Spring/Early summer club meet

Poll: next club meet
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reading - April
18.75%
6 18.75%
Some where else - April
56.25%
18 56.25%
Reading - Summer
6.25%
2 6.25%
Some where else - Summer
18.75%
6 18.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring/Early summer club meet
depending how far up you decide this to be I'll be keen but kendal is looking like it would cost me about £200 just to drive there and back Sad
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
how about north wales? closer for many, camp in the ogwyn valley, epic roads and I know my way around well enough.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Hmmmm guess jonny has an idea there!! Plus I've not banged a welsh bird before
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
not a bad idea at all jonny
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
TBH it was a complete eureka moment, it offers everything the Lakes has, but is closer for 99% of people lol

Thanks given by:
Wales roads are epiccc! Went on holiday with mazz a few years ago, unfortunately no her car, but omg the views were incredible, and I even enjoyed driving the roads in the hdi!! And I know a couple of decent places to stay in the southern Wales area. A village Llangorse has a bunkhouse with a massive paddock and a huge climbing centre next door, as well as horse riding for those inclined to such things! Highly recommend it actually!

EDIT: Im on a hawsss! /oldspice
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Actually, the coast roads in Pembrokeshire are awesome, but will be very full of caravanfails, North wales is much more mountainous and less "caravanish".

Thanks given by:
As nice as Wales is, I reckon the Lakes would be a lot better! Scenery is a lot nicer, the twisty roads are more fun (if you can handle them, and yes I'm on about you Ginge), but wherever the banter may be, I'm sure it'll be awesome Big Grin

Oh and enjoy the petrol bill all you '6 foookers Tongue
Thanks given by:
And herein lies your problem, 90% of the mods own 6's, so will never allow a club meet to happen that far away. Fooby has only bought an HDi estate so they can load up a-team stylee to pimp-slap anyone who tries it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
North Wales is missions from Norfolk!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I think that's a pretty good idea, being more central and easier for most people. It all sounds well and good, and a lot of people will say they're up for it... but a lot of the time it comes down to cost. I know I probably wouldn't be able to purely because of fuel costs! But Wales would be much more doable
Thanks given by:
Right I'll tell you this for nothing - the most speeding tickets handed out per capita of any country in the UK = Wales I personally have had 11 points from them in the last 7yrs, my dad has had 3pts (his first ever) so be afraid, be very fcukin afraid if you already have points cos the welsh police don't take kindly to 4mph over the limit and you're unlikey to want to drive back there if you're lucky enough to be offered to go on the speed awareness course :o
dos na
Thanks given by:
To be honest, for the southern lot north Wales isn't much nearer, probably 100 miles difference if that, and Kendal is easier to get to being right on the M6?

To be honest, I'm not suggesting Cumbria because it's up north, I'm suggesting it because of the awesome roads, great pubs and great camping, and it's proximity to the Dales with more awesome roads. Plus, Welsh traffic cops are Nazis.

I'm happy wherever though, another weekend of banter would be awesome wherever it is Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
So another poll for the location? Then we can set a date and people can get the time off work/get a loan if they own a '6 lol

Thanks given by:
wales + camping = cold&soggy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm up for this; perhaps AFTER april time; i know i'm not the only uni student here, and uni goes mad pre-may... Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Poll says no...

Sounds like a plan Jonny, the more notice we've got the better.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
anywhere in th UK + camping = cold and soggy.

But thats part of the fun.
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 10:39 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: As nice as Wales is, I reckon the Lakes would be a lot better! Scenery is a lot nicer, the twisty roads are more fun (if you can handle them, and yes I'm on about you Ginge), but wherever the banter may be, I'm sure it'll be awesome Big Grin

Oh and enjoy the petrol bill all you '6 foookers Tongue

heh heh heh!
Thanks given by:
The Liam has hit the nail on the head - Welsh traffic cops are Nazis Sad
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 11:30 PM)Poodle Wrote: And herein lies your problem, 90% of the mods own 6's, so will never allow a club meet to happen that far away. Fooby has only bought an HDi estate so they can load up a-team stylee to pimp-slap anyone who tries it.
Fooby dosent come to meets anyway. Most of the mods wont go to any meets north of the M4 (wankers) and I think youll find that half of the Staff own diesels Ruan, Me, Darren, Fooby and Matt.

(04-12-2012, 12:48 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Right I'll tell you this for nothing - the most speeding tickets handed out per capita of any country in the UK = Wales I personally have had 11 points from them in the last 7yrs, my dad has had 3pts (his first ever) so be afraid, be very fcukin afraid if you already have points cos the welsh police don't take kindly to 4mph over the limit and you're unlikey to want to drive back there if you're lucky enough to be offered to go on the speed awareness course :o
dos na
Yeah agreed, If its arranged for wales I refuse to go for the above reasons.

(04-12-2012, 07:37 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Welsh traffic cops are Nazis.
Agreed, theres millions of the f*ckers too.

(04-12-2012, 08:15 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I'm up for this; perhaps AFTER april time; i know i'm not the only uni student here, and uni goes mad pre-may... Smile
No cos the month after April is May and the first show of the season and most of us can only afford to do one show/meet a month. Why dont you accept that you might have to miss this and come to PPCITP in May
Thanks given by:
Okay I'm just gonna throw this out there, look for somewhere midland ish so no one is traveling to far, look for camping if people want that as its cheaper so more fuel if your daft and have a 6 and we decide before newyear so everyone can book off work and know for uni? Just what I think Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Should just do it in the park next to the caravan Tongue

Haha. Tbh I don't mind where we go now I have the DT lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
lakes will be amazing! Maybe we can have a summer meet in cornwall and all go to the beach Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Will someone just feckin decide - those that want to go will go no matter what, those that look for excuses won't make the effort.
Thanks given by:
I'd suggest the peak district for awesome roads and convenience but their all covered in cameras and traffic cops. Snake Pass is fecking epic though, and there are loads of campsites and pubs, plus it might keep the southerners happy because it's just off the M1 via Snake Pass and it isn't technically the north because it's mostly in Derbyshire...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
The Midlands is quite far for us southern fairys all the way down in Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. Remember how far Darren had to travel to get to FCS this year. A fooking mileage. Ideally you need to look at areas around the country with have a higher concentrated volume of members. And work out where us central. that way it's fair. Well in my eyes anyway but I know you all hate me Big Grin <3
Thanks given by:
I still think Cornwall will be better for weather in April cos the couple of degrees warmer could be the difference between being able to have a nice weekend and freezing our nuts off in a muddy puddle
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 12:47 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Will someone just feckin decide - those that want to go will go no matter what, those that look for excuses won't make the effort.

How's this then. There will be a camping meet, in the Lake District, in April.

I will find a campsite, and I'll stick up a separate thread with a poll for dates, and information on where the campsite will be. The poll will be closed before the end of January.

(04-12-2012, 12:13 PM)SRowell Wrote: lakes will be amazing! Maybe we can have a summer meet in cornwall and all go to the beach Big Grin

I'll be definately up for a beach meet in Cornwall in the summer lol

Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 12:47 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Will someone just feckin decide - those that want to go will go no matter what, those that look for excuses won't make the effort.

Chill, the thread has been up less than 2 days, no need for the location to be 100 per cent set yet considering its not until end of April.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,147 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 22/07/17 Eeyore 17 12,289 24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: gti6man
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,624 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty