Oil cooler installation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil cooler installation
I'm planning on getting on oil cooler some point very soon but will have clearance issues with the rad and filter.
Question is, can I safely sack off the original oil cooler in place of the new one to create space or try go for a Megane oil filter which is apparently smaller?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
you can sack off the original cooler but it helps with warm up of the coolant.
Thanks given by:
You mean it helps warm up the oil Wink

You do really need the OEM one to help the coolant warm up the oil faster... You can get stubby oil filters in the right size with the right thread Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Might just have to leave it on. Is it just the Megane stubby filters that fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-GT...1c2d70cec4

That's the kit I'ma go for.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 03:28 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Might just have to leave it on. Is it just the Megane stubby filters that fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-GT...1c2d70cec4

That's the kit I'ma go for.
that is the one I use but have the thermastat plate with it...will need it if running car in winter...
Thanks given by:
I used the same kit on the Diablo; still sitting in my shed waiting for a decent break in the weather (and some patience on the owner's part!) to fit it!

As above though, unless the car is solely a track-car, you want it with the thermostatic sandwich plate, as the oil will overcool when you're not giving it death....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 11:14 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: as the oil will overcool when you're not giving it death....

not a problem for you Ed, or so i've been reliably informed lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: