FCS camping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCS camping
o.k. so i now know what im looking for. what im going to do is to stick with the origanal site just for a minute. it has all what people want and more. and for what mattcheese has said about a convoy in then i think i have that covered as well.
basicly the camp site is about 3 miles from m1 juntion 23. so what i thought is we could use the servisers as a meeting point for other members and then convoy to the track from their. do like kind of a full circle. about 5 or 6 miles round.
got tomorrow off work so will go up and take photos and see what kind of discount is avalible.
basicly i think its a great camp site with shops not to far away, melbourn is about 2 miles away whitch is a village with a few pubs and shops, you get the idea.
see what people think and if not i will start looking at other sites.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That one does sound quite good though!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah it is. just need to get the price down and if everyone is happy with the convoy thing.
as i say, will be getting photos tomorrow. see what peeps think.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Yep, last year we just spent friday night having a laugh, then means saturday can be spent relaxing, playing around the campsite (I lost matts football last year, sorry matt) and you can generally just sit about getting sunburnt and looking at 306's (and a Bora ninja )
it's ok mate you got it back or someone did anyway . . . . . . . . .Smile . . . . . . . .only thing was it was punctured when it came back . Sad . . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I think the proposal sounds good, thanks for looking into it kingy! And even more brilliant if you can get some pics up so we all get an idea!
Thanks given by:
just a quick up date. i just remembered when speaking to the women she said no bonfires.
Thanks given by:
For me, as long as bbqs are ok, I can live without a bonfire...
Thanks given by:
its nice to have a bonfire though.
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:its nice to have a bonfire though.
or a wheel barrow
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
kingy Wrote:its nice to have a bonfire though.
or a wheel barrow
???? am i missing summat here or am i just thick. later proberbly :?
Thanks given by:
Used a wheel barrow last year for the fire iirc
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
wheel barrow bonfires are good - at least u can move the fire when ur about to incinerate a tree... :oops:
Thanks given by:
You got pics of the campsite kingy?
Thanks given by:
yep, just sorting them now. just get a brew.
Thanks given by:
Awesome, I'm pretty tempted to come with you guys!
Thanks given by:
took on my phone so sorry about the quality.
[Image: IMAG0353.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0355.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0359.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0361.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0367.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0369.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0372.jpg]

they have got about 8 lots of bogs, 4 lots of showers.
spoke to the grounds man and he said they dont allow dickheads reving engines all night and doing doughnuts everywhere so that means no saxo chavs then.
dont mind bbqs but no bonfires. :nope:
just need to get discount sorted but first i need to know how many peeps are going.
hotel and bar in the same grounds.
tell me what you think and if its no good then i will look somewhere eles or unless carlos comes up with owt. :dance:
the pics you can see is just one of the feilds they have. they have another next to the one in pic.
the gate and wall you can see is the race track so thats how close it is.
as for the convoy then that can be sorted to with a meet point at sevicers at j23 and do a round trip to the track. (not sure which entrance they will use but not a problem)
you have castle donnington 2 min drive with a couple of pubs and shops. also have melbourn 2 minute drive that has more pubs, chippies, indian and shops.
Thanks given by:
Looks good to me, thanks for the pics kingy! Smile
Thanks given by:
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Looks good to me, thanks for the pics kingy! Smile
no problem.
Thanks given by:
Looking good to me, cheers for going and taking a look and getting photos! Plenty of space to be far enough away that we won't need to worry about waking up people in the hotel and we be up and about until the early hours.

Just gotta work on the prices now Wink I think someone suggested asking about getting a price per car rather than per person?

Also as you mentioned about people revving their engines all night, we won't be having any of that (including you Ed!) and anyone who starts f*cking about and doing things that are likely to get us in trouble with the hotel owners/other clubs/police/etc. will be kindly told to leave immediately. We are a new club and it's important to make sure that we build ourselves a good reputation.
Thanks given by:
Does look tidy, shame about open fires, but a bbq will be good enough
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good to me.
Tbh is a open fire really a good idea around a load of pissed up people? Lol. The campsite I stay at every year doesnt allow open fires but we just use a metal roofing bucket on bricks. Does the job!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Looking good to me, cheers for going and taking a look and getting photos! Plenty of space to be far enough away that we won't need to worry about waking up people in the hotel and we be up and about until the early hours.

Just gotta work on the prices now Wink I think someone suggested asking about getting a price per car rather than per person?

Also as you mentioned about people revving their engines all night, we won't be having any of that (including you Ed!) and anyone who starts fornicating about and doing things that are likely to get us in trouble with the hotel owners/other clubs/police/etc. will be kindly told to leave immediately. We are a new club and it's important to make sure that we build ourselves a good reputation.

Heyyyy! That was mostly you. and Jimmy. I did nothing ninja

But seriously, I'll have my serious-forum-business hat on that night, not the Rave-TOGS, so no revving will occur. Tbh I didn't enjoy last years nearly as much as I would've if I'd drunk less alcohol, more water, eaten more, and slept more! So lessons will be learnt!!!

NiallHarper Wrote:Looks good to me.
Tbh is a open fire really a good idea around a load of pissed up people? Lol. The campsite I stay at every year doesnt allow open fires but we just use a metal roofing bucket on bricks. Does the job!

I refer you to EVERY Curt Camping meet since the dawn of time (and very very Drunk Black Rallye owners) lmao
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Looks good! Pretty keen to come with you guys but im trying not to upset anyone haha.
Thanks given by:
like i said mate, one night with them, saturday night with us. simples.
Thanks given by:
They aren't camping the Friday. I may camp with you guys then go on their stand or just do the lo with you guys...
Thanks given by:
ive never camped with theses lot so dont know what to expect, sound a good laugh though.
Thanks given by:
Well if Curt's camping meets are anything to go by (and they will be, it's the same/similar crowd) it's going to be a great weekend.
Thanks given by:
TBH that camp site looks a bit posh, you gotta bear in mind that although were sensible for a car club were hooligans compared to most campers and sods law says well end up next to the 90 year old bat who thinks going to bed at 8pm is a late night and would get anoyed by the noise of a mouse far less 30 of us having lolz after a few beers.

Personally I think you need to look at the ones that are just massive fields
Thanks given by:
Could we not ask to book out a whole field of theirs?
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Could we not ask to book out a whole field of theirs?

You paying are you?

It does look like a nice site but dum dum makes a valid point. I do think it's worth bearing in mind but if someone finds another one that is practically a field, we should also consider that. Will be cheaper as well!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: