Starting to get fed up with my 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to get fed up with my 306
Basically I'm losing
Interest in my 306 hdi every few months or so it decides not to start I've pretty much had the car / engine rebuilt and am sick of pointing money into it but on the other hand I have a fiesta st which is literally tapering me on fuel every week it's good for a thrash and that's it 306 is comfy and good on fuel but I can't handle the Unreliability :-( what do I dooooooo :-( keep or bin the old boy
Thanks given by:
Keep it and get it fixed, no point spending loads on the car then getting rid. I feel the same about mine some times but ive still got it and it probly ows me around 2.5k never gona get my money back so just gona keep it :-)

Thanks given by:
When it works I love it I just lose interest when it brakes if I didn't have another car to fall back in I'd have binned it by now as I need one for work :-(
Thanks given by:
find the problem , get it solved and enjoy it. Cheaper than selling for spares/repairs then having to get a replacement
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Fix it properly tbh.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
It's hard to trace the problem I've done pretty much everything in poodles thread about it, I just hope when I change the relay it solves the problem
Thanks given by:
Has someone put it on proper Lexia/PP diagnostics yet?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Sell the ST... Fix the hdi... Fmic and remap the hdi then it will be quicker than the st and still give you 50mpg :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
fix it!
Thanks given by:
Sell them both, get something that's quick, cheap to run and reliable!

And when you find that, let me know what it is! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sell the ST for as much as you can get, get it put through a decent garage that will cure it and then when you've done that stick a bigger blower on it boost it good and proper then when you've done that you'll wonder why the f*ck you kept the ST anyway!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 07:57 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Sell the ST... Fix the hdi... Fmic and remap the hdi then it will be quicker than the st and still give you 50mpg :-)
This is exactly what I was going to say! Smile
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
In all fairness, a push bikers faster than a fiesta st and you don't look like as much of a cock on a bike.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
duno, I think a properly done ST is one of the best small hothatches out there...epic chassis and those engines N/A can make +200bhp. Proper bits of kit if done right...

I would still keep the HDi though!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I dot want rid of the hdi I'm planning a big puma speed build for track days and no Ruan it hasn't had a diagnostics yet I'm gunna book it into the garage after Xmas and get literally everything replaced and checked if faulty as I do prefer the 306 for driving but for a thrash the st is by far way better and I dont really trust torsion bars :-( sounds silly but I've had two fairly bad crashes in saxos and both because if lift off owrteer onc the car goes its nai on Impossible to save it when that tear end goes :-( although I was 17 lol and drive abit twattish torsion bars kat scare me cornering at the speeds I do in the st
Thanks given by:
Classic example of why you dont get an HDi!

Hope you fix your problems! I.e get an xud in there
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah all Mechanical hdi's have way to many dodgy electrics !!! It's just sooooo demoralising when it breaks down all the time but I do live it so am reluctant to get rid but at the same time I wanna set it on fire, the ST bless It has never had any issues bar me ruining the second gear synchro with aggressive driving !!!!
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 03:15 PM)RePT Wrote: Classic example of why you dont get an HDi!

Hope you fix your problems! I.e get an xud in there

Classic example of sheer ignorance tbh.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
LOOS is controllable, just don't make the mistake of lifting further or braking, that's when it gets messy. Tbh the key is to not provoke it in the first place lol.

Don't give it up, better the devil you know.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 10:54 PM)Poodle Wrote: LOOS is controllable, just don't make the mistake of lifting further or braking, that's when it gets messy. T

agreed. I made this mistake last night and ended up facing the wrong way on a roundabout. god my arse f*cking went when i saw the road sign coming towards me lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
lol You tit, I had a dream the another night and I spun mine, is that worse?

On a serious note, keep the 306 going, deep down you know you'll regret it BIG time if you got rid!
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, Chris had a bit of a moment on the way out of reading, was properly pissing myself laughing at him. In about 20 meters he want from understeer to oversteer, smoked the front tyres straightening it, then locked up immediately as he realised the light in front was red! Pretty much kept it in lane the whole time though tbf. Rofl
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well the bad crash tbf was the back end going on diesel and I lifted off the other one was me going waaaay to fast into a corner and by the time is even thought of putting the power Down boom in a tree
Thanks given by:
LOOS isn't an issue if you can control it, and in a well set up car, it's very easy to control.

And the HDi will get irritating, but once you find the issue, and then get it mapped, they're awesome machines. At least it starts.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Mine doesn't start lol....... Yet
Thanks given by: