Airbag clock spring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airbag clock spring
One of the casualties of my heater matrix change has been the airbag clock spring. I mistook part of the disc for a plug and tried to unplug it which resulting in it coming off and all of the tape going everywhere. I was looking at this for a replacement:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-AI...2ec42c4225
It comes off a V veg I don't know if it will be compatible with the mark 1 airbag ECU or not.
Thanks given by:
I'd imagine it'd be different but can't say for sure. Surely the ph3 uses a 'better' airbag ECU to cope with the extra airbags. Correct me if I'm wrong but theres only one in ph1s isn't there?

There must be a part number on yours though, see if it matches the ebay one. I would think any replacement would have to be reset as well, maybe with PP or something.
Thanks given by:
doubt it will work. On the ph1s, the airbag controller is actually in the airbag in the steering wheel so i would of thought they are different.

And tom, if the ph1 is anything like the 2/3, the airbag system does a self check every start so doesnt need resetting with PP2000
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 07:07 PM)Niall Wrote: doubt it will work. On the ph1s, the airbag controller is actually in the airbag in the steering wheel so i would of thought they are different.

And tom, if the ph1 is anything like the 2/3, the airbag system does a self check every start so doesnt need resetting with PP2000

Fair enough. I'm trying to use VAG knowledge with Pugs again and failing haha. Got my airbag slip ring/turn angle sensor (combined) on ebay atm and had a few people ask will it work straight off - but it seems it needs to be programmed by VCDS. I assumed Pugs would be the same, my bad.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 07:07 PM)Niall Wrote: doubt it will work. On the ph1s, the airbag controller is actually in the airbag in the steering wheel so i would of thought they are different.

The airbag controller is underneath the centre console on my oneUndecided But I have seen some on eBay which seem to be shaped to fit the steering wheel which is weird.

Either way the reason I am asking is because from what I can tell the clock spring is just a device to allow the electricity to pass to the airbag in the steering wheel but I wanted to be on the safe side.
Thanks given by:
Best bet is to check part numbers bud. Could be the same!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know for sure or do I have to go on a scrappy raid?
Thanks given by:
Right, further investigations using servicebox indicate there are two types:

RPO07010
RPO07011

My old one has long been thrown out now so if anyone knows which one is fitted to phase 1 feel free to let me know!
Thanks given by:
Right, from comparing the squib for the 1996 and the 2000, the only difference seems to be the colour of the plug;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-MK...4609769bbe
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-AI...2ec42c4225

As you can see, the plug on the 2000 one is brown. But I don't know if the plug design is different or not.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airbag light still on after removing and reinstalling airbag 306Puggy 28 15,694 26-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: 3gan
  306 Airbag plus Clock Spring 306Puggy 15 4,615 14-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Bananalad
  Tempurature clock to non temp clock Ben Jay 10 3,232 28-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim