rant.............

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rant.............
god damn work has gone and limited the vans to 60mph
yes im for all this save the planet bullshit

but you sit in the second lane overtaking a HGV @ 60 with repmobles flashing you
and overtaking at 100mph

Wankers!

feckin scary shit waiting to be rearended

think im going to piss work off and fill out a few incident/nearmiss forms
Thanks given by:
BASTARDS!

Know how you feel though, theyv'e taken away our 140mph+ Beemers and given us f*cking Skodas that barely do a ton.
Thanks given by:
My 106 NAD did 90 (on the flat), what kind of skoda have you got that wont hit a hundred? Confused

Why are they limited out of interest? You're allowed 70 on motorway in vans arent you?
Thanks given by:
Speed limit is 60mph for vans.
Thanks given by:
Seems daft seeing as lgv limit on a motorway is 70

We fit trackers at work and at one point were told we might start fitting kit that would limit throttle response for economic driving basicly meaning if you needed to pull or if a junction quickly or put your foot down to avoid something (alright you shouldn't need to but it does happen) it'd cut the throttle back to minimal which is bloody dangerous
Thanks given by:
the van is a transit connect and i belive maxibum legal speed is 60mph
work will have limited it for economy and cheeper running cost with ware n tare

they have changed the map in the van too as is has no torque at all now
so i see a saving on tyres and driveshafts already
Thanks given by:
That's a bugger, i was always told if its taxed as lgv motorway limit was 70 and dual carriage way 60 and if its taxed a plg then its standard car limits

Work limited us by changing from 1.9 hdi's to the 1.6 berlingo that has no torque as standard
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 04:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: BASTARDS!

Know how you feel though, theyv'e taken away our 140mph+ Beemers and given us f*cking Skodas that barely do a ton.

Yeah chris your talking shit if you have the VRs dervs that ive seen and you told me you have. My old 1.9 skoda would do over 100 pretty easily so im told so the more modern, substantially more powerful vrs derv would be a lot quicker.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 05:05 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: That's a bugger, i was always told if its taxed as lgv motorway limit was 70 and dual carriage way 60 and if its taxed a plg then its standard car limits

Work limited us by changing from 1.9 hdi's to the 1.6 berlingo that has no torque as standard

Yeah, what I thought. I drive a LWB Sprinter (it's awful) and I can do 70 m/way, 60 dual carriageway, 50 on single carriageway.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 06:36 PM)Ricky Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 05:05 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: That's a bugger, i was always told if its taxed as lgv motorway limit was 70 and dual carriage way 60 and if its taxed a plg then its standard car limits

Yeah, what I thought. I drive a LWB Sprinter (it's awful) and I can do 70 m/way, 60 dual carriageway, 50 on single carriageway.

This is also what I thought was law for upto 3.5t vans. Unless towing when m/way and d/carriage are reduced by 10mph.
Thanks given by:
I hate limited vehicles wit a passion, driving a sprinter van to Eastbourne and back limited to 55. Journey that should have taken 6 hours took 12. Cults right that it is actually dangerous, you cannot overtake on the motorway without blocking up the middle lane, you hold everyone up on a roads to the extent that people take silly risks trying to get past you, but perhaps worse of all is the feeling of all the hatred of the people behind you, it's so embarrassing lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 06:06 PM)Niall Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 04:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: BASTARDS!

Yeah chris your talking shit if you have the VRs dervs that ive seen and you told me you have. My old 1.9 skoda would do over 100 pretty easily so im told so the more modern, substantially more powerful vrs derv would be a lot quicker.

We do have VRS's yes but also no motorway and only about half a mile of dual carriageway in our borough
Thanks given by:
Think it depends on the weight of a van for its limits and also if the plod deem you to be a commercial vehicle or not think if you are over 3ton it's 60mph but if you have twin rear wheels its definitely 60mph regardless, also depends what rules your company abide by cause as always Europe will have a hand in it somewhere. UK Domestic rules state Trucks as 60 and Buses/Coaches and any van below 3.5t as 70, but European rules make Trucks 56 and Buses/Coaches 62. Pain in the backside really as my bus hardly ever leaves the Wirral let alon venture out into Europe yet the most I can ever get is 63/64 goin downhill
Thanks given by:
Speed limits are here

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits
Thanks given by:
Welcome to wonderfull world of limiters, enjoy your stay.

Its a PITA hey cully? All our vans are limited to 62 but the biggest joke is they buy the top spec 155bhp transits so it goes like shit off a shovel then just stops at 62 Sad

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 04:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: My 106 NAD did 90 (on the flat), what kind of skoda have you got that wont hit a hundred? Confused

Why are they limited out of interest? You're allowed 70 on motorway in vans arent you?

what!! you took a car over 30 mph tom?!
f*ck me your getting brave Tongue
Thanks given by:
30mph is just wasting ffuel Andy, can't get in top gear at 30!! 45mph is about right....irony is I'm more likely to get caught speeding for mpg reasons rather than just being a Dick! Confused
Thanks given by:
Ever thought of a moped tom? Epic MPGz
Thanks given by:
Ignor!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 08:50 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Ever thought of a moped tom? Epic MPGz

yeah tom, then you can be called tomsmoped. then you can cruze in top gear at 30 and wont even have to worry about mpg.
Thanks given by:
Two wheels aren't stable enough for me...I'd fall off. lol
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 09:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Two wheels aren't stable enough for me...I'd fall off. lol

more like due to the shock of the mpg it would give you.
Thanks given by:
Cannot you upload some new Data into the ECU to override this or unplug the speedo, job done
Thanks given by:
my mate does the servicing on asda home delivery vans, if you pull out the abs fuse on some of them it over rides the limiter, he makes me laugh with the extent of bodging they get upto to try and defeat the limiters haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 09:39 PM)miles Wrote: Cannot you upload some new Data into the ECU to override this or unplug the speedo, job done

jobs worth more to me than fecking about with the van and getting the boot

wont be going there!
Thanks given by:
Companies dont seem to live in the real world.
We had trackers fitted in all the work cars last year due to us having such a high claim rate and basically becoming uninsurable.

its crap. Bearing in mind we are a 24/7/365 company where engineers can travel up to 150 miles in both directions at any time, day or night, what is the issue with doing 80mph on the motorway at 2am when there is literally no one else about? Nope, not allowed. they wont even give us the 10%+2 like the law does.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
as niall says travelling on the motorway at 3am here and you see no one!
60mph is pointless when the van was capable of 80 easly
Thanks given by:
i driver a sprinter that's limited to 70 nothing worse then going in the out side lane to over take some one then they wake up and speed up leaving you stuck in the out side lane looking like a fool. people need to pay more atenshion on the motor ways see at least 4 dick heads every day sat in the middle lane doing 60 then 55 on a hill coz there on there phone or just not paying any attention to there speedo/what there doing

luck thats the only way the van is limited tho so you can get round things ett sod having the throttle limited to
Thanks given by: