Tyres...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyres...
As most of you know I f*cking hate my Polo and do try quite a bit to crash it I succeeded in hitting a grass verge the other day trying to overtake a tractor and hitting black ice no real damage other than a bit of foliage stuck in the bumper.

But just been out this morning and regards to my steering and it being so f*cking heavy it's unreal...I have had a look at my passenger tyre on the front and the inner and outer edge are both worn down to the point there's only an outline of the tread left, but the centre remains untouched. All tyres are at VAG's recommended pressure of 31psi so it's not the pressure, any ideas?
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, based on your first line. It is not the tyres. It is you driving like a tit!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it's been run below pressure for too long, or run flat - distorted and then run till the tred is gone. Failing that it could have just been a dodgy tyre, stick another one on and keep an eye on the wear.

They weren't part worns or anything like that?
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 09:45 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: They weren't part worns or anything like that?

No they're brand new tyres fitted the day before I got the car (receipts to prove) they are a budget brand but they're not remoulds or part worn.

Thanks given by:
lots of hard cornering or its towing in way too much
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do they look well pumped up? I found the recomendations for PSI on the Golf were crap, went to 34PSI all round instead and felt much better as well as not looking quite so flat.

I've scrubbed the outside edges off the proxes on the Cyclones pretty quick. Sad Hard cornering and wheel spinning on the sidewalls is the cause of that though lol. Rolleyes They've not done many miles though in all honesty, 4 months on a 1.4, 2 months on a 1.8, and now the HDi's, cant remember when I got Sams HDi but must be 3 months now I reckon. They should last longer than 9 months! Not happy at all with the Proxes wear, although theres only a few mm off the middle, its the egdes where its gone both sides. Will have to find something with a harder compuond when i replace them I think.
Thanks given by:
classic under-inflation wear; but if you did try to go back and complain,the first thing they will tell you is that the owner is responsible for keeping tyres at correct pressure.....
Thanks given by:
If its tight you have an issue with camber, and if that's out you tracking is too, bottom arm rear bushes are common on them, but you also probably bent someting as well wen you crashed
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 05:58 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: If its tight you have an issue with camber, and if that's out you tracking is too, bottom arm rear bushes are common on them, but you also probably bent someting as well wen you crashed

It wasn't a full on crash the only thing that was damaged was my splitter broke a couple of clips nothing structural.

Thanks given by: