*Rant* People...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Rant* People...
...are lady gardens. And can't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Honestly, how does anyone ever manage to do anything!?

I've never been a fan of people, but this last couple of weeks has been ridiculous.

Firstly scrapping the car shell, not difficult realy:

Phone up scrapyard, organise collection 'ASAP'. They never came. Go over in person to organise collection a week later, watch him write it down and even specify a day this time....never turned up again. Sod it, ask another scrappy, they order it for 10-12am Thursday, awesome, time and date, how can they go wrong.....well 8am I get a call, 'we'll be there in 20 mins' 'erm what?' 'yeah 20 mins, see you soon'. So I shit and shower quickly and head to my Nans where the car is...guess what they didn't turn up either. Eventually at 11.50 hw turned up at the wrong house, albeit the right road. So finally got that shifted! Undecided

Then, in sainsburys:

There was a girl shelf stacking with a precarious pile of CDs on a trolley...well basically they all fell off, I offered to help but as most people do she said 'no, its fine'...I couldn't just leave it though with my OCD lol so helped her anyway - she got in a grump and stormed off with her trolley, no thanks or anything! Dodgy

A few days later in another supermarket:

It was windy, a huge cardboard advertiser with magasines at the front of the shop blew down in front of me, so I did the normal polite thing and picked it up.....the security guard came over shouting at me for knocking it over and to be more careful!? Confused

Then mondays courier issue really topped it off:

Basically I had 3 items for different couriers - had a family emergency and had to go out - so left the parcels in my porch for collection. No-one can see them from the road so I assumed that'd be alright. Anyway I get back and all the parcels had gone - only one collection note though, from Yodel (I do know the yodel courier quite well now). Thought it was odd so checked the tracker - hermes tracker doesn't really work anyway. Citylink tracker said the parcel had been collected - nice of him to leave a collection note then! Thought no more of it till yesterday, the hermes courier delivered a package and apologised a lot about missing my collection package the day before, he said something about it being down as a delivery rather than collection which confused the situation. So - I contact CityLink to ask if their courier accidentally picked up two parcels, seeing as citylink dont have a barcode to scan and didn't leave a note - but apparently 'Raj' on behalf of their courier has checked and the courier says he didn't take the extra parcel - I can't contact the courier himself directly.

So now either the courier picked it up, realised his mistake and kept or chucked the parcel somewhere, or some lady garden has come up to my door and stolen it (albeit in the very short space of time that i was out and that two other couriers came).

What the f*ck is wrong with people! Huh

/rant.
Thanks given by:
Man up and stop being nice!!
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
oh god . . . . .i can't believe i just sat and read that . .wtf is wrong with me? . . . . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 10:08 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Man up and stop being nice!!

That does look like the only option tbh! lol
Thanks given by:
Trust me it works lol treat others how they wish to be treated in these cases like shit so stand ur ground
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
F*cking hell your life is complicated.

Wait until you meet a woman.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Maybe its you that's the lady garden?
Thanks given by:
"I've never been a fan of people" - I think this is one of your best quotes yet.. They aren't all that bad!
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 10:34 AM)sean-306 Wrote: Maybe its you that's the lady garden?

Probably! Tongue

(28-11-2012, 10:36 AM)vlj Wrote: They aren't all that bad!

Nah not all of them tbh...just ones round here I guess! Dodgy

As for the courier though...can I do anything about that? Obviously it's my 'fault' for leaving things in what I assumed was a fairly safe place - but is there anything at all I can do about it? Does the Hermes insurance cover that? I guess it wont seeing as their courier failed to even bother collecting it...?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, general consensus - stop being nice... I've come to realise that generally unless you know someone, there's no point in really putting yourself out, they tend to be awkward and unthankful and just think you're weird for helping... The ONLY people who are ever thankful for lending a hand are old people... Shame really..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
^ and even then, alot of old people dont give a f*ck, they just expect you to help them cuz they're old...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 10:03 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I've never been a fan of people

Tom you make me laugh so much dude.

Looks like alot of people arent a fan of you.

We love you though and thats all that matters.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 04:14 PM)Ruan Wrote: ...The ONLY people who are ever thankful for lending a hand are old people... Shame really..

Bullshit, the most selfish, obnoxious, ungrateful sods i know are all old, and the ones i don't know and have to put up with in daily life. Pissed off with it now, have given up being nice.

One of my favourites from recent times: was out shopping and some old bat turned her trolley into the crowded aisle i was in, looked at me then deliberately looked the other way and pushed the trolley forwards down the aisle. I guessed what was coming so just braced myself, sure enough the trolley bounced off my legs two seconds later. Best bit was she then bounced off the handle of the trolley and went over backwards. Me being the kindly and forgiving soul i am, i helped her up and advised "you want to be more careful love, you'll break your hip like that". I've never seen someone say "thank you" while grinding their teeth and going purple before. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
hahaha amazing!

Thanks given by:
Poodle amazing. I do that for the people who cant control their children in the supermarket, dont move just hold the trolley still and hope that the child will see it but inevitably they dont.

"Oh easy there kiddo, you need to look where your going" then to the mother "you need to keep a hold of them better, my mother would never of let me run about like that where i could get hurt (maybe grow another 5 arms so you can hold all 7 of your children)"
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 04:14 PM)Ruan Wrote: Yeah, general consensus - stop being nice... I've come to realise that generally unless you know someone, there's no point in really putting yourself out, they tend to be awkward and unthankful and just think you're weird for helping... The ONLY people who are ever thankful for lending a hand are old people... Shame really..

this. thats why im a horrible lady garden. ive also realised that you also need to be careful how nice you are to your friends recently!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'm just generally too nice then it would seem............until I get behind the wheel of a car lol. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeh thats a massive f*ck up with the parcels mate D: problem with lots of couriers coming at once i guess! D: Helping in the shop is just rude of the girl and the security guy. Even if it was your fault knocking it over it was good of you to pick them up. I constantly see people in Liverpool Tesco just knocking things over and not putting them back! The piss take is the student shop at uni... they have a shelf system for biscuits and crisps like this

| OOO
| OOOO
|OOOOOO
========

so as soon as that front one goes everything falls off the fecking shelf and there is no way of putting it back on without taking about 20 minutes reconstructing the entire shelf! D:

but yeh dw... youre not going too mad! just dont be as helpful to rude people and make sure you hassle the couriers... but then again you werent in at the time so... its kind of your own fault!
Thanks given by:
Cool story bro.

Tell it again?

ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Btw it wasnt my fault with the sign lol, the wind genuinely blew it over as I walked towards it! Confused

Dont really know what to do with the parcel thing...don't know if theres anything I can do. I did try getting on to city link again but they're adamant that they're perfect courier man wouldn't have taken it. Rolleyes And as I have no proof can't say either way whether he did or didnt.

It wasnt an expensive parcel luckily (but if theyre expensive I make sure I'm in for those) but thats not the point. :/

(28-11-2012, 06:58 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Cool story bro.

Tell it again?

ninja

There'll be a much more cool story coming in the next few days...Im trying to fine tune it currently (its a serious thread though...not just one like this lol) - for the 10% of people that may help I'm sure there'll be 90% of replies like that lol.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 06:53 PM)SRowell Wrote: ! The piss take is the student shop at uni... they have a shelf system for biscuits and crisps like this

| OOO
| OOOO
|OOOOOO
========

so as soon as that front one goes everything falls off the fecking shelf and there is no way of putting it back on without taking about 20 minutes reconstructing the entire shelf! D:

Dude seriously youve just drawn a shelving system using letters on a f*cking car forum

Get
A
Life
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Dear SRowell

You have received a warning from the staff of 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum.
--
For this shocking and outrageous behaviour, I mean come on youve drawn a shelving system for f*cking biscuits for christs sake
--

D:
Thanks given by:
to be fair, he has a point.

Thanks given by:
Lol at the above...

Anyway, update on the courier situation. Contacted Hermes earlier and they have no record of the parcel at all!

I wrote a very apologetic E-mail to the should-be recipient of the light cluster, explaining the situation, saying that I would endevour to locate the parcel and if not, would refund his money.

Heres the reply I got:

Quote:Hi Tom,

Thanks for your contact and explaining the situation, however, I am pleased to say that the item has already arrived (yesterday) so guess it must have been picked up and delivered fine. Let me know if you need any more info to help you work out what happened but otherwise, it all looks fine to me so thanks very much!

Cheers
ebayer

So its been delivered! Confused lol No idea how with no records of it...but he seems happy with it! lmao
Thanks given by:
Nice resault mate looks like you sold the item to a very genuine honest person glad its worked out for you Smile

Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 05:00 PM)spike2002 Wrote: Nice resault mate looks like you sold the item to a very genuine honest person glad its worked out for you Smile

Yeah, I did thank him for his honesty tbf, I know several people would've just taken the refund - although it was only a tenner so not much but obviously thats not the point.

Just a shame not everyone on ebay is as honest, judging from your thread. Sad
Thanks given by:
Yh mate ive had enuff of ebay and paypal if i dont get my money back then im done with them will shut both accounts down as its a joke Sad

Thanks given by:
tom sounds to me you need to step back and say f*ck it or bollox and let people get on with it., works for me!
lass who was stacking the trolley mite have been on her PMT or having a shite shift.
scrap pickup is sods law.
also id have said that pos blew down, if you dont believe me check your cameras,
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 05:22 PM)procta Wrote: tom sounds to me you need to step back and say f*ck it or bollox and let people get on with it., works for me!
lass who was stacking the trolley mite have been on her PMT or having a shite shift.
scrap pickup is sods law.
also id have said that pos blew down, if you dont believe me check your cameras,

It's a shame that this does seem to be the general attitude these days. Sad

Oh and I dont have the confidence to answer back/rebel against people with more power than myself like the security guard.....
Thanks given by:
yay! see things are going your way tom Tongue
Thanks given by: