306 FMIC FAQ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 FMIC FAQ
Only way to tell is to get it mapped on here and rolling road it in autotune again, if mines mapped ill be going to the rolling road day up there to see if it comes near that
Thanks given by:
He can't be that good if he's never seen over 150... Mine made nigh on 155 and that was with a boost leak and sticky caliper
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 10:43 PM)maguire1992 Wrote: 219lbft of torque
Will wait to the clutch would maybe slip then see about that kyle

is that 219lb for a stage 2 map?

thats pants unless its torque limited ive got 210 on my st 1 map from pro steve on here
Thanks given by:
yeah as they say if he hasnt seen one over 150 before he's on a different wavelength to prosteve altogether
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
He is the most reputable person to map cars over here though
Thanks given by:
Wouldnt say most reputable, depends what youre after. Theyre jusy widely known, id speak to mad tuning with regards to it see what he can do if you dont want to go pro steve
Thanks given by:
Who's that?
Thanks given by:
Mark Stirling, quote low key on the remapping scene but he does a good few dofferent motors. Mapped my zr along with a load of others I know with good results.
Thanks given by:
I can only think of ProSteve, MrWhippy and TB205.

All of which are highly recommendable.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Will see how the clutch goes and might get another map at some point
Thanks given by:
219lbft?? That's really low, he must have missed some of the torque limiters or something. Shouldn't bother with another clutch mate, you don't need it - i'm running ~235 on my stage 1.5 from pro_steve atm and it's fine.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Big Grin 
Hi guys just mid way through fitting another engine in my HDi and am fitting an Intercooler at the same time, I have all the pipe work and the 406 top elbow etc only thing Im struggling with is the lower pipe from the turbo, I got the 406 Hdi lower pipe but wasnt impressed with the way it fits, its hard against the sub frame just under the turbo and fouls the pas pipe next to the bell housing ?, From what Ive read the Citroen C5 lower pipe is the best to go for ? Does any one have the part no for this?

Thanks In advance

Tris
Thanks given by:
For an xud fitting a fmic do I need the 406 inlet manifold and turbo pipe?
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2013, 01:43 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: He can't be that good if he's never seen over 150... Mine made nigh on 155 and that was with a boost leak and sticky caliper

Well if you had a sticky caliper any dyno readings are fairly pointless then...

A sticky caliper will on most dynos cause high numbers..not low....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2015, 12:26 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(16-10-2013, 01:43 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: He can't be that good if he's never seen over 150... Mine made nigh on 155 and that was with a boost leak and sticky caliper

Well if you had a sticky caliper any dyno readings are fairly pointless then...

A sticky caliper will on most dynos cause high numbers..not low....

That post was over 2 years ago, but ok. Care to explain why, more load or something like that? and do you mean for the flywheel figure or any figure in general.

Either way the original point still stands - that they can't be that good if they've never seen over 150, given whippy, steve etc.. make well over that for less money
Thanks given by:
Most dynos are setup like poo and will massively exaggerate the losses on coast down because of the caliper sticking vs the actual power lost on acceleration... In theory it should make no difference, as this is part of the point of the coastdown, but unless the dyno's inertia settings are all set spot on (takes a fair bit of time to do) then it just ends up being wrong, which generally seems to be the case!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
In my mind that would surely mean the only figure affected would be the flywheel figure as that uses the coast down to work out losses and add that onto the wheel figure or am i completely off base?

The dyno was supposedly calibrated recently before we went but who knows, the figures for Ruans DT seemed fairly spot on at the time as did connors poorly HDi. Good to know though
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2015, 01:56 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: In my mind that would surely mean the only figure affected would be the flywheel figure as that uses the coast down to work out losses and add that onto the wheel figure or am i completely off base?

The dyno was supposedly calibrated recently before we went but who knows, the figures for Ruans DT seemed fairly spot on at the time as did connors poorly HDi. Good to know though

Hm is this the dyno day with Ruans black DT? If so iirc it was a Dyno Dynamics unit anyway? So doesn't coast down in shootout anyway, just talks random numbers to keep everyone happy Tongue
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yeah the black DT but nah wasn't a dyno dynamics, pretty sure it was a sun something, maybe microsystems dyno? It said what it was on the dyno graph but it was so long ago i can't remember tbh it might be in this/or another thread somewhere
Thanks given by: