phase 3 downlift

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phase 3 downlift
Wheels piss easy to use but cant palm it and wiki it
Thanks given by:
306's weren't galvanized, they had a zinc phorescent primer.
Thanks given by:
Ohhhhh lol better do that undercoat sooner rather than later then :-\
Thanks given by:
Well one step forward and two steps back, lowered the pug and now the rear passanger side and started to camber :-( (photo dosnt do i justice lol)    
On the upside managed to source myself a gti-6 axle with calipers, disks and abs sensors for £80 off a nice genuine fellow who bought them for engine doners to race in his 205's :-)
Got my braided lines through which are waiting to go on    
Also got my new injectors through, 70k 307 hdi injectors :-P    

Found my spare ph1 lenses and decided to tint them as ive had nothing better do do over easter lol, unsure wether to put them on though as i couldnt wrap the edges of the glass, every time i heated the film to try and stretch it it rinkled or split, most likley because it was cheap nasty stuff. Opinions?    

Forgot to mention was pretty pee'd with the wheel arch gap up front so ordered some 60mm springs
Thanks given by:
Quote:On the upside managed to source myself a gti-6 axle with calipers, disks and abs sensors for £80 off a nice genuine fellow who bought them for engine doners to race in his 205's :-)

Was this from someone near Thetford by any chance?
Thanks given by:
Haha yes
Thanks given by:
Got some bits from him before. Don't suppose you noticed whether he still had a Nile Blue one about?
Thanks given by:
Went in the chaps back garden to lift the axle with him but cant say i spotted any pugs in his garden, just bits, sorry fella
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 10:25 PM)Ricky Wrote: That must be horrible to drive with a 280mm wheel..

Whys that mines even smaller! It's fecking awsome
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Loving the tiny wheel! Haha liturally feels like a go kart with it and didnt take much to get used to :-P
Thanks given by:
Quote:Went in the chaps back garden to lift the axle with him but cant say i spotted any pugs in his garden, just bits, sorry fella

Okay, no problem. Thanks anyway
Thanks given by:
Did get his phone number mark if thats any help to you?
Thanks given by:
More toys ordered :-) just placed an order for a hks turbo timer with universal loom kit, can see it being a real dog to fit after having to change my ignition barrel but cant wait to get it on :-P should help the turbo last a little longer maybe    
Thanks given by:
I had turbo timer on one of my old cars was fun although took a while to get used to. Lol
Thanks given by:
No idea how hard it'l be to fit but is more like another toy lol
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2013, 06:37 PM)Mark Wrote:
Quote:On the upside managed to source myself a gti-6 axle with calipers, disks and abs sensors for £80 off a nice genuine fellow who bought them for engine doners to race in his 205's :-)

Was this from someone near Thetford by any chance?

theres a bloke from lowestoft that breaks gtis for his 205 dimmas, he broke a s/c gti6 for one Big Grin
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Theres also another chap in skegness, seems to be quite a popular thing
Thanks given by:
Just abit of an update from last weekend with a few pics of the phase 1 rad being installed.
Hdi and aircon rad dropped off    
Custom phase 1 fans, surprisingly the internals from the phase 3 fan fit into the housing of the 1, plugs nicley slotted into the oem position but the wires for the fans were slightly shorter so i had to run them on a more direct root with cable ties.                
Unfortunatley funds have been tight just latley so thetes no fancy rad hosing atm, just cut and shunt using copper joins like this one.        

The new phase 1 setup seems to have freed up alot of room in the front now and dont have to look at that ugly expansion bottle every time i open the bonnet.        
Managed to win myself some 406 hdi fmic pipes so now starting to look at remaps and fmic setups, if im lucky i think i'll be able to have a slim line pull fan with the new found space hopefully meaning i wont have to chop the bumper about. Anyway my hks turbo timer arrived yestoday so shall be fitting that as soon as ive got a new volt meter :-)
Thanks given by:
Got the turbo timer in and was a piece of cake :-P will put a thread up in the appropriate place of how to fit it        

Stuck the thread in dw10 / hdi as unsure if other ignition barrells are the same
Thanks given by:
when you change to ph1 wings, is the height of the rub strips different the height of the rubstrips on the door?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by: