advice on do's and dont's?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice on do's and dont's?
Rite thought ill start a thread of of the do's and dont's on a hdi to help people with tuning or any questions?

so lets start with all the do's on tunning a hdi to get the best power output

and then the dont's on this topic

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Thanks given by:
Do: Tune it.
Dont: Not tune it.

Edit: Dont: Mess around with the racoon filter.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Do - Remap
Dont - Superchip/tuning box
Thanks given by:
Do - run clean diesel
Dont - run veg/biodiesel

waits for the abuse!
Thanks given by:
I've run bio and not had any problems, although eml was on constantly then so could have thrown up some errors somewhere and wouldn't have noticed.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Do: Service and look after the engine
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do decat
Thanks given by:
Do: Have a look through the guide section.

Don't: Believe anything you read on ebay.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dont - Buy a HDi if you're after performance or mpg... lol

However if you're stuck with one, do definitely stage 1 it atleast, easy and cheap and does make them much more driveable....
Thanks given by:
Have you changed the MAF like I told you to?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Do: save up for when it goes bang on veg and bio

Dont: run bio and spend saved money of repairs on fun things like a Whippy map
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do: map!
Don't: get my father to change clutch!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 10:25 PM)Ruan Wrote: Have you changed the MAF like I told you to?

No....HDi mafs are bloody expensive! Don't think its the maf though, it feels quicker than rowells did and there was no noticeable difference when I unplugged it on mine.

But I don't know what the 30-70 should be on a stage 1 anyway. However its not gonna be quick as its still only 100bhp per tonne on the estate.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 11:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

No....HDi mafs are bloody expensive! Don't think its the maf though, it feels quicker than rowells did and there was no noticeable difference when I unplugged it on mine.

But I don't know what the 30-70 should be on a stage 1 anyway. However its not gonna be quick as its still only 100bhp per tonne on the estate.

If I was you Tom I'd buy a golf!
The bhp and tuning abilities are immense.
And don't get me started on those mpgzzzzzz
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 11:14 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 11:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

If I was you Tom I'd buy a golf!
The bhp and tuning abilities are immense.
And don't get me started on those mpgzzzzzz

In all seriousness Kent, the PD is Sooooo much easier to get power and mpg from, and cheaper to tax too.....BUT the delicacy of it is what ruins imo. The HDi on the other hand doesn't have any major flaws (although perpetually has niggles) but really isn't so easy to get the power from, or the mpg with more power. Everything with cars is a compromise unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 30-70 should be around 7seconds Tom
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tom if there is no difference in performance with the maf plugged in or not, then that means the maf is buggard...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 11:33 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: Stage 1 30-70 should be around 7seconds Tom

What map is that?

And don't forget the extra 100kg or so that the estate weighs.

I've got a vid on YouTube of my 30-70 but can't seem to get it here with my phone, I'll get in the morning and see if it looks right to you guys. I'm sure its more like 9 seconds though....

(05-12-2012, 11:36 PM)Connor Wrote: Tom if there is no difference in performance with the maf plugged in or not, then that means the maf is buggard...

Rowells got a lot better with no maf though. Mine isn't noticably better or worse? Confused
Thanks given by:
Mine is pretty much bang on 7 seconds.
I can't get vids on here with my phone either else I'd put it up!

My photobucket is
anti_hero86
Think it's in there
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i disconnected my maf sensor and performance dropped big time so found mine is not gone but gonna give it a good service along with full exhaust system as just been remapped, any advice on fuel pumps and turbo?
Thanks given by:
You could upgrade the pump to an R70.....

How did this turn into a thread about Tom moaning and his and bloody Golf's lol
Thanks given by:
does the r70 produce a gain then?
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Pippa's just put it on and he/she (I'm not sure which genger) said its made loads ofndfferance and its well worth it!

Newer injectors anrnan r70 pump will be my next big purchase!
Thanks given by:
Don't buy a HDI

Do buy a xud

/troll
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 09:49 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Don't buy a HDI

Do buy a xud

/troll

^^^^^^
Not a troll
I should have bought a late XUD
Thanks given by:
Do make sure what you do is done well!

Don't just buy things that should be good but are not, and expect them to work.

Basically, mod slowly and thoughtfully. Make sure everything is working right as you go along. The end result will be very good!

Not sure on the downers on bio. I have a long-term project car owner visiting tomorrow who runs exclusively on bio (he makes it too!) He also has an XUD car that runs bio too.

We are finally gonna see how it runs on bio vs pump diesel (which is 15% bio now any way iirc)... so expect a little report on the acceleration plots before/after from bio > pump... it's a HDi110 Xsara by the way, so not sure if intercooling makes bio more ok or not... hmmm...

Dave
Thanks given by:
Do: Read the guides in the guides section
Dont: Start yet another thread repeating the same shit thats in a million other threads and the guides
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 04:19 PM)Mr Whippy Wrote: We are finally gonna see how it runs on bio vs pump diesel (which is 15% bio now any way iirc)... so expect a little report on the acceleration plots before/after from bio > pump... it's a HDi110 Xsara by the way, so not sure if intercooling makes bio more ok or not... hmmm...

Dave

Looking forward to these results Big Grin
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Massive gains from an R70?

I'd love to see proof, mine feels exactly the same, as it should do. It's only a HP pump at the end of the day.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Depends what condition the pump is in at the end of the day...
Thanks given by: