306 D Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 D Turbo
hi guys and girls Wink so my bro just brought a N reg d turbo phase1 but the heater inside the car doesnt work, temp guage stays on 0 and doesnt move so no heating in the car at all Sad does have a few other minor issues like windows dont work, rev counter and the central locking but main thing is heating in this lovely british winter Smile
anyone got any clues about the heating mainly?would be much appreciated as want to sort it out over saturday Smile
he's got a bosch pump and i dont Sad EPIC FAIL!!! feels much quicker then mine but as said heaters!!! any info would be greattttt
thanks guys Big Grin
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
is it no heat or no blowers?
Thanks given by:
Do they blow? If not either motor or control panel. First thing I'd try your working control panel.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are the heater matrix pipes getting warm/hot?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 11:50 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Are the heater matrix pipes getting warm/hot?

im not sure about that...will check tommorow when hes back from work Smile

(05-12-2012, 11:49 PM)306Dan Wrote: is it no heat or no blowers?

both really...even when car is running there is no heat coming from the heaters whilst your driving and blower not turning on at all Sad

(05-12-2012, 11:49 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Do they blow? If not either motor or control panel. First thing I'd try your working control panel.

tried moving the cable itself from the blower but nothing Sad was told to try putting a 12v power 2 blower 2 c if it still runs?
Thanks given by:
Get the blower to work be a big help...

But it concerns me that the temp gauge says 0!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If no heat atall then it's the matrix gone, if not blow (inb4samass) then it will probably be the blower motor
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
or the headgasket's gone pop and is pressurising the coolant causing an airlock.

My phase 1 had the same problem last winter - awesome fun!
Thanks given by:
Yea what matt said he must be a pro now he owns one after shagging the rallye
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Thermostat been removed?
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
as above with the temp gauge not reading either try putting a new thermostat in and bleeding the coolant system.
Thanks given by:
That or check the sensor is plugged in and working for the gauge cos in this weather even with no stat they will heat up eventually.

Think its about 40-50 you see it start moving and so if you know the car has warmed up (feel the matrix hoses) then the sensor is fooked.

I reckon if the matrix pipes are getting hot then sort the blower however I do think there is strong potential for a f*cked head gasket though
Thanks given by:
When its warm try squeezing the top rad hose see if its solid, my pal had a 1.9 swapped his diesel laguna for it they didnt even bother checking the laguna, he came to show me and asked why its idling rough and chucking out little puffs of white smoke went n saw him the next day i undone the top pipe and there was no thermostat he was screwing when i told him hg failiure :p
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
The temp gauge seems to be moving but when driving it goes back downbelow 70 surely if the hg is failing it would pressure the rad? And wouldn't boost? There is no pressurising in the rad but seems to boost fine, when at stand still the temp seems to rise Confused

Just checked the water pipe seems hot and the matrix pipes seem warm aswell the rad pipe seems soft loads of water on the passengers floor I susspect matrix

Oooo another update the water pump is leakin like a beeeech
Thanks given by:
My temp guage never goes over 70? But I've took rad cap off and the water isn't dead hot. So what's that?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dodgy sensor, outa spec resistance
Thanks given by:
or the thermostat has been removed by someone.

Mine does the same, but give it a bootfull and it quickly rises.
I also heats up abit quicker, so it's staying unchanged over the winter.
Thanks given by:
Haven't posted on here in ages and thank you for all the info in the end my bro did not keep the car anyway and I just wanted to say once again thank you
Thanks given by:
haha epic thread revival dude! how you doing? . . Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: