Hdi injector refurb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi injector refurb
Had injector tap since i bought my 306 (not mistaken for the crank pulley as i had cam belt, aux belt, crank pulley, water pump and tensioners done 300 mile ago) previosly had a hdi 306 estate which the head went and it became spares, luckily had the same bosch injectors but as it had been sat up the ends have developed mild corrosion, disassembling them i found signs of deisel still inside them and the internals were clean and sound as, my question is is it possible to clean the corosion off the injector tips and if so what do i use to clean them

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
The tips on these are really sensitive so it's not a good idea to be even rubbing the dirt off them with a cloth, as you risk clogging up the holes in the nozzle and ruining the spray pattern/blockimg them completely. If they have been subject to any condensation or water then they may be useless anyway as the rust/corrosion will do a pretty good job of totally blocking the nozzle holes aswel.
Thanks given by:
I cleaned up my injectors i bought off ebay with steal wool and plusgas
but i did stay away from the inlet/outlet and nozzle

if you have stripped them there probably fecked out of calabraton anyway
Thanks given by:
Ahh ok, got a machine at work which uses electrolysis to clean corroded brass shackles and they come out looking new, any idea if this would work?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it would be a good tool for the job, although I'm only guessing. I don't know how well it would clean the tiny ports on the nozzles. Worth a shot though, if they are a bit corroded at the moment you can't really make them any worse, give it a try :-)
Thanks given by:
I believe a sonic bath is the best way to clear these out, if i remember my chemistry lessons i'm pretty sure brass electrolysis won't work, but have a go by all means.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dont have access to one :-( worth a try any way i guess, got nothing to lose
Thanks given by:
Some good news :-) had the nozzles sitting in meth for the last 12hrs and you can now see each nozzle clearly again :-D and to test them i sprayed wd40 in each and blew it through the nozzles (dosnt taste great) each nozzle luckily seems clear but still gonna try thr electrolysis to see if im able to further clean them up :-D
Thanks given by:
Well the electrolysis worked a treat but seems the corrosion in two of the nozzles had began eating into the metal so there not useable, still got two good one out of it and not awaiting seals and new pipes :-)    
Thanks given by:
Interesting to know, cheers for updating.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: