Low entry jack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low entry jack
(27-03-2013, 09:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think half the forum has that sealy jack after i first got one about 4 years ago lol Smile

I really wish I had the spare money for an ally one though as it really does weigh too much, like 35kg or something. Also being rated to 2500kg it could lift 2 306s at once if you got the balance right.

What do you want, a medal?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Please, Ill add it to my collection.
Thanks given by:
PM me your new address and i will add it to the list of medals to have made.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 07:42 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Wtf is that jack on the right! Looks like it wouldn't lift anything looks tiny, the sealy jacks are decent used them a few times good choice

Haha! That's what 30 quid from Screwfix get's ya! In fairness though it was a good jack, it lasted two years of usage before popping it's seals.

(27-03-2013, 08:10 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'm gonna need to get something like these sometime soon, as my current jack is very similar to the little one in your above pic, and is HIGHLY unlikely to fit under the car after this weekend, as the front will be dropping 60mm from standard. I'm on a strict budget though, so I'm hoping to get something quite cheap, but also fairly reliable, as well as being as light/portable as possible.
What are the odds that I could find anything matching this description, sub £100?

/threadhijack Big Grin

You can get them from eGay for £99.49p which I believe is sub £100lol In all fairness unless you are a member of the much fabled Costco your chances are nilUndecided Believe me I've researched fairly in depth into sturdy low entry jacks and it seems that you can either get a standard sturdy jack or a flimsy ally low entry one. There is no inbetween.

(27-03-2013, 09:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think half the forum has that sealy jack after i first got one about 4 years ago lol Smile

I really wish I had the spare money for an ally one though as it really does weigh too much, like 35kg or something. Also being rated to 2500kg it could lift 2 306s at once if you got the balance right.

Yeah as I said I used to deadlift 100+ kg but lifting that jack up without a handle is reallly hard work and it did hurt my back a little because since I haven't been able to deadlift the muscles there have become weaker, lol! I often look at the maximum load capacity on a hack as an indicator of the reliability of the product, because, let's face it, not even 1 ton of load is going to be on the jack if you are jacking up a corner, is it! Let alone 2 tons or 2.5 tons. So yeah generally the thing with the bigger lift capacity means that it is going to be nicely over engineered/sturdy and work for many decades to come.

(27-03-2013, 10:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Please, Ill add it to my collection.

I wonder how many people realise you are not jokingSmile
Thanks given by:
Hmmm....guess I'll just have to put up with lugging a heavy jack around then, not really up for getting one that's liable to twist, as my mums drive (where I do most of the work on my car) has a slight incline. Better safe than sorry!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
got in from work last night and the latest sealey catalogue/special offers leaflet had been delivered;

they are selling a 3 ton jack for £137.94 including vat, it comes with a 24"breaker bar, foam lying down mat, 2 plastic wheel chocks and a pair of racheting axle stands............

need i say more ???
Thanks given by:
Bet it wont go under a lowered 306 though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sealey 1250cx trolley jack Iceman299 6 2,086 06-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Ben
  Scissors Jack corrosion - lucky :) maxaret 36 9,162 05-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Last Post: maxaret
  The Farm Jack thread Dum-Dum 29 4,866 12-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Matt