phase 3 downlift

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phase 3 downlift
Want to look at putting a ph 1 front end on my ph 3 hdi,
So far seem to have sorced the bits i need for a stupidly cheap price (£60), the bits im getting for the conversion are as follows:
Bonnet
Grille
Hockey sticks
Headlights
Slam panel (dont know if thats what its called)
Bumper
Is there anything ive over looked?? Comparing the two front ends the only difference i can see in the wings is just the height of the bump strips. Any help very much apreciatrd
Thanks given by:
I'd say you've got everything covered there.
Thanks given by:
Make sure you've got the bonnet release catch and cable too, they're different between phases
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also you will have to budge the wiring for the headlights etc as the connectors are different. A mate of mine has done this. And thats a problem he found
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Was going to fit bonnet catches as smoothing the door locks off (barrels dont match the key lol)
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Butcher the wires / plug out of the phase3 headlights and make them fit the phase1 lights? Or hard wire them in?

Thanks given by:
Already sussed the lights lol, visited a scrappy and helped myself to the plugs i required from the loom
Thanks given by:
Or buy a complete lock set off me Wink

Thanks given by:
Naa prefer to remove them as removing the aerial and smoothing the boot to, car needs a respray so just going to sort everything like that out, cheers for offering though
Thanks given by:
No worrys mate I take it you will be fitting a aftermarket alarm to lock/unlock the car invade the standard key fob packs up Smile

Thanks given by:
I'm breaking a phase 1 if need anything
Thanks given by:
Yup, slso got a sneaky cable realese hidden to open the boot from the outside
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you have got it all covers then mate Smile get a project thread up Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I would bud but it would be abit of a slow one lol, deadline for body work is french car show but spraying aint gonna happen for a while so she'll look like a shed, will do a thread when i get the ball rolling :-) sourcing shiz to have a good assualt at it in one go, once ive got all the front end bits theyll be sat up for winter ready for the new year hopefuly with a break in the wether to fit the parts
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate sounds like its going to be a nice lil project Smile

Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
what are you planning to do with your 3 front end? as im looking to facelift my 2...
Thanks given by:
Sell but i started smoothing the front bumper and never finished it
Thanks given by:
any pics of this conversion?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Yeah been a while since i did any work because of the weather in norfolk, got all the parts but only managed to put the front end on, looks like a shed atm but gonna paint it once its all done

This was a mock of the bumper on the old slam panel to test if i could use the phase 3 slam pan, unfortunatley you cant because of the headlights and bonnet latch    
Picture of bonnet and grille on    
With having to use a phase 1 slam panel it then ment i had to weld the bracket for the phase 3 expansion bottle to the slam panel and had to ziptie the rad(this is being ditched this weekend for a phase 1 dturbo rad with the built in bottle)    

This is what it looked liked after ( ignore the smoothed bumper as thats going, just after this pic it snowed and like a novice i crashed and buggered the bumper up, got a new one waiting to go on again this weekend, wings also need to be changed as there still ph3 and thetes a nadty headlight gap)    
After this i decided to work on the cars handerling. Blistein b4 shocks and spax 40mm springs    
205 1.9gti alloys, £42.50 ebay bargin!    
And an omp strut brace (had to bend the ecu plate to fit it and raise the phase 1 bonnet)    
Thanks given by:
Ooh ph1, I like a nice ph1 but they are so old and tired nowadays unless you have deep pockets lol

Thanks given by:
Car now sits like this (before bonnet raise and strut brace)    
Fitted a tiny 280mm steering wheel to be a tart    
And gti 6 headrest as i hate meridian ones    

Sorry ive been short and sweet as the misses is waiting to watch a film, its getting there but still have alot to do :-\

To do list:
Ph 1 wings
Ph1 boot
Ph1 rear lights
New rad setup
307 hdi injectors (mine rattle again!)
Fmic
Remap
Respray!!!!!

Lol my pockets are deep ;-) this is more a labour of love
Also ph3 shell is galvanised so no rot!
Thanks given by:
phase 1 hdi is something ive been waiting for someone to do Smile

you going the whole hog and going phase 1 rear light clusters too?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
In my todo list above bud
Thanks given by:
you should get it resprayed in moonstone blue, a color phase 1 never came in but would give people who know anything about 306's a clue that it might be an hdi (apart from the number plate obviously)
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Belive they didnt come in china blue, it was nile blue, might put the hdi badges back on
Thanks given by:
oh yeah, good point lol. really like this idea in general though Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cheers :-) pulling my finger out now so watch this space :-P
Thanks given by:
That must be horrible to drive with a 280mm wheel..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 09:56 PM)identitidrjekyll Wrote: Also ph3 shell is galvanised so no rot!

I thought that was a myth and none were galvanised ?

Thanks given by: