Battery/Indicators

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery/Indicators
Battery died the other day whilst fiddling with my heated mirrors got the jump pack on the and off i went , couldnt stop the alarm though that was interesting, finished on its own in the end. Anywho, I've now noticed my indicators dont flash when i lock or unlock the car... They never used to do it when locked only stay on for like a second or so when deadlocked, then when unlocked they flash rapidly a bunch of times then stop.... But yeh they're doing nothing now, my indicators work and hazzards so bulbs and all is ok.. Anyone know wasson here?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Dodgy earth wires, not points, most probably.
You'd be better off rewiring the whole lot Smile
Thanks given by:
Seems a bit extreme, given that you haven't told us what you've done yet so i'm assuming that fuses and earth wires haven't even been checked?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I had this on the xsi, it ran flat and then indicators wouldn't work, and then the rcl wouldn't work at all. Had to unlock/lock of the door barrel
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
i had this. check you havnt trapped a wire when putting the wing mirror back. if thats ok then check the relay in the boot lid. sounds weired but thats what my mate changed and everything was fine after that.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Strangely enough ive found that some small electrical gremlins in Peugeots can usually be solved by disconnecting the battery for 20 mins then reconnecting it. not really sure why but i guess it resets some systems. last time i had my battery out all the central locking issues i was having solved themselves once i put the battery back in.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 02:46 AM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: Dodgy earth wires, not points, most probably.

Rewiring what whole lot?

(09-12-2012, 06:11 AM)C2K Wrote: Seems a bit extreme, given that you haven't told us what you've done yet so i'm assuming that fuses and earth wires haven't even been checked?

Checked nothing yet, Mission for today is fix this shit, Just wanted some knowledge going into it Smile

(09-12-2012, 08:07 AM)Matt Wrote: I had this on the xsi, it ran flat and then indicators wouldn't work, and then the rcl wouldn't work at all. Had to unlock/lock of the door barrel

My remote is still working and i've had that problem before aswell haha

(09-12-2012, 08:30 AM)kingy Wrote: i had this. check you havnt trapped a wire when putting the wing mirror back. if thats ok then check the relay in the boot lid. sounds weired but thats what my mate changed and everything was fine after that.

Theres a relay in the boot lid? What for?

(09-12-2012, 09:07 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Strangely enough ive found that some small electrical gremlins in Peugeots can usually be solved by disconnecting the battery for 20 mins then reconnecting it. not really sure why but i guess it resets some systems. last time i had my battery out all the central locking issues i was having solved themselves once i put the battery back in.

Thats what im going to do first lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Fuse 9 was playing dead which is apparently side lights but my sidelights work so who knows ==
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
sounds stupid but is the bonnet alarm switch properly connected? Mine wont lock on the rcl if the alarm cant arm properly. took me ages to work it out, gave up for the night and slammed the bonnet and it worked!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mine will lock its just the lights wont flash :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 12:29 PM)Tom Wrote:
(09-12-2012, 02:46 AM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: Dodgy earth wires, not points, most probably.

Rewiring what whole lot?

This is what Ginge suggested as ideally it needs to be done
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 04:48 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote:
(09-12-2012, 12:29 PM)Tom Wrote:

Rewiring what whole lot?

This is what Ginge suggested as ideally it needs to be done

you can tell ginge he talks shit. Rewiring stuff is a last resort.

How did you get the car going again? Jump it or take the battery off and charge it?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I think rewiring the whole car is a bit extreme, everything electrical is working fine except this lol

I put a jump pack on it Niall, connected up gave it a few seconds then turned it over, and away it went.

I also left the battery off for an hour today and replaced the broken fuse and still no luck.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Checked all fuses? Jump starting can damage cars tbh.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yep checked all the fuses, fuse 9 was blown only a little 5amp.. Replaced that no change Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 06:44 PM)Tom Wrote: Yep checked all the fuses, fuse 9 was blown only a little 5amp.. Replaced that no change Sad

when you say changed, have you just done a visual check or actually checked them with a meter? they can blow and not look like they have.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 07:01 PM)Niall Wrote:
(09-12-2012, 06:44 PM)Tom Wrote: Yep checked all the fuses, fuse 9 was blown only a little 5amp.. Replaced that no change Sad

when you say changed, have you just done a visual check or actually checked them with a meter? they can blow and not look like they have.

Fair point, i only gave them a look over...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 07:01 PM)Niall Wrote: when you say changed, have you just done a visual check or actually checked them with a meter? they can blow and not look like they have.

Don't I know that... Doh
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Battery died again earlier.. Now the remote part of the central locking has stopped working haha oh dear someone help! Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
id suggest putting the bsi to sleep disconnecting the battery then reconecting after 5 mins
Thanks given by:
Only time will tell now, giving it some time to reset it self Smile

Sorted hazzards when unlocked are back aswell! haha silly peugeots Big Grin Cheers Cully!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
cool glad it was an easy fix Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indicators and Hazards not working. CaptainHair 5 3,001 19-01-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair
  indicators wont work :/ hilly5672 2 1,482 24-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: hilly5672
  no indicators Leemus 4 2,496 22-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Eeyore