Sticky clutch and Accelarator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticky clutch and Accelarator
Morning chaps,

So on my home last night, the my clutch started to stick. So when I go to change gear, I put it in said gear, then lift and the clutch stays down, and doesn't come back up.

Similar with the accelerator cable too.... But this does come back up, but it feels really sticky and extremely.... spongey at times too.

New cables?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like cables yes. My HDI clutch cable sticks down sometimes just needs a flick with your foot from behind. Only now and again but getting more frequent causes the clutch to slip which is annoying as sometimes it sticks for abit then pops up causing the car to jerk
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Yep, first port of call is the cables
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, I thought it would be. Still learning the ropes with these cars. Fix one issue, then a million more appear out of no where!
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 11:39 AM)davalav Wrote: Cheers guys, I thought it would be. Still learning the ropes with these cars. Fix one issue, then a million more appear out of no where!

Sounds like you know these cars very well actually! lmao
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 11:39 AM)davalav Wrote: Cheers guys, I thought it would be. Still learning the ropes with these cars. Fix one issue, then a million more appear out of no where!
atleast you get to fix one first, that happens even before the first one has been fixed usually!
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I wish... I know basics. But I like to post just to see if any one else has had the same or similar issue! I hate being in doubt, leaving it and then it gets worse!

[/quote]atleast you get to fix one first, that happens even before the first one has been fixed usually![/quote]

Hahaha! A few weeks ago I had air in the fuel system, accidentially over tightened and snapped a bolt on top of the fuel filter housing! Got some uprated bolts, fixed that then chronic boost leaks! Turns out it was the D seal. Fixed that now the steering whines and the clutch and accelerator stick!!! Angry
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sticky Stat? 4WayDiablo 13 3,219 04-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo
  Sticky residue in Bosch LDA Kwik 9 2,072 26-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Kwik