Peugeot 306 2.0 HDi DTurbo 3Dr Black - 12 Months MOT, Just Serviced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 2.0 HDi DTurbo 3Dr Black - 12 Months MOT, Just Serviced
Hi everyone, first of all apologies for my first post being a for sale post, but it seems logical to offer the car to the very people interested in 306's.

I'm selling the above car - 306 2.0 HDi DTurbo, Black 3 Door Hatchback 12 months MOT and Just serviced (with FSH), Factory GTi-6 styling and Alloy wheels, Leather and Alcantara Suede Seats, Full Service History, Airbags, Immobiliser, ABS, Heated and Electric door mirrors, Electric Windows, Air Conditioning, Power Steering

Year: 2000 W Reg
Mileage: 148,040 miles
Service History: Extensive (every 6k for past 4 years/50k) Last service 4/8/2012 @ 148,037 miles (intermediate service)
Tax: None
MOT: 22/11/2013 – Full 12 months
Owned Since: Jan 2008 @ 99,000 miles
4 previous owners

This car has been incredibly reliable, the engine sounds great and runs excellently, it has never broken down on me in the time I've owned it, never needed oil top ups between services and always started instantly. I have had any work required done as soon as anything showed signs of wear.

-Notable History:
Engine ECU Remap by Shires Performance Tuning (dramatically improved drivability) - Jan 2008 @ 99,700 miles
Clutch & Clutch Cable - July 09 @ 122,800 miles
Cambelt, Waterpump, Tensioners – Feb 2008 @ 99,500 miles (interval - ????? miles)
Auxillary Drivebelt Pulley & Tensioners (common failure if left) – Feb 2011 @ 137,930 miles
Catalytic Converter – Feb 2011 @ 138,047 miles
Rear Silencer – July 09 @ 122,785 miles, June 10 @ 130,947 miles
Suspension Top-mount bushes and bearings, and RH Wishbone Balljoint – Aug 09 @ 124,428 miles
Just had new tyre and alternator belt fitted.
and much more - I have a folder stuffed with receipts for all the work done and everything is documented.

-Servicing/Mechanical Work
As mentioned it has been serviced every 6k, alternating between full service (oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and all over checks) and intermediate services (oil and oil filter). I have never bought poor quality oil, using fully synthetic as recommended, and whenever possible used high quality oil filters (i.e. those including the non-return valve to ensure proper lubrication as soon as the engine is started). It feels great following the remap, it gets up to speed on the motorway well and overtakes effortlessly with the torque available, however it also has good fuel economy, I record the miles I do between fill ups and it was averaging a genuine 50 mpg on my 80 mile per day commute.

Mechanically there are no issues I am aware of, although in the interest of being as honest as possible I would like to point out that this car has suffered a common fault on 306’s, especially on the heavier/higher power engines, where the upper driver side engine mounting bodywork fractures (always worth checking when buying), I had it professionally welded and it has had no problem since doing so (Sept 2010 @ 135,129 miles).

-Exterior
As mentioned 3Dr Black HDi DTurbo, so it has the GTi spec Cyclone alloy wheels, side skirts, front bumper and splitter, fog lights (brackets are intact so they don’t flop around like most), rear spoiler and fully colour coded bodywork. The bodywork looks great from a few feet away (as the pictures show), but up very close there a few (minor) car park dents and other wear and tear typical of a 12 year old car, as well as a small crease in the drivers door (I have a spare door the buyer is welcome to take with the car). All the trim at the front of the car is well mounted and solid – it is common on 306’s for the headlight fixing brackets to break, the trims under the headlights to come lose and as mentioned the fog light brackets to break and the lower grille to come loose, none of which are the case on this car.

-Interior
It has the highly desired half leather/alcantara (suede) seats in very good condition; in fact the whole interior is in superb condition – no damage and only minor scuffing (far less than would be expected of a car this age). All the electrical features are fully working (i.e. mirrors/rear screen heater etc) and there are no fault lights on the dash (i.e. ABS/Air Bag etc) as can be quite common. Unfortunately the air-conditioning doesn’t work; this seems fairly common with these cars now and is always worth checking. I had the system checked, and subsequently replaced the condenser and lower pipes (June 08), it worked for a summer but I haven’t had it checked/regassed since. I will be leaving the wiring to the boot in the car for an audio amplifier and sub-woofer to be fitted if the new owner desires, if not there is no problem leaving the wires unused. As should be the case the power cable and audio signal cables are routed down separate sides of the car.

[Image: Ext03.jpg]

[Image: Ext07.jpg]

[Image: Ext10.jpg]

[Image: Ext14.jpg]

[Image: Int01.jpg]

[Image: Int05.jpg]

[Image: Int06.jpg]

[Image: CIMG6947web.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0655.jpg]

The car is in Epsom, Surrey

I'm looking for £1000, or very very near offers

I can be contacted on at sport1901966(@)hotmail(dot)com

Thanks for looking,
Geoff
Thanks given by:
Gorgeous car, if was looking for 306 would snap this up. Quick question, why does it have meridian spec steering wheel?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
i so want

Imagine if i swapped all my gucci bits onto this. would be epic!!

Wonga.com.. lend me 1000!!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Smile

It's a shame it's your first post but I'm pleased to see you've taken the time to write up a clear and detailed advert for the car. It looks tidy, so good luck with the sale and hopefully it'll stay within the club.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the positive comments guys, it'll a shame to let it go but I have to let the head rule the heart on this one.

Just an update - I have taken a deposit against the full asking price for the car to be collected next weekend. I'll update the thread when the sale is final, or if it falls through (hopefully not fingers crossed!).

(24-11-2012, 08:01 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Gorgeous car, if was looking for 306 would snap this up. Quick question, why does it have meridian spec steering wheel?

Good spot! The old 3 spoke wheel was crumbling away and at the time I was a fan of the 406 coupe 4 spoke wheel and the meridian one you see there came up for a good price.

(24-11-2012, 08:04 PM)Scott Wrote: Welcome to the forum Smile

It's a shame it's your first post but I'm pleased to see you've taken the time to write up a clear and detailed advert for the car. It looks tidy, so good luck with the sale and hopefully it'll stay within the club.

Thanks for the welcome, I know its bad etiquette but I do intend to lurk around hopefully dishing out some of my experience where I can. I've had the car for 5 years so I've got to know a few of their quirks!
Thanks given by:
I'd have bought that for the Mrs if i was at home, lol.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Again why do these spear so close to Christmas. Think I may have to take a sneaky loan out without the mrs knowing. I need a nice looking car again Sad.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This still available?
Thanks given by:
My 306 broke down on wednesday, is this still available? I am very interested
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I emailed him Monday but didn't get a reply so am guessing not.
Thanks given by:
Sad

Booh!!
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
interested in a part ex with a xsara vts?
Thanks given by:
if its still available i got cash waiting!
Thanks given by:
Guys, he can't post in this section anymore and also can't PM you either (he has under 10 posts). This thread was posted before these changes were brought in.
Thanks given by:
sortit out then scott Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I'm curious about those seats. I wonder if they're the ones I sold out of my GTi6 when I wrote it off, since they have the 307 leather headrests and this isn't a million miles away from me...

Lovely looking car too.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
the car in sadly sold Sad got email back from him
Thanks given by:
Damn you!!! I was looking for a diesel for months!

I live in Epsom!!!!!

GLWTS Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: Peugeot 306 Rallye 16v - Black Orta 5 3,921 20-09-2021, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Peugeot 306 Dturbo ezb 1 1,673 04-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Last Post: 1616six
  SOLD 2000 Peugeot 306 HDI DTurbo 3dr NOW £600 rikky 20 4,207 29-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Last Post: rikky