Ebay rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay rant
I listed a flute of all things on ebay as a uk auction only and sold it for £318
The bloke who won it was in the usa Sad
Being the bloke i am i agreed to send it to him all was good untill he opend a dispute on ebay and got the funds froze in my account saying that i didnt supply a key to the box so he cannot open the flute. even tho it has never had a key and wasnt locked

So he sends the flute back costing him $185 and tells me i have to pay the return postage? WTF so i ring paypal and they confirm hes responsable for the return postage.

So i tell the buyer this and he demands a refund of return postage or he is going take me to a small claims court in Washington dc in about 20 messages
So i decided i will just ignore him Big Grin
I recieve the flute back and the lady garden has took parts out of it AngryAngry
So now he wants a full refund including postage of the £318 and $185 to post it back to me and he has stole aload of parts out of it AngryAngryAngryCensoredCensoredCensored

So i ring paypal up and they say i have to go and file a police report with my local police station so i go do this and file it on the dispute

Acording to paypal i will get refunded the £318 that is froze in my account and dont have to send the item back to him as he is oviously scamming
Just got to wate for paypal to decide the out come of it all now Sad

Anyone else had this experiance and did you get your money back?

If he wins this thru paypal a mass troll i think is in order Big Grin

Thanks given by:
wow, thats a whole other level of scamming man! good luck with it dude
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
That Is totally shit man. Why would you steal parts to get a refund in postage, as he will only have to post those too
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Its been a nightmare the last few weeks constantly on the phone to paypal and recieving emails off this guy demanding $185 for return postage or court action
I just hope paypal decide im my favor and he ends up with no money and loses the rest of the item the parts he sent back. its was a rare vintage flute that i sold and hes oviously took the rarer parts out of it then sent it backSad
The police didnt want to know when i went to report it but i gave them no choice i made them give me a crime number as hes basicly trying to scam me Sad

And to top it off i had to pay customs £20 in charges to recieve the flute back from the usa Sad

Thanks given by:
something like this happened to me with some bike parts that I had ordered and payed for the sheriff dept was very helpful and sorted it very quickly for me, might be worth a call if it goes too far
Thanks given by:
that is a whole new level. ebay is as bad as gumtree nowadays lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 06:24 PM)Kwik Wrote: that is a whole new level. ebay is as bad as gumtree nowadays lol

Agreed. its becoming too much hassle to sell on there. seems everyones out to try and scam!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just be very carefull with posting stuff out of the country i wont be doing it agen put it that way Sad

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 06:27 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Just be very carefull with posting stuff out of the country i wont be doing it agen put it that way Sad

yeah i had this. I sold a few Jaguar racing shirts a few years back that my old man got from work. Some guy from Japan paid the BIN price straight away for all 5 and then said i need you to post them even though i said i wouldnt out of the country. Cost him £40 to get them sent to him. Once he received them (i checked the tracking), he then told me they were fakes and he had reported me to the police and claimed the money back from paypal. Luckily, they said they believed me because my selling patterns didnt match them of someone who sells fake clothing apparently!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
tbh the way i use ebay now i look i get the best price i pay and get it delivered. and if i need to sell i try every way but ebay lol
Thanks given by:
I had a problem like this a while back sold a in car dvd player the guy who bought it complained said it was faulty so I said if he returned it I would give him a refund when I got it back the warrent void sicker on the case was broke and some bits were missing so I refused to refund, he opened a case in the end I ended up give a refund with some money knocked off for the missing bits, but I made sure I delayed the money going to his account for around 2 weeks bit shit really as he had clearly been inside the case of the dvd player and messed around with it but I had no proof the seal wasnt broke before I sent it Sad

Thanks given by:
i have pictures of before i sent the item and pictures of how it is now with the parts missing and he has oinched parts off the case its self by pulling a pin out Sad bloody lady gardens

Thanks given by:
Bottom line is that people are lady gardens.
Thanks given by:
Well looks like a full police report stating the item was recieved back with parts missing and now is worthless isnt enuff to stop the scammer paypal have decided to refund the buyer fuming is a understatement now im £318 down a unsaleable item and its cost me £52 as ive been charged £20 from customs to recieve it back and £32 it cost me to post the item to him Sad

Thanks given by:
lady gardens I would just set new eBay up an PayPal
Thanks given by:
i would ring paypal and ask them what on earth they playing at
Thanks given by:
thats f*cking shit that!! f*cking robbing yank! id have sent paypal the photos of what you had returned to you.
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 03:45 PM)procta Wrote: thats f*cking shit that!! f*cking robbing yank! id have sent paypal the photos of what you had returned to you.

I did mate along with a police report Sad proper f*cked me up money wise now esp with christmas not far away now Sad

Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 03:47 PM)spike2002 Wrote:
(30-11-2012, 03:45 PM)procta Wrote: thats f*cking shit that!! f*cking robbing yank! id have sent paypal the photos of what you had returned to you.

I did mate along with a police report Sad proper f*cked me up money wise now esp with christmas not far away now Sad

i hope karma bite him hard on the arse for what hes done! the fuckin yank!
Thanks given by:
did any of you see the watchdog report on bbc1 this morning paypal are messing loads of customers around keeping your money for security checks etc was worth watching dont know if its on catch up tv?
Thanks given by:
So massive trolling now on??!! What a bell end, you can appeal aginst the out come, not sure how but its worth looking in to.

Thanks given by:
So....whats his ebay name? We don't want to get to get f*cked over by him......
Thanks given by:
Rite im going to appeal this if i dont get anywhere then mass troll is in order Smile

Thanks given by:
I'd get on to paypal find out wtf they're playing at.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
And name and shame Smile

Thanks given by:
Weigh the rest of the flute in and use the money to pay some local yank hoodlums to go and pop a cap in his ass?
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Firstly you need to lodge a complaint with the Financhial Ombudsman, this is free for you to do (little bit of paperwork)

Whats important to note is that as soon as the complaint is in PayPal are required (by law) to pay the Ombudsman near £500 to have it investigated (they don't get this money back).

For info on making the complaint (and taking some revenge on Paypal) see here:
http://www.ukauctionhelp.co.uk/ppchargeback.php

Secondly you can take paypal to the small claims court.
It does cost abit to put your case thru, but because of the small amount of money involved you're highly likely to get an out of court settlement. (because it will cost more than £318 for paypal to have a lawyer even look at the case, let alone take it on and turn up in court to defend them)
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2012, 10:29 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Firstly you need to lodge a complaint with the Financhial Ombudsman, this is free for you to do (little bit of paperwork)

Whats important to note is that as soon as the complaint is in PayPal are required (by law) to pay the Ombudsman near £500 to have it investigated (they don't get this money back).

For info on making the complaint (and taking some revenge on Paypal) see here:
http://www.ukauctionhelp.co.uk/ppchargeback.php

Secondly you can take paypal to the small claims court.
It does cost abit to put your case thru, but because of the small amount of money involved you're highly likely to get an out of court settlement. (because it will cost more than £318 for paypal to have a lawyer even look at the case, let alone take it on and turn up in court to defend them)

Thank you for the info mate very much apreciated Smile rep your way Smile

Thanks given by:
As above you need to be going to the small claims court yourself. That takes scamming to a whole new level. I've been scammed myself before but only through having an item claimed as lost, for the buyer to admit they'd been scammed by the same trick before - of course paypal didn't care and happily handed my money back. Fail.

I wouldn't have bothered sending it personally but what's done is done. Find out if you can report him to his local police. Not sure how it cost $185 to return it, but seems you find dishonest people in every corner of the globe.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Well some bad news the appeal was refused due to paypal not being happy with the police report Confused wtf basicly the paperwork i sent them wasnt good enuff as proof even tho it clearly has a police reference number on it Confused

So on to the next stage phone call to paypal tomorrow followed by a well worded letter (not writtern by me as i carnt spell to save my life) Smile

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  eBay rant!!!! kentiiboii 13 3,597 15-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii