Btw Sam, old school 3cyl Johnson FTMFW!

its been submerged and still going. Was running on 2 cylinders when i got it and i had to replace all the wiring bullet connectors as they had corroded and snapped from the salt corrosion. Its bodged together with a halfords 30A fuse atm as it just doesnt seem to fit the fuse holder! Ill do some decent wiring when i get it out again in the summer but i cant solder it as all the copper has gone black Sad
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 09:49 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 09:44 PM)Matt Wrote: lol beacuse sams volvo is like a boat Tongue

Because it goes down? More body roll than the titanic?

becausesam goes down, and the volvo has body roll
Thanks given by:
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 11:48 PM)samass Wrote:

Yes!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 10:01 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 09:48 PM)Ruan Wrote: Btw Sam, old school 3cyl Johnson FTMFW!

its been submerged and still going. Was running on 2 cylinders when i got it and i had to replace all the wiring bullet connectors as they had corroded and snapped from the salt corrosion. Its bodged together with a halfords 30A fuse atm as it just doesnt seem to fit the fuse holder! Ill do some decent wiring when i get it out again in the summer but i cant solder it as all the copper has gone black Sad

#RacistRowell
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: