Changing Cars - Why Is It So Hard?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Cars - Why Is It So Hard?
Got JJ's car on sunday and has been ok til today but now I'm finding myself wanting to be driving the old one again :-(

Why can't I just be happy when I get a new car :/
Thanks given by:
So you're finally admitting you bought it then? lol

I think when you come to the meet at the weekend and everyone starts expressing their jealousy at your phase 3 XUD winnings you'll feel a bit better about it Wink
Thanks given by:
I always get this....the grass is always greener on the other side. You always find faults/niggles/scratches etc you didn't notice before and prefer your old heap instead................ But then you get used to it in a few weeks lol.

Change isn't good.
Thanks given by:
its a massive trade off for me...

1.8 = awesome noise, how i want it but with horrendous MPG and not enough room.
hdi estate = loads of room, high MPG but its boring and not how i want it yet! D:
Thanks given by:
TBH i dont find myself missing any of the petrols for their engines although i miss the scene associated with the PO-LOW where random people in other vags would flash and wave at me. I miss the cabriogays and the driving round at 3am with the roof off and the heaters full blast.

Tom is right, the grass is always greener. I suppose alot of the time you think youve bought a good one and it turns out to be shit and costs you far too much (both time and money) to fix its issues.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Tom is right, the grass is always greener. I suppose alot of the time you think youve bought a good one and it turns out to be shit and costs you far too much (both time and money) to fix its issues.

This is ALL the time for some of us. lol

I don't actually miss many of my cars right now (except the 1.4....but I dont miss the car, it was slow and pretty unreliable, I miss the 'me' when I had that car) - just when I get a new'un I prefer the old one - I still actually prefer Rowells estate over my own at the moment, even though its an odd shape and a crap colour with noisy injectors haha - we fixed it between us and it managed to get me further than any car, ever. But I'll give it a few weeks I'm sure the china will grow on me, I hated the diablo so much to start with lol.
Thanks given by:
I honestly can't understand why anyone would want to change cars every few months like some people on here and .net. Buy the right car, and STICK with it. In July I'll have had my beastie for 4 years and I haven't even begun to fulfill it's potential. It's absolutely perfect for me and every mod gives it a new lease of life, so essentially everytime I make a mod it feels like a slightly different car anyway. Why people would want to go to the hassle of swapping V5s, insurance and tax about like theres no tommorrow is beyond my comprehension.
Thanks given by:
the grass isalways greener, but sometimes its not full of shit
Thanks given by:
Oddly i think it might be the BMW I miss the most. Just the stupidity of the whole thing.

Your right though tom, alot of the nostalgia about cars isnt actually the car its the personal feelings and the events we associate with them. Your blue one will do you fine, it is a better colour and Ill buy you dinner if (when) it brings you to an ace cafe meet in the new year.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:30 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I honestly can't understand why anyone would want to change cars every few months like some people on here and .net. Buy the right car, and STICK with it. In July I'll have had my beastie for 4 years and I haven't even begun to fulfill it's potential. It's absolutely perfect for me and every mod gives it a new lease of life, so essentially everytime I make a mod it feels like a slightly different car anyway. Why people would want to go to the hassle of swapping V5s, insurance and tax about like theres no tommorrow is beyond my comprehension.

Don't you get that 'urge' for something new though? Most aspects of my life are boring - I dont drink, smoke, drugs, party, club, dont have any hobbies, so the car is basically it - so want to change it quite often. Tongue But a lot of the time I've changed cars because i needed to, either due to so many faults they're not worth fixing, or because I needed something more economical, or becuase I needed something for a planned project, or for a stop gap when I break the others....I've had like 4 stop gaps now haha.

I dont mind V5s or tax tbh, the bit I hate is the hassle of meeting people to buy and sell the car. And the cost of changing insurance...and the 15 minute phone call to india to swap my insurance over.

(28-11-2012, 07:41 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Your blue one will do you fine, it is a better colour and Ill buy you dinner if (when) it brings you to an ace cafe meet in the new year.

I'm fairly certain it won't be taking me to Ace.........I'd like to think I'll get there eventually though - not that i'd want though dinner haha.
Thanks given by:
I miss it Sad

Do you not like it?
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 07:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Tom is right, the grass is always greener. I suppose alot of the time you think youve bought a good one and it turns out to be shit and costs you far too much (both time and money) to fix its issues.

This is ALL the time for some of us. lol

I don't actually miss many of my cars right now (except the 1.4....but I dont miss the car, it was slow and pretty unreliable, I miss the 'me' when I had that car) - just when I get a new'un I prefer the old one - I still actually prefer Rowells estate over my own at the moment, even though its an odd shape and a crap colour with noisy injectors haha - we fixed it between us and it managed to get me further than any car, ever. But I'll give it a few weeks I'm sure the china will grow on me, I hated the diablo so much to start with lol.

admission that my estate is epic! TMI
Thanks given by:
Well, thats not quite what I said. Tongue

It could be though.....if you ever get a project thread up for it. lol
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm fairly certain it won't be taking me to Ace.........I'd like to think I'll get there eventually though - not that i'd want though dinner haha.

One day mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:57 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I miss it Sad

Do you not like it?

I do like it but at the same time I miss my other one and I'm just confused about it tbh. I like the power it has and despite being lower it makes less noise than my other one.

Think I'm going to give it a few days, go to the xmas meet so i get a proper drive in it then see how I feel. I feel it might be too low though because of the roads round here.
Thanks given by:
I want first refusal if you sell...
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 08:36 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I want first refusal if you sell...
lmao

FFS
Thanks given by:
I hate changing cars TBH, especially the hassle of selling them/swapping over insurance ect. I miss most of my old cars aswell, especially the Sigma 6 and the Ronker Sad

Sent from my rubbish BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
i was glad to see the back of the Dturbo, as that thing was well rotten sadly. laugh is someone who bought it decided to spray it mg ZR yellow. so it haunted me around here for about 2 years after i parted company with it. not nice seeing your old car been painted an odd ball colour with a shitty max power kit on it.
i still wish i had weighed that fucker instead.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 11:02 PM)procta Wrote: especially the Sigma 6
Even I miss your sigma 6! lol
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't you get that 'urge' for something new though? Most aspects of my life are boring - I dont drink, smoke, drugs, party, club, dont have any hobbies, so the car is basically it - so want to change it quite often.

I get that, I do smoke but other than my fags and my car I have no other luxuries. I have no lady to wine and dine, can't stand drugs used to smoke the occasional reefer but that's as far as it went as 9 times out of 10 I ended up hugging the toilet because I'd had a whitey.

Funnily enough I've just had this argument with one of my friends (female) who smokes weed, she doesn't go out anywhere, and only really has me as a friend, she wanted me to meet her at Spilsby tomorrow but as this is my skint week I've got feck all petrol in the car probably just enough to tide me over until Sunday but got into a real f*cking argument because I smoke and because of my smokes I'm broke so therefore she's decided that I need to quit smoking so that I have some cash put aside.

I told her I'd happily quit smoking if she quit smoking weed..."But I'm not struggling for cash therefore I don't need to give up...You're broke so you do need to pack the fags in"

My response to this argument: You have your weed, that's your luxury...I don't drink, don't do drugs and I've got f*ck all else really, therefore my fags are my only luxury.

But I totally agree with the wanting a change every now and again...I've got the V-Dub at the minute but I really want a '6 or a Rallye but I know I'll probably never be in the position to get one although I did have a look at an Astor XSi a few week back at £500 but it needed a new headgasket straight away so walked away from it.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Smoking isn't a luxury, it's a bad habit and is bad for your health. Yes weed is bad but her solution to you not having money is pretty simple and she has a valid point. Driving is a luxury and is often a necessity for work.
Thanks given by:
Smoking is bloody stupid. End of
Thanks given by:
Smoking is bad, yes.
Smoking weed is not (except being illegal)

Everyone presumes that it ruins your life, bankrupts you etc. But for me, while smoking it I managed to pass my college course at a decent standard, I go out with friends 90% of the time, I have a job, I pay other things before the smokables and I like to think I am a fairly decent person.

Its just the stereotype of a stoner being lazy, unemployed, council house, in and out of jail etc etc

Sorry if gone off topic
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by: