How do I remove the dash

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I remove the dash
I have removed the side ones and the 2 centre ones but it seems to be stuck on the top any ideas :/
Thanks given by:
iirs, you have to go in the engine bay , take out the scuttle panel and theres a bolt behind there Big Grin most people forget about that one
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate just done it thanks
Thanks given by:
Is it a bastard to remove, how long does it take as I have squeaks from behind the dash and was thinking to remove to sort them...?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:Is it a bastard to remove
Yes!

Hateful job so it is, so much to take off and fiddly bits at that. As for time, I think KrisB can do a full heater matrix change in something like 4 -6 hrs....took me probably closer to 10 or 12!

Any idea what you think might be rattling, I didn't really think there would be that much to rattle, might be easier to try and stuff foam or something in the rough direction of the rattles!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
I decided to take my car off the road to do a heater matrix and FMIC, ripped the dash out in July 2008 and put it back in August 2009

f*cking nightmare.com
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Lol it took the whole of 4 hours to take the dash out and replace the heater matrix and put back together but it was a real pain in the arse
Thanks given by:
Taking the dash apart is easy. Putting everything back is the bitch.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
decided...squeaks and rattles can stay
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how do i remove centre dash trim? hodgie 8 2,021 14-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Last Post: hodgie