11mm cam plate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11mm cam plate
do you use the pug cam plate or the transit cam plate when changing the head over?
Thanks given by:
The original XUD9 one...

It's not the fact it's 11mm, it's the fact it's off a DI engine you shouldn't use it... It's matched to the engine...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
cheers bud, i used the xud one, and the bloody thing wont go! just a thought
Thanks given by:
You sure you didn't put the camplate in 180* out...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
nah defo didnt, notch to woodruff key, it kinda fires but wont go
Thanks given by:
Sure you've not got the cam/pump timing out?

Does it seem to fire whilst cranking, but just won't run under it's own steam?

Did you yank up on the belt from the front and place the tension over the pump and cam and leave any slack down the back - it's so easy to get the cam a tooth out due to the slack if you've got a bolt to lock that isn't quite flush enough.
Thanks given by:
its does fire when cranking, i was going to check the cam timing next, but it got dark so i give up, i will do it tomorrow
Thanks given by:
I've checked everything now, timing and that, but still starts then cuts out. Like there's no fuel pressure, can you get a faulty head, I've tryed this head on 2 pumps now, and no luck, any ideas??
Thanks given by:
Sure the vane pump is working right? Sounds like its starving of fuel, are the pumps original or been sat about for a while?
Thanks given by:
The first pump had sat around, so I took the head off and put it in the working pump I took off the car, but still no luck, the head from the transit had say around for along time,
Thanks given by:
Are you sure the fuel filter isn't blocked? I had similar problems when I rebuilt my pump only to find the fuel filter was blocked causing the troubles. Also I don't know if you maybe didn't screw the max fuel in far enough? This can sometimes cause the cutting out issue as well.
Thanks given by:
It's defo not blocked, I've had the max screw in and out , it starts better only in afew turns, it doesn't fire when it's in to far, seems to smoke too, it's stump me for now, changing the head over isn't a massively hard job, so I don't know where I've gone wrong,
Thanks given by:
What about the fuel banjos? Are they the correct way around? If it's not that then more information would be helpful.
Thanks given by:
Fuel lines are the right way around, as Bosch pump came off, are the banjo bolts different??
Thanks given by:
One is for the inlet and one is for the outlet. If you get them the wrong way round it will have an effect. The one with the small hole in the side is for the fuel return.
Thanks given by:
Sweet, I bet that's it, I'll give it ago to night
Thanks given by:
The banjos are correct, but it didn't matter as my starters give up from all the trying to start!
Thanks given by: