Possible 205 gti to xud project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible 205 gti to xud project
Ive got the chance to get my hands on a 1.6 gti car for 600 euro,its clean enough just the owner is stuck for cash atm,

ive always toyed with the idea of fitting a 1.9 xud to a 205 diesel as a base and to gti rep it.

i have a 1.9 box spare heads,turbo,bosch pumps in the garage and various bits from years of pug ownership(moved to vag now)

for the conversion i would need 1.8d shafts to fit my box and probabley 1.8 engine mounts and a decent rad and intercooler,pipes

has anyone done this conversion before,ive read a few forums were it has been done,without much of a wiring headache,bar losing certain gauges

im getting the car this week and im going to stick it up on m bros 2 post lift and check it out before i decide
Thanks given by:
Xud9 mounts work fine in the 205. but i would not want to convert a Gti to Xud, but thats just me
Thanks given by:
I've put an xud into a petrol 309. I'm using 1.9 nad 309 driveshafts (wider track) and as for wiring, just made my own loom up and got aftermarket gauges and sensors.
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 04:35 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Xud9 mounts work fine in the 205. but i would not want to convert a Gti to Xud, but thats just me

well if it was a ''PROPER'' gti id say the same,but its only a 1.6

im just thinking of a tdo4 spec engine 170-180bhp and easy on the pocket,plus you can have some fun with off boost smokeDodgy

(25-11-2012, 04:39 PM)Sambarker Wrote: I've put an xud into a petrol 309. I'm using 1.9 nad 309 driveshafts (wider track) and as for wiring, just made my own loom up and got aftermarket gauges and sensors.

did any of the gauges work??
what did you have to do as regards wiring??

i'll definatlty going to lift it,if its in decent shape regardless if i choose to xud or not,ill not loose on it anyway

that post above ive managed to mix match the quotes to my responses..haha
Thanks given by:
im after viewing this car this evening and just got a bargain, its in the 1.6 form i was quite impressed by it and im collecting it tommorow,

no play in anything,no rust bar a tiny spot in the chassis leg,lowerd a small bit,im going to put it on the lift tommorow,which the owner has no problem with,before handing over my notes
Thanks given by:
Defo do it. A mate and I starting doing one but he ended up selling it before we got it finished, would make a mighty wee car though.

Check out stictly_derv's thread http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-2459.html and you'll find suitable inspiration!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by: