Coppers and why I dislike them immensely!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coppers and why I dislike them immensely!
I have never broken the law ever in any way shape or form
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What is this law you speak of?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
lol

InkedMuttley - so you have broken the law then. Tongue

Denial, it's just terrible guys. lmao
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Maybe look at it that 1 in 10 cars is uninsured so if he pulls over 10 drivers in a night then hes going to be able to seize a car off one of them.

D'oh, Police logic for ya!

Probability doesn't work like that. LOL.

I wonder if this is how all Police officers think? Might help explain why they're not very good at catching people.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Policeman take my 'erb
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 07:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Maybe look at it that 1 in 10 cars is uninsured so if he pulls over 10 drivers in a night then hes going to be able to seize a car off one of them.

But the point with that is that 9/10 completely innocent people are being pulled!

I know police have a job to do and need to fill quotas or whatever, but IMO thats the wrong way to go about it. Say for instance someone has dodgy tracking, and a worn tyre edge that theyve just noticed but cant afford until payday - assume theyre insured and everything, they'll get pulled, 3 points to thier licence and a fine on top of the expense of the tyre and tracking that they were already having to save for - for no other reason than the policemans bored.

If theyre flashing up on the ANPR or driving like bellend fair enough, but I hate the fact that they can pull you any time without a reason.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 09:38 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

But the point with that is that 9/10 completely innocent people are being pulled!

I know police have a job to do and need to fill quotas or whatever, but IMO thats the wrong way to go about it. Say for instance someone has dodgy tracking, and a worn tyre edge that theyve just noticed but cant afford until payday - assume theyre insured and everything, they'll get pulled, 3 points to thier licence and a fine on top of the expense of the tyre and tracking that they were already having to save for - for no other reason than the policemans bored.

If theyre flashing up on the ANPR or driving like bellend fair enough, but I hate the fact that they can pull you any time without a reason.

If you know you have a bold tyre then your breaking the law so yes theyre just doing their job. Doesn't matter if your saving for it you should park your car up and walk.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just cos its the end of the week and payday might be tomorrow, doesnt make it right to steal a loaf of bread...
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:57 AM)Jonny b Wrote: I have never broken the law ever in any way shape or form

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

How fast were you going to catch us up on the way to pugfest?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
id be only to pleased to be stopped in my car not a problem

stopping the car to do doc checks is good
as the car may be yours and insured but someone might have taken it driving without insurance
get them stopped i say
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 11:16 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 09:38 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

If you know you have a bold tyre then your breaking the law so yes theyre just doing their job. Doesn't matter if your saving for it you should park your car up and walk.

You don't live in a rural area do you? It does frustrate me when people say 'if you cant afford it walk or get the bus' - its just not possible. Busses here are every 4 hours - thats like 3 a day lol oh and none on sundays, hardly useful, plus if you wanted to go anywhere other than the town centre youd have to wait at the bus depot for another one. And I don't think you're gonna walk the 10/15 miles to town. And then back again.

Also, I didn't say bald, I said worn shoulder, yes technically it's illegal, but it's not gonna make much difference tbh and its hardly a major crime when theres people going about robbing stuff and raping people.

(28-11-2012, 11:56 AM)sean-306 Wrote: Just cos its the end of the week and payday might be tomorrow, doesnt make it right to steal a loaf of bread...

What? I didnt say steal a tyre.... Using your analogy, I'm saying go without bread till the end of the week, which is a normal thing to do isn't it, going without until you can afford something.

(28-11-2012, 01:10 PM)cully Wrote: id be only to pleased to be stopped in my car not a problem

stopping the car to do doc checks is good
as the car may be yours and insured but someone might have taken it driving without insurance
get them stopped i say

We drive 306s...who'd want to steal those? Tongue
Thanks given by:
my point was, its illegal to drive with bald tyres as its illegal to steal...
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 06:32 PM)sean-306 Wrote: my point was, its illegal to drive with bald tyres as its illegal to steal...

Its also illegal to drive at 31mph through a village or 71mph anywhere in Britain. But they're hardly worth persuing when theres much worse crimes being committed.

The speeding one does annoy me actually - even 3/4/5mph over the limit is barely anything, but they'll still fine and point you for it, ridiculous imo.
Thanks given by:
youre allowed 10% over iirc... or theyre less inclined to pull you

And tbf, i think you knew what mypoint was, you just felt like being pedantic?
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 06:40 PM)sean-306 Wrote: youre allowed 10% over iirc... or theyre less inclined to pull you

And tbf, i think you knew what mypoint was, you just felt like being pedantic?

Sometimes you're allowed 10% but it depends on the local councils afaik. My Mum got caught at 33mph in a 30, first offence, fine and points - which is ridiculous.

You should know I'm always pedantic, but your point was wrong - stealing is worse than driving with a slightly dodgy tyre. I've driven with low tread tyres, I wouldn't steal bread.
Thanks given by:
Same difference though!! Still illegal. Id steal a loaf of bread but i wouldnt kill the shop keeper!
Thanks given by:
Do coppers have voice recorders running 24/7?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 06:48 PM)sean-306 Wrote: Same difference though!! Still illegal. Id steal a loaf of bread but i wouldnt kill the shop keeper!

But what if the shop keeper saw you steal it........you may have no choice then. ninja
Thanks given by:
intresting hypothesis
Thanks given by:
So what your saying is that it should be OK to steal 10% of a loaf of bread (whats that, 2-3 slices?)

That thing about tyres and living in a village is horse shit. Unless you drive like an utter hooligan tyres wear gradually over time and if you regularly inspected your vehicle to make sure it was in a safe and roadworthy condition youd notice the tyres were wearing and know to save up for a new set.
Thanks given by:
You've mixed up the posts there Chris!!

Tyres wear whereever you are lol. Although the edges on mine probably do wear more due to the constant hard B road cornering due to to living out here now you mention it. lol

But the other point was when you live in a rural village you can't get anywhere without a car. We're already 'penalised' with having to buy more fuel (and if you bought it locally you'd be paying £1.47 a litre for diesel atm!) I just don't find it 'fair' for cops to wait in a certain car park picking on people TRYING to find something illegal about thier vehicle.

Maybe I'm not getting the point across properly - what I'm trying to say is they could let small things slide, everyone does illegal things, whether thats running a low tyre that they can't afford at the time, speeding as they're late for something or test driving a car without insurance becuse it would cost huge amounts for day insurance and you dont want to buy a dog. Waiting for someone to pass and pulling them is (IMO) bullying, using thier 'power' to feel big over other people, just because they can. In my opinion you should only be stopped if you're actually commiting a noticeable offence at the time - driving at 70 thorugh a 30, flashing on the ANPR as a stolen car or being a tailgating Audi wanker for example. Just leave the people alone that're minding thier own business, not causing any problem for other people.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So what your saying is that it should be OK to steal 10% of a loaf of bread (whats that, 2-3 slices?)

TBF, you get 10% free on loads of stuff nowadays! Big boxes of cereal is normally about 25 percent free too!

which is about 35% of breakfast sorted.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Maybe I'm not getting the point across properly - what I'm trying to say is they could let small things slide, everyone does illegal things, whether thats running a low tyre that they can't afford at the time, speeding as they're late for something or test driving a car without insurance becuse it would cost huge amounts for day insurance and you dont want to buy a dog. Waiting for someone to pass and pulling them is (IMO) bullying, using thier 'power' to feel big over other people, just because they can. In my opinion you should only be stopped if you're actually commiting a noticeable offence at the time - driving at 70 thorugh a 30, flashing on the ANPR as a stolen car or being a tailgating Audi wanker for example. Just leave the people alone that're minding thier own business, not causing any problem for other people.

You guys have it tough up by you with police as theres less crime for them to deal with so they actually get alot more time to go and pull over cars. IIRC The last time I pulled a car over was at 3am because we were too busy with 999 calls before that and we didnt find out it was uninsured till we started doing some checks. Also didnt notice the stench of cannabis till we pulled it over either.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You've mixed up the posts there Chris!!

Tyres wear whereever you are lol. Although the edges on mine probably do wear more due to the constant hard B road cornering due to to living out here now you mention it. lol

But the other point was when you live in a rural village you can't get anywhere without a car. We're already 'penalised' with having to buy more fuel (and if you bought it locally you'd be paying £1.47 a litre for diesel atm!) I just don't find it 'fair' for cops to wait in a certain car park picking on people TRYING to find something illegal about thier vehicle.

Maybe I'm not getting the point across properly - what I'm trying to say is they could let small things slide, everyone does illegal things, whether thats running a low tyre that they can't afford at the time, speeding as they're late for something or test driving a car without insurance becuse it would cost huge amounts for day insurance and you dont want to buy a dog. Waiting for someone to pass and pulling them is (IMO) bullying, using thier 'power' to feel big over other people, just because they can. In my opinion you should only be stopped if you're actually commiting a noticeable offence at the time - driving at 70 thorugh a 30, flashing on the ANPR as a stolen car or being a tailgating Audi wanker for example. Just leave the people alone that're minding thier own business, not causing any problem for other people.

Fail logic fails immensely :palmface:

With relation to the point I've highlighted... Nobody MAKES you live in the sticks, therefore claiming you are being penalised is bo11ocks.

Here's another example for you. Your car gets stolen, (it IS insured, taxed and MOT'd - therefore passes the ANPR check) a police officer randomly stop checks it. He realises it's stolen and you get your car back. Still whinging about being stop checked? Knowing you, probably.

And I agree with Dum, if you check your car as regularly as you are meant to you would notice the uneven wear and buy a new tyre. Therefore when stop checked there is nothing for them to fine you for.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
tom would moan more about how much mpg the theives used! and then would no doubt mentionthat the golf was never stolen!
Thanks given by:
If you get pulled then you get pulled don't ya? I've had 5 pulls in the 405 they shit me up 'cos I think I've done something wrong even though that's not the case. Routine checks don't just catch criminals, they get peoples cars sorted like bulbs, tyres, no seatbelt, correct child seats, mobile phone, fog lights, lane hoggers. They're not just out there to make everyones life a mysery, serve and protect no? Who else is going to do it? Do the dumb people who don't check their cars pay attention to random people flashing their lights to indicate they have a headlight out? Probably not.

As said, I hate being pulled, who wouldn't? And especially with a past like mine, I've had panda cars blatantly single me out of whatever other cars are around at rush hour, I've had 2 traffic cars and a motorbike all pile down on me before for a routine (the area was full of them to start with, I knew this) and many other pulls. Its not nice when you know they singled you out, but then they could single out the car 2 miles behind you. Its just pot luck. I'm inclined to agree that it could be seen as harassment but really, why, when it could be some next guy getting pulled? How many people get pulled every year?

Ps, you should of just told him your name was double barelled, don't be an ass and make him ask for ur lisence. Soon as I get pulled I grab my docs and hand them over.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 08:10 PM)burnmw Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 07:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You've mixed up the posts there Chris!!

Fail logic fails immensely :palmface:

With relation to the point I've highlighted... Nobody MAKES you live in the sticks, therefore claiming you are being penalised is bo11ocks.

Here's another example for you. Your car gets stolen, (it IS insured, taxed and MOT'd - therefore passes the ANPR check) a police officer randomly stop checks it. He realises it's stolen and you get your car back. Still whinging about being stop checked? Knowing you, probably.

And I agree with Dum, if you check your car as regularly as you are meant to you would notice the uneven wear and buy a new tyre. Therefore when stop checked there is nothing for them to fine you for.

Well actually....I don't choose to live in such a shit place, I was born into it, hardly my choice! But that's for another thread.

If my car was stolen I would phone the police, they would add it to the anpr database as stolen so yes it would flag up on the anpr. Therefore no need to pull randomers for that reason.

And you've still all missed the point with the tyre - the person can't afford to replace it, regardless of how many times they look at it. Rolleyes but its not causing anyone harm.
Thanks given by:
not everyone realises their car is stolen straight away, some people go out without their car!! Get ya head round that one tom!!

Till it explodes ormakes the car understeer into an ethnic minority
Thanks given by:
You're gonna notice its gone within a day surely?

If not maybe you don't need a car anyway. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
people go on holiday

i dont see my car all week either
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coppers in Lincolnshire! InkedMuttley 35 12,260 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Toms306