Exhaust System?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust System?
Who would be the best company to get a exhaust system including a decat in the hampshire area at a sensible prices? anyone know if longlife any good?
Thanks given by:
Long life/power flow are both good . Miles at pug racing maybe able to help. Hes in ring wood. I think!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah miles is local. There's a few decent places local, depends how far/ how much you wanna spend
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeah matt has a point. Although poweflow/long life are good they will bend you over and ra*e the shit out of you for it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
how much you think usually would cost for a system and decat?
Thanks given by:
Get cat cut out and pipe welded in , get de-mid section from ebay £50? , and put old center box instead of backbox on then put a tip on if looks matter to you. cheap and effective
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
prefer a good job and s/s all way through so it lasts and wanna be able to put cat back in easy enough for mot
Thanks given by:
i just put stainless 1 piece system on my 306 sounds great but pricey and plod hate it
Thanks given by:
My uncle makes systems, i can get a quote if you like? Pm me.
Thanks given by:
i live in andover hampshire bud and dont wanna travel miles for one as want it done asap

i have around £300 to spend
Thanks given by:
Ahem.
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-8529.html
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
No need for a cat for the mot.

IMO straight pipe it with a oe midbox if you dont want it too loud.

The same on mine cost me around £15 for the pipe and I already had the tip, and a hour or two of my time to weld it up.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
no affence but want a good job and s/s all way through
Thanks given by:
Get the pipe from eBay, 3straughts and 3 45 degree bends, then just get it welded up! Thaw how much m going to make my 3" system
Thanks given by:
Longlife are pretty good and efficient, should see a full turbo back system for under £300 and done in a few hours.
Thanks given by:
just had remap done by them and goin back friday hopefully for exhaust
Thanks given by:
well after remap the car does seem much quicker and the car has a gti6 back box on it aswell would this be a course of it been a bit meh in speed?
Thanks given by:
yep, ditch the '6 back box its designed to give back pressure, which you DON'T want on a turbo car. either get a centre box back box, or any other aftermarket silencer with a straight through design. or better yet, a bit of pipe Wink
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
ok well it goin in friday for a full system made along with decat but was just woundering if cos it has the gti6 back box on its coursin the lack of power?
Thanks given by:
it might well do. it'll certainly hold your turbo back from spooling, and should feel a lot better once its got a proper system on it
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
ok cool, look forward to the results friday then
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 08:23 PM)puglove Wrote: Yeah matt has a point. Although poweflow/long life are good they will bend you over and ra*e the shit out of you for it

god you do talk some shite some times!
I would stay away from powerflow as there systems arnt actually stainless steel. Longlife is. I paid £430 for a full manifold back system with a sports cat fitted. not a bad price when you add up the prices of a seperate sports cat, centre and rear box. also has a lifetime warranty so if it does go bad (somehow...dont see how a bit of pipe can...) then they will repair it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
im goin for fulls system and decat first before i look at manifold as all i can afford atm
Thanks given by:
I shouldn't worry about looking into manifolds unless you're planning on modding it in a big way. Have you tuned a diesel before?

Standard bore on these is 2.25" iirc, so 2.5" is a minimum if you're modding imo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
the bitch is going into longlife in basingstoke tomorrow for its custome made exhaust system, liking the 2.5 out rolled tip will upload pics and let all know when done to if diffrence in performace aswell
Thanks given by:
Are they fitting only straight through sections?

How many, and how big?

Stage 1 with one large straight through silencer is a good compromise and cheaper than two smaller silencers.

Hopefully it'll all be good Big Grin

I've heard and seen good work from them in the past. Not cheap, but usually good end results with their exhausts!

PS, ask who they buy their remaps from. Hopefully it'll be a good one but there is a lot of good and bad out there. Ie, some tuners still sell generic '108bhp' remaps for these cars... while other tuners will happily give you a real 125bhp+ with a good free-flow exhaust!

Dave
Thanks given by:
asking for a straight through 2.5" bore into 1 silnece with a 2.5" out rolled tip and remap already done by them and he said should produce around 125bhp but wont feel the big diffrence till exhaust is done, also i have a gti6 back box on mine atm from the last owner
Thanks given by:
You generally will find about another 5bhp with the free-flow vs a restrictive exhaust tops really.

The main difference will be response to the throttle and sound. Louder and sharper response (less turbo lag), also maybe another 5lbft of torque.

2.5" is also on the large side for sub 200bhp tuning, but given you have just one silencer it'll probably balance out ok Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
Dave, unrelated a little bit, but you no what I'm aiming for, I was going to have a go at making a 3" system turbo back for mine. I'm aiming for the top end of 180 with the bigger turbo r70 pump n fresh injectors...

What's your opinion further advice oh man of knowledge!
Thanks given by:
Can do a single box turbo back with a single tailpipe for £250+ vat.

Topgear performance, power flow in Doncaster.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  exhaust system for an estate? MIKE-FORD 0 886 08-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Last Post: MIKE-FORD
  parts/angles for building exhaust system? rtha6551 6 1,976 18-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Last Post: rtha6551
  MONGOOSE EXHAUST SYSTEM PEUGEOT 306 2.0 HDi procta 10 3,578 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Eeyore