bosch pump hissing air.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bosch pump hissing air.
hi folks, my Bosch IP is still leaking air, not a drop of diesel comes out, clean as a whistle on the outside. but its letting air in somewhere, fuel line has lots of air in, all lines changed tho and filter etc leak off line's all done.
I cranked the injectors and lines and fuel return banjo up, but I can still hear air when I prime with pump. I'm stumped. sounds like its coming from near the top of the pump, like near the boost compensator.... anyone got any ideas? thanks.
Thanks given by:
that's a breather at top of pump to vent pressure.

how can you tell it's leaking air is it hard to start or something?
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 04:59 PM)Kwik Wrote: that's a breather at top of pump to vent pressure.

hey bud, yeh its a bit smokey on startup, the inline filter is full of air, I can clamp fuel line and loosen jubilee to let air out as i prime it but within couple of days it will be empty of fuel.. I can't then think where the leak would be, I've replaced everything in the engine bay, the sender unit in tank seems tip top..
Thanks given by:
take a picture of pump and pipes going into it, of fuel filter housing and finally fuel priming grenade and post them up here.

May not be able to do it tonight as dark but do it during the day
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 05:32 PM)Kwik Wrote: take a picture of pump and pipes going into it, of fuel filter housing and finally fuel priming grenade and post them up here.

OK will do, thanks for the interest.
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 04:59 PM)Kwik Wrote: that's a breather at top of pump to vent pressure.

so that breatheris to vent pressure/air out but does it have a oneway valve to stop air getting in? a few members seem to be having the same issues
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 06:33 PM)vincent1 Wrote:

so that breatheris to vent pressure/air out but does it have a oneway valve to stop air getting in? a few members seem to be having the same issues

aha, so would it vent to the atmosphere? I've been looking at ve pump diagrams but can't spot anything, perhaps it has a oneway that's failed but ive no idea where, not where the boost diaphragm thingy vents to???? hmm, tricksy bloody problem.
Thanks given by:
that breather is on the lda and i would imagine it has a one way valve to make sure it only goes out not in. i took off my rubber cap and it did look like a one way to me but i may be wrong. I imagine that if that does go wrong would cause symptoms your describing.....
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 05:32 PM)Kwik Wrote: take a picture of pump and pipes going into it, of fuel filter housing and finally fuel priming grenade and post them up here.

I took a couple of photos but I have to reduce them in size, too big to post on hhere...not sure how to do that on my phone..hmmm
Thanks given by:
if you got a facebook put them on there via mobile then goto a computer and depending on browser,

chrome = right click and copy image url

IE=right click goto properties left click highlight all of image url and then hold ctrl and press c while ctrl is down to copy image url

then come back on here click new reply and click the add image button on tools and when the box comes up hold ctrl and press v while ctrl is down to paste image url

if using a mac substitute ctrl for apple key
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,401 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,969 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby