FMIC list of absoutly everything i will need please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMIC list of absoutly everything i will need please
Have brought the intercooler itself and the intercooler holes are 2.25" need a list of everything i need please and in great detail if poss i know i need somthing off a 406 but people just say pipework not sure what it is how long etc. Any help would be much apreciated! Thanks Dan
Thanks given by:
406 inlet elbow and a C5 bottom pipe are the most common ones used......everything else is silicon bends and straight pipework. Use Mikalor clamps.

Search is your friend when it comes to all the info you need regarding this too.......
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 05:08 PM)gareth7 Wrote: 406 inlet elbow and a C5 bottom pipe are the most common ones used......everything else is silicon bends and straight pipework. Use Mikalor clamps.

Search is your friend when it comes to all the info you need regarding this too.......

Im a bit simple minded with cars really need dumb english and detail haha
Thanks given by:
use the search function on here mate......all the info you need is in the guide section
Thanks given by:
Agreed with gareth, plenty of info on here!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-40.html really good guide by Dum-Dum.. shopping list of all parts needed at the bottom

Medium FMIC Kit with 57mm piping â?? eBay £149.99
2 x 12â? slim line fans â?? eBay £36.99
4 x Smaller hose clamps for turbo â?? eBay £5.99
40mm 90* Silicone bend for turbo â?? eBay £8.32
57mm 45* Silicone bend for inlet â?? eBay £13.97
57mm 180* Silicone bend for FMIC return â?? eBay £13.97
3 x 57mm 90* Silicone bends â?? eBay £41.91
Exhaust Manifold EGR plate â?? eBay £4.50
Welding EGR blank £40
Welding 2 Pipes together £30
Peugeot New Inlet L-Bent £70.13
Peugeot New Gasket for above £0.40
Peugeot New C5 turbo Pipe £35.52
TOTAL £451.69
Thanks given by:
Spot on thanks guys! will it be easyier on ramps at a garage or not much difference?
Thanks given by:
I'd say the hardest part is getting at the turbo to change the pipework.........
Thanks given by:
Anyone got access to the guide I wrote on pug.net?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 06:03 PM)gareth7 Wrote: I'd say the hardest part is getting at the turbo to change the pipework.........

Given the apparent inability to operate the search, our newbie stands little chance of tackling this.

Seriously mate you're asking an age old question yet expecting to be spoon fed the answers which are on here a hundred times already. Even asking in chat for people to look here. Show some respect and learn to look for the info.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 07:27 PM)C2K Wrote:
(20-11-2012, 06:03 PM)gareth7 Wrote: I'd say the hardest part is getting at the turbo to change the pipework.........

Given the apparent inability to operate the search, our newbie stands little chance of tackling this.

Seriously mate you're asking an age old question yet expecting to be spoon fed the answers which are on here a hundred times already. Even asking in chat for people to look here. Show some respect and learn to look for the info.

Sorry i am new to this if i knew how to find it i wouldnt be asking the question didnt know that there was lists on here all i could find is peoples set ups not what i needed thanks for your input very helpful
Thanks given by:
Have you read the guide on this in the guides section that IIRC has a full list of absolutely everything youll need plus part numbers and prices?
Thanks given by:
Yeah mate have now found them many thanks
Thanks given by:
I'll be honest, I told Dan to start a thread as it sounded like he had bought half a kit and didn't know what was missing or what he already had, so sometimes a bit of direct communication is better than following an FAQ.
I'll make sure I point people to the FAQ first in future, and then start a thread if it didn't make sense Big Grin

To be honest I didn't know we had such a good FMIC FAQ, had I known it was there I'd have asked Dan to look there first Smile

Sorry.

On to the FAQ's though, stuff like Mikalor clips and some of the pipes don't have to be those specific ones. I used Jubilee brand clips, and used cheaper silicone (a stretched 45deg angle piece for the fitting onto the top L-bend for example)... and my system was fine from first-fitting to the day it was removed about 4 years later running about 21/22psi peak.

Obviously Mikalor are great if you want to run mahoosive boost, but most people should be more than fine with good old jubilee. I even used a few old ones from an old Peugeot 405 intake system when doing my FMIC kit Big Grin
I didn't even flare pipe ends for mine either, just roughed them up and made sure they were clean. My brother did the same and he ran 25psi on his k03 (23psi manifold, 25psi at compressor) at peak boost.

I know some people have all kinds of issues with pipes popping off etc, so big flared pipe ends and huge Mikalor do solve those issues, but they are not cheap... so sometimes it's worth looking at why it's failing rather than spending £50 extra on all Mikalor clips vs just boggo Jubilee clips.

Twin pass is my fave set-up still. If I get a 206 HDi that is what I'll be doing anyway... 206, evilll, yes, but there are loads of ok ones around. Finding a good 306 HDi now that isn't an estate is HARD work!

Thanks

Dave
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fmic parts list Hdi and proud of it 3 1,587 24-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum