Standard oil filter on sandwich plate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standard oil filter on sandwich plate
There seemed to be a rumour floating around about standard oil filters coming up against the radiator with a sandwich plate installed therefore not leaving enough room to put it on/take it off. I am happy to quash that rumour with the picture below:

[Image: P1010015-1.jpg]

The filter wasn't even screwed in much and it still had plenty of clearance! That was my old filter, I got a Megane filter before I did the install due to the rumour, but next time I will know to just get a standard one.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:33 PM)306Puggy Wrote: There seemed to be a rumour floating around about standard oil filters coming up against the radiator with a sandwich plate installed therefore not leaving enough room to put it on/take it off. I am happy to quash that rumour with the picture below:

[Image: P1010015-1.jpg]

The filter wasn't even screwed in much and it still had plenty of clearance! That was my old filter, I got a Megane filter before I did the install due to the rumour, but next time I will know to just get a standard one.

i had an oil cooler sandwhich plate, and a plate for oil temp etc, and it was still fine, there was a slight dint in the rad with the engine moving when coming on boost, but thats as far as it went.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gotta be honnest id like ti know who said they dont fit cos I've known they do for a long time.
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah mines always been double stacked and never had any problems!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, this is strange I am sure the general concensus used to be that the standard filter wouldn't fit. I guess I'm not doing any harm by using the Megane filter though am I? I was not sure if it restricted flow perhaps, but the oil pressure light hasn't come on and I don't have any other way to tell. To make this thread more useful, does anyone know how to stop the sandwich plate leaking from the non sensor holes with the allen screws in them? I was thinking PTFE tape or would thread lock do?
Thanks given by:
Ptfe tape should be fine just try not to get it everywhere and all over the end of the screw so that it ends up mixing with the oil, and the Renault filter will be fine, restriction will be negligible if any and the only difference it that it doesn't have as much surface area inside for filtering, so technically it would clog up easier, but you'd have to have really shitty oil in the engine for thousands of miles to totally clog up an oil filter.
Thanks given by:
Can you tell me what Megane filter you got exactly? 205's have alot less clearance as it nearly touches without a stack and I'm planning on getting a stack soon.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
If you go to Euro Parts and select a Renault Megane as a car they'll come up. They are all the same size from what I can tell of the pictures.
Thanks given by:
So they use the same one from a 1995 car too a 2012 car?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Well, you need to specify the year. They won't be using XUDs in 2012 cars, it's the 1996 one you want. I did try the part number on the website from the filter box but it has been replaced now. I would have sent you a link but the Euro Parts website is session based so you have to input all the details yourself.
Thanks given by:
Strictly. You'll probably need a number plate if you plan on usi g the one in Portsmouth. They're useless baffoons there
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can someone confirm the size thread I need for d tubo? Pretty sure it is M20 x 1.5

Looking at getting 1 like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400483695840?s...1423.l2649
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD Oil Sandwich Plate silverzx 12 2,329 14-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  oil cooler sandwich plate adaptor Chris_90 12 2,971 07-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Sandwich plates Danny2009 15 3,476 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Last Post: r3k1355