Changing Rear Shoes, fuel mix through a Lucas Pump and some resistor advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Rear Shoes, fuel mix through a Lucas Pump and some resistor advice
Hi peeps, some advice needed Smile

I have not changed the rear shoes on a 306 before, i guess the actual job is straight forward but will i need a special socket 30mm etc to remove the drum - as i presume the drum is held on uuber tight by the wheel bearing nut and if so i'd have to buy one Sad

I run a lucas pump, can i run a veg/derv mix of 33 oil/66 derv or will the pump die due to lack of lubrication?

My dashboard airbag light is flashing and i understand the pikey thing is to wire the light to the pre-heater light but i guess i could use a resistor in each plug under the seats instead of plugging the wires in to the pretensioners? - if so which one? I have replaced both tensioners and changed the plugs and no luck.

Please please HELP on the above Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Dont run veg in lucas... thats one solved for ya
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
rear drum nut is 32mm iirc . . . and they're not usually as bad as the fronts . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 03:21 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Dont run veg in lucas... thats one solved for ya

no veg at all, not even a mix?

(04-12-2012, 03:31 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: rear drum nut is 32mm iirc . . . and they're not usually as bad as the fronts . .Smile

ah so off to buy an expensive socket then Sad

Thanks given by:
Sockets aint that expensive. Ebay ftw if you can wait. Ensure you buy 1/2inch fit...wont undo it with a 3/8 ratchet!

Not worth risk with the lucas.

Fix the airbag fault!!! Repair the wires under your seats should do the trick
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As for the airbag light, try raiding a scrapyard for a replacement airbag ECU, that fixed my airbag light.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 04:16 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Sockets aint that expensive. Ebay ftw if you can wait. Ensure you buy 1/2inch fit...wont undo it with a 3/8 ratchet!

Not worth risk with the lucas.

Fix the airbag fault!!! Repair the wires under your seats should do the trick

i think connor MAY be my saviour on the socket Smile

okies i wont even mix the fuel, just thinking about fuel costs Sad

I have replaced the wires/connectors, both tensioners, reset the car (its a DT and not HDI) - just given up as it will fail MOT in april

(04-12-2012, 06:11 PM)306Puggy Wrote: As for the airbag light, try raiding a scrapyard for a replacement airbag ECU, that fixed my airbag light.

Its a DT and not HDI so no ECU - i should that in my first post apologies !

Thanks given by:
You 'might' find that the drum could have a lip on the edge and it will foul the shoes when trying to pull it off. First get a rubber mallet and smack the drum around the edges at 3 and 9 o'clock.

If it's still catching and you have a Bendix drum set up, spin the drum so you can see the adjuster through the bolt hole:
[Image: IMAG0872.jpg]
You want to push the flap holding the cog down and carefully spin the adjuster cog downwards to slacken the shoes.

TRY not to knacker the adjuster as they aren't cheap!!!!
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 08:34 PM)gretsch-drummer Wrote: You 'might' find that the drum could have a lip on the edge and it will foul the shoes when trying to pull it off. First get a rubber mallet and smack the drum around the edges at 3 and 9 o'clock.

If it's still catching and you have a Bendix drum set up, spin the drum so you can see the adjuster through the bolt hole:
[Image: IMAG0872.jpg]
You want to push the flap holding the cog down and carefully spin the adjuster cog downwards to slacken the shoes.

TRY not to knacker the adjuster as they aren't cheap!!!!

cheers fella, connor and i will find out thursday lol

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas pump cap carlukepeugeot 7 3,725 19-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  Lucas pump timing probe issues weka 0 1,282 21-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: weka
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby