2krpm hesitation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2krpm hesitation
It's intermittent, but it's definitely there.

Car is a 2001 HDi on 94k with a stage 1 ProSteve remap.

It's been very wet around here lately, just wondering if this could have affected a sensor? Serviced only in September so shouldn't be being caused by a dirty filter etc.

It's not causing me any problems just yet, but it is getting annoying when accelerating.

Fuel tank is virtually full too, so it's not that. No engine management light.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Try the logical things, such as unplugging your MAF and seeing if the hesitation is gone.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Saw the title was expecting the poster to be Ed lol

...........think it may be you elephant breather pipe troll lol lol lol lol
Thanks given by:
Did it do it before the remap?

Did you visit Steve, or do a remote one.

If you visited (recently) maybe ask Steve to have a look over the sensor logs to see if anything might show up there (ie, dodgy sensor readings or anything out of the ordinary)

If it was remote, revert to standard and see if it's still there.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks given by:
Dave,

Bought with the remap file already installed earlier this year. I have the cable and the software but wouldn't have a clue how to un-map it myself or anything.

If it starts doing it then a quick prod with the throttle will soon clear it. I may just get used to it until it gets worse as I fear taking things apart will only cause more problems!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
When I originally had the remap on my HDi I was having hesitation issues (also when cruising at constant speed). It turned out to be a perished seal that had found its way into the high pressure fuel pump, causing loss of fuel pressure in the common rail.

Eventually got to the point where it would go into limp home mode in hard accel as the ECU was detecting low fuel pressure.

Was sorted by having a garage strip and clean the high pressure pump.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hesitation at 3k Paul_13 14 1,876 02-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Hesitation and "misfire" at 3k and above Paul_13 15 2,876 29-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Peugeot 306 hdi missfire/hesitation paulpope33 26 4,805 17-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Last Post: paulpope33