Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headphone amplifier!
It's five to eleven
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 10:54 PM)samass Wrote: It's five to eleven

Can i have salt and vinegar on my fish and chips please?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 10:49 PM)SRowell Wrote: i presume you guys are taking the piss that you cant up the volume with software? Its well known that with the android phones and some sony ericcsson ones the sound limiter will stop people playing their music too loud. You have to use some software to reset the limit higher or use a program to up the volume of the file!

You understand the concept of gain vs volume...

Upping the volume of a file is NOT under any circumstances the same as increasing the volume of the amplifier...

Remember a file doesn't have ANY actual volume - it's maximum level is simply 0 which is MAXIMUM - you cannot have MORE than maximum in terms of the file - you simply run into distortion since it's just digital 1s and 0s... Upping the volume will simply distort it before you amplify it, so you're amplifying distortion... Meaning you'll clip the sound going into the amplifier and out the speakers because the gain on the input is simply too high... A'la:

[Image: 400px-Clipping_1KHz_10V_DIV_clip_A_5ohms-1-.jpg]

Which in the end makes it sound shit... If you listen to something which has got the edges of the signal clipped off, it's going to sound shit whatever you do...

So basically, turning things to 11 just doesn't work... Get better headphones with a headphone amp...

People have said many times that the average sound quality of audio listened to today is significantly worse than 10, even 20 years ago - you can understand why!

</rant>
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 10:56 PM)Niall Wrote: Can i have salt and vinegar on my fish and chips please?

Excuse me? That's just rude.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Better headphones are on the christmas list Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Sennhieser HD202s, got a pair of them and sound very good for around £30
Thanks given by:
I got a set of the sennheiser HD 205's, they were £54 reduced to £36 in PC world.. out of all the ones there including the 'monster beats' £150+ they sounded the best, quality is awesome for the price.. IMO obviously
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They're no good i need in ear! Seen a pair of jvc ones for 20quid in asda last night.. they got good reviews and can get them for half the price on ebay! Might give them a go.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headphone/earphone thread StealthSteve 13 2,143 05-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Curt