306 hdi broken :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi broken :(
Sad 
peugeot 306 hdi y reg 103k miles silver 5 door was running fine one day now dont start i have run some checks got codes:
p1517 alarm systerm/central locking control module- program
p1112 fuel pressure- controll
when turning the key i hear no pump priming noise but if i run a live feed to the pump it works but still dont start been told it could be immobliser maybe, any one have any idears have replaced the brown fuel relay still not starting willing to pay for help located in medway kent.
Thanks given by:
I would hazard a guess at a dicky pressure regulator or a dead rail pressure sensor. Have you access to any diagnostics to study the rail pressure?

You could crank all day and it won't start unless the rail is pressurised.

Edit: P1112 on a PSA EDC15C2 is:- "Diesel high pressure monitoring function; pressure lower than the minimum pressure."

You could try clearing the code and hardwiring the fuel pump as you've done already and see if she starts.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
nope dont have access to that stuff if it was that why would i not hear the pump in the tank working? i use to hear it all the time now i dont but i know it dose still work as i have run a live to it.
Thanks given by:
You're likely going to need access to diagnostics in all honesty.

It could be a blown fuse or the double relay - i'm not sure if that's what your brown relay refers to.
Thanks given by:
try finding someone near you with Peugeot planet, the live data will help decide whats the problem before guessing and throwing money at it lol
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i had some one with a snap on diagnostics run a check and sed p1517 could be the immobiliser messed up and cuasing p1112 code to come up and not letting it start really dont no what todo could do with an unlocked ecu to try and see what happens
Thanks given by:
is it a one plug ecu or three plug?
i dont think the Immo disables the low pressure pump
think it only disables the power to the injectors
Thanks given by:
its a 3 plug ecu
Thanks given by:
heres the drawing
start by checking the inertia switch

.pdf   3 plug ecu.pdf (Size: 225.5 KB / Downloads: 36)
Thanks given by:
c2k if it was --P1112 on a PSA EDC15C2 is:- "Diesel high pressure monitoring function; pressure lower than the minimum pressure."
would i still not here the pump in the tank prime up?
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 06:58 PM)cully Wrote: is it a one plug ecu or three plug?
i dont think the Immo disables the low pressure pump
think it only disables the power to the injectors

This, lift pump should run regardless.

You would still hear the lift pump prime if it was a FPR problem, yes. You can rule out the fpr by clamping the return line from the pump, soon build pressure like that. Also, you can test the voltage being given by the FRPS. Check out my thread on the issue, should find most of your answers there.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
the ecu does switch the fuelpump relay but it dont shut it down for the immo

also check the earths on the engine/gearbox and on the chassis leg under the battery
Thanks given by:
Eish, this really could be a multitude of things. All you can do is check the mechanical basics like the earth, the power to the double relay, the fuel pump fuse, the voltage at the terminals etc etc.

Your lift pump should be working.
Thanks given by:
i emailed ECU doctor in plymouth regarding unlocking an ecu

Hi Paul,
thank you for your email and valued enquiry.

are you able to remove the immo from a 306 HDI ECU 0 281 010 592 (3 plug)
We do have the data, parts and knowledge to decode/unlock that unit so the vehicle will start off the key.
to enable me to plug and play for more than one car
It will only start vehicles fitted with an ECU with the same Bosch number.
also if i were to remap via OBD port this wouldn't effect the unlocked ecu, causing it to lock again?
Remapping does not affect the unlocking of the unit.
please could you give me a price inc return postage to EX15
Quote for above task would be £150 + VAT. The contribution we ask towards the return carriage, packaging and insurance is £9 (no VAT).
thank you
Paul
Should you have a further query prior to entrusting the unit with covering paperwork and quote for unlocking, please contact our office at your convenience.

Kindest Regards.

www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate I've had another look at the car tonite all plugs seem fine it has to be the immobiliser so am going to have to go ahead with the idea will be putting money in the bank in the next couple of days to send them payment lets hope this works
Thanks given by:
found this site
http://www.ecuunlocks.com/unlockdecode-services.html (£84.99)
when you go through to paypall
it name comes up as Cartech Electronics Ltd
which is the other site you looked at http://www.cartechelectronics.com/PSA-un...de-optios/ (£145)

maybe worth mailing them
Thanks given by:
Not sure who to go with that's going to do a good job
Thanks given by:
Sent the ecu off today to get it unlocked with cartech now it's just the waiting to get it back and see what happens Confused
Thanks given by:
£150+ Vat, eek.

I'd have had it on PP to check to see if the immo was even active or not first.

Good luck with it, I really hope it does fix it for that price! Smile

Dave
Thanks given by:
Crikey you could've bought Peugeot Planet for that price off ebay! I like to know i've got the fault right before parting with that much!
Thanks given by:
Don't have a good laptop or leads to use pp Sad
Thanks given by:
Ecu is at home got to wait to get home plug it all back together really hope it works other wise I've wasted my time and money and ill have to try somthing eles lol
Thanks given by:
So plugged in the ecu and turned the car over guess what? The car never started lol any one have peugeot planet and live in Kent Medway ?
Thanks given by:
Have you cleared all the codes?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yes mate had the hole ecu serviced all codes cleared
Thanks given by:
Ah right, i thought they were just unlocking it for you.

I can come over with pp2k some time in the next couple of weeks, but it'd cost you as i'm miles and miles away.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Pm me a price please and when you could pop over would be much appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll put money on a double relay fault...

The injectors won't fire unless 220bar(iirc) is achieved when cranking... If the lift pump ain't'a primin' she nae fire cap'n....
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'd second the above opinion. I was doubtful it was the immobiliser to start with and now it's out the frame you still can't get going. Try a spare double relay if you have access to one.
Thanks given by:
What's the green boxes in the black case behide the battery ? I can't get them out to try diffrent ones been pulling on them for ages seem stuck what other relay are you on about? I've changed the brown relay with a brand new one from peugeot and all the pins seem fine
Thanks given by: